Letters From the Call of Duty Front

Letters From the Call of Duty Front

If soldiers in Call of Duty could write letters home, what would they say?

Games like Call of Duty help people live out war fantasies of being the mighty hero in a safe environment, but nobody really thinks they're in any way like the real deal. Case in point, the letters seen here at Dorkly, written from the perspective of a soldier on the COD battlefield.

It may start sounding almost sincere, but it quickly devolves into poking fun at the ridiculous conventions of Call of Duty: Black Ops (like being written by a brave soldier named PwnziScheme83, for one). Frankly, as someone who's been spending much of the holiday evenings playing Black Ops with his younger brother, I can't help but find it hilarious.

Read all of the letters over at Dorkly.

Thats mildly funny actually, though I dont play CoD:BO, so thats probably why its not funnier.

Though I did like the one informing of his death. I guess in the CoD world, everyone would have to beleive in reincarnation.

That's pretty funny.

You know, I was expecting someting like "Get me the hell out of here!!!1!" but that one is way more hillarious.

That's hilarious.

"Utilizing an advanced military tactic our enemies call, in their native tongue "Camping like Bitches".

Forwarding it now!

This is just brilliant. Now I need to go share this with people.

The other letters are hilarious to read as well.

I lol'd but only because its all so true.

Thats amazing, facebook,facebook,facebook,facebook,facebook,facebook,

Okay, that is pretty funny!

"Some no older than 13 years old..."

So true.

Okay, that was pretty good. The last one in particular killed me. Getting killed by a shot from a 15th century crossbow in the foot...lost a lot of good men that way.

He forgot to mention how he's recieved only minor wounds of being shot in the chest several times at close range.

Poor Joey is never going to get his RC.
On reflection, that's probably a good thing.

"I want to make my own now!" :D

I need to send letters like this for the holidays next year.

Hmm, not enough racial slurs to accurately reflect the magical world of Call of Duty.

huh...coulda been crazy enough just using the single player experience haha

Totally forwarding this to all my CoD playing friends now.

I love it when 'funny' meets 'serious.'

Very funny!

kouriichi:
I need to send letters like this for the holidays next year.

And so do I!

"Pwnzi believed in reincarnation, and that upon death he will be born again in like, 5 seconds"
HAH.

emeraldrafael:
Thats mildly funny actually, though I dont play CoD:BO, so thats probably why its not funnier.

Though I did like the one informing of his death. I guess in the CoD world, everyone would have to beleive in reincarnation.

not much refrence to black ops here other than the map launch wich is as hinted, a launch pad for a rocket ship ment to kill people who stand in one place for too long in serch and destroy

I am so going to steal that "advanced military technique: Camping like bitches".

Haha.. That was very amusing! I want more of those to read!

If a CoD soldier would be able to write letters the letter would contain nothing but his own brains splattered all over the paper.
Probably because by the time he got hold of a pen and paper he's already been spawnraped by a enemy gunship

Damn camping bitches! lol

Needs more weed and Lil' Wayne references. Or something along the lines of "I saw my best friend get n00b tubed by a man with a gas mask with a patch his arm that displayed a farting ninja"

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here