World of Warcraft Casting Director Killed in Hit-And-Run

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

World of Warcraft Casting Director Killed in Hit-And-Run

A longtime videogame industry casting director has been killed in a hit-and-run accident.

In a truly sad state of events, prominent videogame casting director Brigitte Burdine of BBCasting has been tragically killed in what appears to be a hit-and-run accident. She was reportedly on her way home from a late-night date on December 29 when she was run over by a dark sedan, and passed away from the injuries sustained.

Burdine, 48, was known for her work on titles such as World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King, Killzone 2, and InFamous. She began working in the videogame industry in 2000 according to IMDB. Burdine's current project was apparently the upcoming Mortal Kombat reboot.

Burdine was struck at Culver Boulevard and Pershing Drive in the Playa del Rey area of Los Angeles at 1:45AM and was rushed to the hospital, but her injuries were not survivable. The driver of the car did not stick around. Police are looking for suspects and say the sedan that hit Burdine would have front-end damage. If you happen to have any information about the accident, notify the LAPD.

Source: LA Weekly, via Kotaku

And just 5 minutes ago I read the news about Boney M's death, what is this madness today?

I didn't care until I read "Killzone 2". I hope the bastard responsible is ripped apart by cop cars.

My condolences to her friends and family.

Wow, that's really sad. What a bastard. Hope they find the guy.

Not a terribly good track record, Killzone and inFamous have some horrid voice work.

Either way, it's always sad when someone is killed in a hit-and-run.

Hopefully they catch this person.

Wow. This is a sobering start to my day.

Requiescat in Pacem, Brigette, and may your killer be brought to justice.

Damn. Always a shame when a life is lost.
But a dark sedan certainly sounds suspicious.
Condolences to her family, and I hope they find the guy or girl who did it.

I think someone should hit-and-run the killer. But don't kill him. Grab him and torture him. Killing a person, unless they REALLY deserved it (which this woman did not) is something deserving of pain to levels we can't imagine.

NLS:
And just 5 minutes ago I read the news about Boney M's death, what is this madness today?

Gah! NOO!!!

*ahem* My condolences, hope they catch the guy

Always tragic to hear of things like this. RIP.

Ephraim J. Witchwood:
I didn't care until I read "Killzone 2". I hope the bastard responsible is ripped apart by cop cars.

I'm detecting three kinds of fucked up in this post.

1) Not caring about a person's death until involvement with a specific game is mentioned.

2) Wishing gruesome death upon the person responsible for what is deemed to be an accident.

3) Offering condolences when you don't actually care.

Other than that, all I can say on the news report itself is that fleeing from the scene of an accident is a cowardly act, so I hope the person in question is found and held responsible for his/her actions.

JediMB:

Ephraim J. Witchwood:

I'm detecting three kinds of fucked up in this post.

1) Not caring about a person's death until involvement with a specific game is mentioned.

2) Wishing gruesome death upon the person responsible for what is deemed to be an accident.

3) Offering condolences when you don't actually care.

Other than that, all I can say on the news report itself is that fleeing from the scene of an accident is a cowardly act, so I hope the person in question is found and held responsible for his/her actions.

If I don't personally know the person or if they haven't worked on something I've enjoyed (in this case Killzone 2), I don't care.

They say accident, I say dumb motherfucker got drunk or something and herp-derped that he could drive home, or there was something else going on.

Do you really think anybody actually cares, save for the people who knew her personally? If so, you're quite... I think naive works here, possibly blissfully oblivious.

Ephraim J. Witchwood:

Charming.

OP: It's always sad when something like this happens, especially in an accident like this, always seems to random. Hopefully they can catch the guy.

Thats a terrible thing that happened.

Rest in peace and I pray that your killer is brought to justice.

Ephraim J. Witchwood:
Do you really think anybody actually cares, save for the people who knew her personally? If so, you're quite... I think naive works here, possibly blissfully oblivious.

Oh, of course I don't. I just don't like the idea of people pretending to care, and turning sympathy into something superficial that you simply offer for the sake of having said something on the subject.

JediMB:

Ephraim J. Witchwood:

Oh, of course I don't. I just don't like the idea of people pretending to care, and turning sympathy into something superficial that you simply offer for the sake of having said something on the subject.

Fair enough.

NLS:

That's a shame.

Somewhat related, here's an awesome cover of Rasputin:

Ephraim J. Witchwood:
Fair enough.

Thanks.

My condolences.

good bet it was a drunk driver.

HG131:
I think someone should hit-and-run the killer. But don't kill him. Grab him and torture him. Killing a person, unless they REALLY deserved it (which this woman did not) is something deserving of pain to levels we can't imagine.

Hypocritical, much?

So, it's okay to run over a person on purpose and torture them because they accidentally killed someone. But it's not okay to run over someone accidentally and flee.

Amazing logic!

OT: People die every day. I see no reason to make special note of this individual.

Undead Dragon King:
Requiescat in Pacem, Brigette, and may your killer be brought to justice.

Has a certain game trained me to read that as a confession? Only one type of person says that and only after something happens.

Ironic Pirate:

NLS:

Without playing it alongside "Night Flight to Venus" it's really only half a song as far as I'm concerened. Even if only for the bridge between the two.

Pirate Kitty:

HG131:

Hypocritical, much?

So, it's okay to run over a person on purpose and torture them because they accidentally killed someone. But it's not okay to run over someone accidentally and flee.

Amazing logic!

OT: People die every day. I see no reason to make special note of this individual.

Because as we all know, you have a psychic link with the killer and know it was an accident, right?

HG131:
snip for the sake of sanity

Because statistically the vast majority of hit and runs are accidents.

Thanks for clearing up that hypocritical post you made and not ignoring it completely, by the way.

If she is behind wrath of the lich king then this is over due.
In all seriousness though what a waste of life, working on games like wrath and Infamous. She could have worked for Epic and helped develop Gears 3 :<

Here's a link to the LA Times article with contact info for tips.

Pirate Kitty:

HG131:

Thanks for clearing up that hypocritical post you made and not ignoring it completely, by the way.

Yes, it's a bit hypocritical. I may also be slightly insane, so it's to be expected.

Dam shame, no mater what she worked on. Yes hundreds of people die every day in stupid pointless ways, and each one is just as tragic.

Ironic Pirate:

NLS:

That's a shame.

The shame is that I only just found this guy existed

HG131:

Pirate Kitty:

HG131:

Yes, it's a bit hypocritical. I may also be slightly insane, so it's to be expected.

Slightly? Pfft. I'm completely nuts. Haha, I win! Oh wait...

It's weird that the only picture of her they found suitable to use was the one of her sitting next to a giant waffle.

Well that's sad news. Although I didn't know of her by name, it's always unfortunate to hear about someone's untimely death.

Whoever hit her should turn themselves in. As far as I'm concerned, even if it was an accident, fleeing the scene is a terrible thing to do. And selfish, I might add. It only causes more problems, and is a disgraceful way to react when you've wounded or even killed somebody.

My condolences to her family; that's not something anyone should have to go through.

Onyx Oblivion:
Not a terribly good track record, Killzone and inFamous have some horrid voice work.

Killzone features some excellent voice work as well as some terrible voice work, so I wouldn't be that categorical.

OT: My condolences, obviously. Not much more I can say, except that the person responsible should and probably will be found.

I was gonna post something like "Ha I bet it was an angry WOW player trying to get back at the creators for deleting his account". But after reading this, I realise how stupid that is...
I thought Killzone 2 and infamous had some pretty good voice actors though so this is a shame from a gaming point of view. But its a shame anyway you look at it. I just hope it was an accident and I am totally wrong about the crazed WOW player.

I hope the person who killed her is now wrapped around a tree

Oh god, this is just so awful, no matter if it was an accident or not.
I know that many people will just say "hundreds of people die everyday", but this doesn't change the fact that almost every death is a tragedy, including this one.

I just hope the killer will be caught.

Senaro:
It's weird that the only picture of her they found suitable to use was the one of her sitting next to a giant waffle.

How is that NOT suitable for anything? When I die, my eulogy will be read by a giant waffle.

This is unfortunate, though I haven't played Infamous or Killzone (and am not really interested in the games) I love some of the choices in Lich King, and there was a LOT more voice acting than in the previous two games.

As to the people saying this or that about a person's death not mattering, sure, it might not always matter personally, but A: It's more often than not a bit callous of you to point it out, no matter what your motives, and B: It's here at all because she was part of the video game community, and it was just unfortunate. Maybe she's not a household name, but she played a part, and it IS news after all.

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here