Bulletstorm ESRB Rating is Comedy Gold

Pages PREV 1 2

I'll get it and duke when they hit 20$ used.....

This has my interest once again, going to take a second look into this game.

"one Skillshot (i.e., Fire in the Hole) allows players to shoot at enemies' exposed buttocks"

Classy.

Yomandude:
Dicktits.
'Nuff said.

Actually, since the article already said that, isn't this more like "doubly 'nuff said"?

... and suddenly, I'm interested in Bulletstorm.

You had me at Drilldo <3

Last Bullet:
Hmm... The more I hear about this game, the more I become interested. Sadly, I have no experience with People Can Fly, so I'm still sort of on the fence.

Let me just personally vouch for People can Fly as the most seriously awesome tongue-in-cheek FPS devs out there.

In fact, here is a whole blog entry with me raving about Painkiller :)

http://muyuubyou.blogdns.org:45987/apache2-default/?p=618

Duke Nukem: Space Pirate
that sounds like one of the most awesomest games EVER! the artical had me at "Space Pirates"

lol I just know I'm gonna use Dicktits in everyday conversation from now on.

This is going to be...

A MAN'S GAME!

Everyone, initiate Manfaces!

I'm now convinced that I'm going to buy this. It sounds too awesome to be true.

Gildan Bladeborn:

You should really pick up a bargain copy of Painkiller then so you can hop on down from that fence conclusively...

Jacob.pederson:

Let me just personally vouch for People can Fly as the most seriously awesome tongue-in-cheek FPS devs out there.

In fact, here is a whole blog entry with me raving about Painkiller :)

http://muyuubyou.blogdns.org:45987/apache2-default/?p=618

Well, you've sold me. Just got a copy of the Black Edition for pretty cheap off GOG, and waiting for it to download. Cheers, fellas!

kouriichi:
You had me at Drilldo <3

They had me at dicktits but this... this makes me feel cheap for going for it at that point.

Where do you pre-order the game, epicgames.com or somewhere else? I usally don't buy special editions of games but the fact that the Gears 3 multiplayer BETA is on the Bulletstrom special edition I'm very interested.

interesting ,interesting indeed

Sounds like this is the new Duke Nukem :)

Rorschach II:
Dicktits.

'Nuff said.

THE MENTAL IMAGE!

IT ISN'T GOING AWAY!!!!!!!!!!

Andy Chalk:
being "drilled into walls," whatever that means

I was confused too. Do you fire a drill at your opponent and cause him to be embedded into a wall, or do you attach your opponent to a weapon and spin him around until he breaks through a wall?

Dammit, ESRB, we need to know these things. How are we supposed to know what our children can play if you are this vague?

Am I the only one that's put off by this game's description? It seems like they take the violence thing twenty thousand steps too far.

Im thinking Serious Sam meets Gears of War. Seems very interesting indeed.

milo2215:
Am I the only one that's put off by this game's description? It seems like they take the violence thing twenty thousand steps too far.

Fictional violence can never be taken "too far". :P

dalek sec:

Arkhangelsk:
That and Duke Nukem Forever is the perfect dosage of mindless shooters that we need. Enough with serious stories for now, I want some over-the-top violence with gallows humor! :D

Exactly, for once I don't want a serious or smart story. Just give me a paper thin plot, tons of bad guys and enough Dakka that I could shoot down the Battlestar Galactica and I'm good to go! :D

Or better yet an incredibly deep and well thought out plot woven flawlessly into the gameplay along with enough Dakka to murder the entire population of the Star Wars universe being used to turn enemies into paste.

Does the limited edition come with an actual drilldo?

Being serious though, I would definitely consider getting this game, but I don't know whether it would get classified by our backwards government here in Australia.

Rorschach II:
Dicktits.

'Nuff said.

Indeed.

Did the Duke get dethroned on stupid sayings?

Arkhangelsk:
That and Duke Nukem Forever is the perfect dosage of mindless shooters that we need. Enough with serious stories for now, I want some over-the-top violence with gallows humor! :D

Indeed, we need a break from realistic shooters (I love them but c'mon! It has the word dicktits and jokes about your mother!) and 2011 shouldn't fail in doing so!

I'm getting a demo for this one! Ah well ESRB has to tell the buyer all the details right? Speaking of which, how do they rate games? Does someone play them or something? Also, I thought the ESRB rating description for Bulletstorm would include 'Comedy Gold' xD.

"one Skillshot (i.e., Fire in the Hole) allows players to shoot at enemies' exposed buttocks."

I can't stop laughing, I'm not even going to ask why the enemie has exposed buttocks! God dame this is a must buy.
Duke Nukem, you took too long so these guy have come to take your place.

This actually sounds amazing.

Excessive violence targeting the lowest common denominator? Great. I guess. Since when was the value of a game determined by the quantity and candidness of its sexual references?

Count me out.

Pre-ordering it now...

solidstatemind:
People Can Fly have decisively proven that they know how to make an enjoyable FPS, so I'm in. That it might out-Duke Duke Nuke 'Em is just a bonus.

I don't see how this game could out Duke the Duke. They seem like fundamentally different games and all they share is camera perspective and juvenile regard for foul language and violence. It might out painkiller or Serious Sam as these games are seemingly similar. But Duke was always a traditional shooter of the moment no matter what the camera perspective. This is more of an arcade affair where someone was confused as to if they were creating a fighting game or a new House of the Dead and just threw in ideas for both, just in case.

For me, it's knowing it's coming from the guys who made Painkiller, which was just all kinds of satisfying as shooters go, with amazing weapons, interesting enemies and great levels.

Ok, the jumping parts were annoying, especially for some of the bonus achievements (the tarot cards), but if you didn't care about them, it was pure fun!

It'll be amazing if they can retro us back to the idea of shooting stuff for score and combo multipliers, instead of for some plot reason :)

Hmmm, Forgive me, but I must go...

*heads to a Gamestop to preorder the shit out of this game*

Eclectic Dreck:

I don't see how this game could out Duke the Duke. They seem like fundamentally different games and all they share is camera perspective and juvenile regard for foul language and violence. It might out painkiller or Serious Sam as these games are seemingly similar. But Duke was always a traditional shooter of the moment no matter what the camera perspective. This is more of an arcade affair where someone was confused as to if they were creating a fighting game or a new House of the Dead and just threw in ideas for both, just in case.

Actually, I completely disagree, but I should mention that I'm limiting the comparison to the FPS games, specifically Duke Nukem 3D and Duke Nukem Forever, and not the platformers. Aside from camera perspective and puerile sense of humor, they also feature a main character who is supposed to be a total badass, who shoot off quips based on the way he kills stuff (although there may not be a vocal aspect to it in Bulletstorm- at least I haven't seen a trailer with one, but I haven't been looking very hard), you're killing Aliens/Mutants in a variety of interesting ways (DN3D had the pipe-bomb, which is still a personal favorite), the games are unabashedly single player focused, they both use the Epic Unreal3 Engine...

Besides, Serious Sam was often praised for being like Duke in many ways, so I fail to see how saying Bulletstorm is like SS means that it can't be like Duke.

You are entitled to your opinion, of course, but I think you're just picking nits over an offhand comment.

Meh. Why is everyone so excited about this? Mindless shooter, fine. Can shooters nowadays only be CoD-like (scripted and gritty), or 'mindless'? How about something in between?

BTW have people actually enjoyed Painkiller?

Painkiller was pretty damn fun (Thanks Yahtzee!), so I think I will need to pre-order this. Question now is what platform.. I am thinking PC, as I tend to prefer FPS on them.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here