We Dare You to Beat The Escapist's Office Prank

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

We Dare You to Beat The Escapist's Office Prank

We don't usually do office pranks here at The Escapist, but when we do, we take it very seriously.

We take our work seriously at The Escapist's headquarters in Durham, and that means taking our play seriously too - whether it's group-dancing to "Thriller" or Nerf warfare. So in retrospect, when I came into the office this morning to see Kross' desk covered in cardboard, I really shouldn't have been all that surprised.

The cardboard cubicle/prison was the brain child of The Escapist's web developer ThyNameIsMud and video producer CaptainCrunch (who sit on either side of Kross' desk). According to them, the plan was concocted Friday night, and the idea of a cardboard fort eventually evolved into a prison "for unknown reasons."

Over the weekend, the pair came in to the office for construction. The walls and watchtower went up on Saturday, along with plans for a cobblestone pattern and barbed wire strewn across the top. On Sunday, the Bane action figure took his post atop the watchtower, and The Rock offered to stand watch as guard outside. Red lights were added to give it an "ominous glow," and the installation received a German name: "Arbeitstein," or "work stone."

In case you were wondering (and don't speak German), the sign outside the door reads "Girls are forbidden." Some things never change.

The final touch was to hook Kross' speakers up to a list of prison music: When he entered the fort this morning, the office was filled with "Dueling Banjos" from Deliverance - the playlist also contained the theme from Oz and music from Schindler's List.

Kross was unavailable for comment. I mean, have you seen that thing? How the heck do you expect us to get in there to talk to him?

I think this has only one word to describe it: EPIC

Lmao this is epic. I also watched the Nerf wars vid, I WANT TO TO WORK THERE =[

I wish i had a fortress in the labs lol

This was WAY awesome... Not as great as the Sega folks who made a employee's cube look like a Sonic level though.

Still way better than coating everything in tin foil or filling the cube with packing peanuts!

FINALLY SOME PRIVACY!

NO PANTS ALLOWED IN DER ARBEITSTEIN

FREEDOM FREEEEEDOOOOMMMMM

It's probably worth mentioning, sneak up attacks on Kross is now super easy.

Now that is a good one. The best prank I've managed to do is cling film over the school toilets. Been 2 years and they still havent found out.

I'll raise you whole wall.

Hats off, guys! That is some awesome stuff.

Oh my God. That is hilarious, Kudos to those involved with creating this prank and for Kross for going so well with it, that is truly amazing

Ahhh the Escapist, how I do wish I worked there.

ThyNameIsMud:

6x Sneak Attack Bonus!

Or 3x, if you're lame, and use a ranged weapon like a NERF gun.

That's epic. The whole 'blame Kross' thing has gone really far.
When I first saw the pictures before reading everything, I thought it was a concentration camp.

If you are late, you will spend the day in the box. If you are not productive, you will spend the day in the box. If you attempt to leave early, you will spend the next day in the box.

It's the attention to detail that impresses me the most. The barbed wire. The stone pattern. The sliding door. Just brilliant.

Is he allowed food in there?

Hahahahaha.
That was awesome.
It looks cool and is funny.
The Sexy man statue is a nice touch.
And is that a FFFFFUUUUUUU face i see on the wall?

It makes me want to go through with my plans to Shrink wrap a buddy's room and fill it with water.
Complete with fish.

D:< WORK FASTER!

You know what? Seeing that prison fort prank reminded me of this:

Alright, i'm going to beat your office prank.

*grabs stick*

Kross:
FINALLY SOME PRIVACY!

NO PANTS ALLOWED IN DER ARBEITSTEIN

FREEDOM FREEEEEDOOOOMMMMM

So you don't have to wear pants anymore while you work?

Lucky bastard...

You guys be crazy! Let us hope this prison can hold Kross long enough

-M

The real question is how long does he commit to the prank. Does he take in down in a day, a week, a month? I put forth the "One Year Challenge". DO IT, doooo ittt.

Ha love the fact it's sooo never going to get taken down :P

I think "fun stone" would have been more appropriate :D

That's awesome. I would totally work in that.

Er. And how are we supposed to beat that? It's pretty damn elaborate.

I approve. Good pranking, good sirs.

Moriarty70:
The real question is how long does he commit to the prank. Does he take in down in a day, a week, a month? I put forth the "One Year Challenge". DO IT, doooo ittt.

Why would I give up my cube of solitude? If anything I need to reinforce the walls. :D

holy freaking crap. that is amazing. i really dont know if i have that kind of dedication to pranks.

You call that a prank? I call that freaking awesome, I guess we have different definitions of the word prank.

ThyNameIsMud:

Holy shit your avatar is amazing.

On topic, awesome prank guys! The Captcha is fucking annoying me at this point!

I say to top a cubical prank you need a tripwire nerfgun. this is where the creator gets to choose the nerfgun. When i made it last i used a shotgun based one. I used the same rig from fallout 3 not hard to make

I want to work at the escapist.

Huh. That's some damn fine dedication there. Really puts removing my flatmate's ensuite bathroom door into perspective.

Kross:
Why would I give up my cube of solitude? If anything I need to reinforce the walls. :D

Why does this not surprise me?

Also, I think the plan has backfired slightly seeing how much it's been deemed an improvement, aside from the obvious sneaking applications.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Posting on this forum is disabled.