Behold the "Motorcycle Helmet of the Apocalypse"

Behold the "Motorcycle Helmet of the Apocalypse"

This custom-built Brotherhood of Steel "motorcycle helmet of the apocalypse" won't do anything to protect your skull from a skid, but it sure will make you look good while you're roaring down the highway.

There's a reason the Brotherhood of Steel is the poster boy for the Fallout series: because love it or hate it, there's no denying that power-armored paladins are the baddest-looking dudes in the wasteland. The Brotherhood helmet is one of the most iconic pieces of headgear in the history of videogames, so what could possibly be better than wearing your very own life-size, lifelike T-51b motorcycle helmet while you go blasting down the highway on your two-wheeled suicide machine?

Not suffering a traumatic brain injury may leap to mind as one possibility, but that's not really a concern because this isn't really a motorcycle helmet. It's actually the creation of artist Josh Jay, who painstakingly handcrafted what has to be the hottest looking post-apocalyptic gear to come along since Ryan Palser brought the laser and plasma rifles to life back in 2009. The images came to light thanks to Her Majesty's Thunder, a clothing company dedicated to the principle of "Live Better, Ride British," but Jay, it turns out, is actually a level designer with Epic Games. Two sets of photos detailing the construction process can be found on his Facebook page.

Safe? Not a chance. Ridiculously awesome? Absolutely.

We'll it's awesome, but it must be hella expensive, and If I was dropping that kinda dough I think I would want it to at least comply with helmet laws. I mean why can't we have both awesome and will keep your brains in your head.

DO WANT!

It just looks so impractible and awesome at the same time.

That's Funny:
DO WANT!

This (damn ninja!)

You should see the NCR Ranger suit a guy on the Bethesda Forums is creating, it looks pretty badass so far.

Great helmet though, I would absolutely love to have that. Doubt i'd use it though to be honest, just as a decoration.

Oh hell! I never use it for driving a motorcycle! But yes!

GIVE ME!

I would wear it to every costumball/halloweenparty!!! Just imagine all the strange looks. I would feel awesome, definitely.

It would buy it if I had the money, then I'd color it black and red so I could be an Outcast...you know...because motorcycle riders used to be outcasts? WELL I THOUGHT IT WAS FUNNY. *runs away*

For the record, Brotherhood of Steel would be an awesome name for a motorcycle gang. And the BoS logo would look SO badass on the back of a leather jacket.

That looks more like a T-45d helmet

jesus I feel nerdy

Honestly I somewhat prefer the Enclave Power Armour

this reminds me of an episode in "American Chopper" where the guys created a motorcicle really AWESOME but then had to be re-designed because it didnt complied with "safety procedures" in the road or something, the father was angry as hell, but i would have done the same thing in the name of awesome

althought it didnt looked that bad when they fixed the few things missing.

Canid117:

jesus I feel nerdy

And with good cause, might I add.

guess I'm the only one that noticed "motorcycle" is misspelled....

Flamezdudes:
You should see the NCR Ranger suit a guy on the Bethesda Forums is creating, it looks pretty badass so far.

Great helmet though, I would absolutely love to have that. Doubt i'd use it though to be honest, just as a decoration.

Can you get a link to that? It sounds pretty awesome.

I dunno, the brotherhood's armour is cool as fuck. However, does anyone else notice how the helmet looks far too big for that guys body? I dunno, I think it looks kinda silly.

Numachuka:

Flamezdudes:

Can you get a link to that? It sounds pretty awesome.

http://forums.bethsoft.com/index.php?/topic/1143980-ncr-veteran-ranger-costume/

It's a work in progress.

EDIT: There are other pictures in the rest of the thread.

Morningrise:
guess I'm the only one that noticed "motorcycle" is misspelled....

Man, that is TWICE I've done that. Thanks.

Canid117:

jesus I feel nerdy

That's actually what sprung to my mind too - you know that means I've played too much Fallout. The T-51b wouldn't look as badass anyway.

Red Right Hand:
I dunno, the brotherhood's armour is cool as fuck. However, does anyone else notice how the helmet looks far too big for that guys body? I dunno, I think it looks kinda silly.

I imagine it's supposed to - if there was an entire power suit that would be bulky as hell.

Red Right Hand:

that may be true but Perhaps it would look a little less out of place if worn with actual power armour which looks over sized itself

That'd be awesome to headbutt someone in I bet. If I ever got one, that's the first thing I'd want to do with it, even if jokingly. :)

Sweet. If i only had the money i would so buy it.

And a motorcycle.

looks good for when there is smog

call me when they make a big daddy helmet

Maybe if they make us dig our gas masks out on my next deployment I'll make one of these around the mask. Boredom and paychecks we pretty much can't spend do not a happy sailor make.

Andy Chalk:
Ridiculously awesome? Absolutely.

Hell yeah son, I don't own a bike but I would buy just to cruise with this. That said, I probably just wear this all the time, and build meself a BoS suit just to freak the locals out... until I get shot down buy the local cop.

Evilsanta:
Sweet. If i only had the money i would so buy it.

And a motorcycle.

Ninja's be in this thread

I don't like having to wear a helmet on the bike. I mean, it's safe and everything, but you can't really feel the wind or anything, and that's the whole point. For me at least. Going ludicrously fast is the other reason.

Man, the headline so had my hopes up. I am looking for a new motorcycle helmet. This is not going to be any use on a sports bike.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here