Blizzard Fans Fuse StarCraft 2 and WoW Into Whole New Game

Pages PREV 1 2

I know they say that it's not for profit, but for some reason I want to pitch these guys some cash.

SaintWaldo:
Gonna get sued. That is all.

People did in Warcraft 3. So far no one ever got sued.

John Funk:

SaintWaldo:

I'm not sure why you'd think that. This is precisely the sort of thing that the SC2 galaxy editor is supposed to be used for, and it isn't like it isn't going to be used in custom games on Battle.net... which you need a copy of SC2 to access.

I *am* curious how they plan on handling the defining feature of an MMO - character and world persistence. Given that it'll be custom games on SC2, the latter is infeasible. I'm wondering if they could find some way of tying the character progression to your Bnet account somehow?

Some SC2 RPG map already offer persistence Character. I don't know how they work. But even Map like Desert strike have stat tracking (left top corner, there is a little button that show you everyone stats from every game they played)

But Persistence World is another thing.

Exort:

John Funk:

SaintWaldo:

I'm not sure why you'd think that. This is precisely the sort of thing that the SC2 galaxy editor is supposed to be used for, and it isn't like it isn't going to be used in custom games on Battle.net... which you need a copy of SC2 to access.

I *am* curious how they plan on handling the defining feature of an MMO - character and world persistence. Given that it'll be custom games on SC2, the latter is infeasible. I'm wondering if they could find some way of tying the character progression to your Bnet account somehow?

Some SC2 RPG map already offer persistence Character. I don't know how they work. But even Map like Desert strike have stat tracking (left top corner, there is a little button that show you everyone stats from every game they played)

But Persistence World is another thing.

What they did before is that your account name (The one shown) is saved to a persistant bot in a channel, when you finish or save a game you recieve a code at the start of the next game you -load (code) and your character is uploaded. This has been working on SC and WC3/WC3 TFT for some time. You can't hack the code because it's saved to the account name, and it saves what you have done.

If you lose your code, you can whisper the bot and it will tell you what your most recent code is.

I'm also sure that these codes could then add a persistant world, if you and a group of friends saved before a boss but were too tired you can all save. The match host could then input the map code load up your progress, everyone loads up their char and boom persistant world.

Edit: This has worked with RPG's, Ranked Custom RTS, and ranked styled AOS maps (Map DOTA was based on).

This looks awesome, great work and good job to the guys working on this!

This project is very likely going to fail. Why I say so? It plans to be really big, is at a VERY early development stage: pre-Alpha? considering alpha means "first playable version, for developers", pre-alpha is "complete mess".
Also, it got media attention. Hell, that kills early projects a lot :P

WANT!

I'd buy Starcraft II just for this.

Lt. Vinciti:

solidstatemind:

Lt. Vinciti:
Dont worry kids...

We all recall that leaked Blizzard sales chart...

Rather then let go the beloved franchise that makes you billions...

2015... Universe of Starcraft...

OT:
I do like how this works looks pretty cool

Actually, Blizzard has said that their 'Next Gen MMO' is an entirely new Intellectual Property, so the 'Titan' that is referred to on the leaked release schedule isn't WoS.

If these guys get it right, however, I wouldn't be surprised if Blizzard experimented with publishing their work...

Or thru court...

Do you really think Blizzard is going to fumble the billion dollar machine they have now to try and "keep it real with the kids yo"<--- aka try it new and lose a throne

Why would they "lose a throne" by starting a new IP? They'll still have Warcraft, Starcraft, and Diablo. Titan will simply rake in a new customer base and secure their position as a top developer even further.

seems like the best part of sc2 is that you can turn it into better games

"Video removed due to copyright claim from activision"
WTF? Seriously? can we all start hating activision again?

Jackal_Legacy:
"Video removed due to copyright claim from activision"
WTF? Seriously? can we all start hating activision again?

I think that settles the nature of the copyright topic rather nicely.

/thread

Doesn't it just?

Anyway, if Blizzard ever made an SC2 MMORPG I would probably be the first to buy. Although I would be slightly put off if I had to pay a monthly fee for it... >.>

I dislike the fact they make WoW players rent the game from them... Seems rather pointless tbh...

this really has become a big issue, that's why blizzard has made it move...
sc2 terran hotkeys

That was quick. Blizzard is evil.

Video got activisioned. :( I was really looking forward to seeing this q.q

this video is no longer avaible due to a copyirhgt claim by activision...

DAMN YOU BOBBY!

Further proving blizzard just wants your money.

The video was pulled by Activision.

Suck it Kotick!

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook