Nintendo Hates Justin Bieber

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 15 NEXT

Nintendo Hates Justin Bieber

Nintendo is tempting the wrath of the Beeb by refusing to allow a 15-second clip of the Mario theme to be used in the upcoming biopic Justin Bieber: Never Say Never.

First things first: yes, a movie about teenage singing sensation Justin Bieber has been made and it's coming out in February, in 3D no less, directed by a guy whose previous credits include Step Up 2, Step Up 3D and something called The Legion of Extraordinary Dancers. And while the surging ranks of the Beeb Army will no doubt fall upon one another like vicious, half-starved wolverines in their zeal to be at the front of the line, there's at least one group of people that apparently wants nothing to do with it: Nintendo.

"aw C'mon Nintendo! Y won't u let us use the Mario theme for 15 secs in the @Justinbieber movie," director Jon M. Chu wrote on Twitter. "talk about free advertising passed up. Oops"

What's the deal? It's not as though Nintendo has a thing about licensing its music for use in movies; as MTV Multiplayer pointed out, it allowed the use of music from The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past in last year's Scott Pilgrim vs. The World. No, this is something different, something more personal. Clearly, Nintendo hates the Beeb.

Okay, maybe that's overstating the situation a bit, but I think it's fair to say that Chu is too, when he suggests that Nintendo is somehow going to lose out for not supporting this film. I rather suspect that Nintendo will continue to do just fine, with or without the Beeb's pouty puss on its team.

Justin Bieber: Never Say Never hits theaters on February 11. Don't miss it!

Yeah, because Mario totally needs more advertising.

Seriously, who the hell hasn't heard of Mario yet?

Pwned!

Seriously, this is just funny.

(Just so long as they don't back down in a week's time.)

Nintendo doesn't need free advertising anymore.

Least of all from being associated with that.

We love you Nintendo.

I love how the directer talks like an average Bieber fan on Twitter, with full on chat speak.

That smug little wanker pisses me off.

Mario doesn't need to be associated with....that.

More importantly, why is that director only able to make dance-themed movies?

nawh that last line was just a waste of time knowing the way of this website :S

Anyway good for you nintendo

and suddenly I feel OK about buying DS games again
TO GAMESTATION

This redeems Nintendo for its numerous remakes.

Andy Chalk:
"aw C'mon Nintendo! Y won't u let us use the Mario theme for 15 secs in the @Justinbieber movie," director Jon M. Chu wrote on Twitter. "talk about free advertising passed up. Oops"

... seriously? What is the director, 14?

Lol, made my day. What use would the music have? I'm pretty sure all the movie is gonna be his album played over and over with screaming girls inserted every 20 seconds.

It's been said there's no such thing as bad advertising. We found the exception! Good call Nintendo.

Well this cheered me up a bit! Although judging by that movie poster this Bieber has become just another hoodie, albeit a famous one...

And Nintendo has 100% respect from me again, after they lost it all with the vitality sensor, I still hate that thing and its not even released yet. Oh well, sucks for you Bieber

sadly they will be allowed to use Justin Bieber's music in this movie.

I remember the days when 'The Beeb' was used to refer to the BBC and not some manufactured pop star kid...

Free advertising... Nintendo could literally burn sveral million dollars and still laugh about it. They dont need a 15 second clip in fucking beibers movie.

Never say never...? Well Nintendo...

*puts on shades*

Just said never...

I don't blame them though. You couldn't pay me enough to appear on-screen as an Extra for that movie.

Im betting Miyamoto has an M-16 full of Bullet Bills with Beiber's name on it.

"free advertising" Bwhahahahahaha! Im not even going to start! oooh lawd!

I love it. Nintendo's new slogan: "we may market to kids at times, but at least we're not idiotic Justin Bieber fans!"

I'm contemplating what horrendous torture I should inflict upon you for typing out that sentence.

Nintendo...

I dislike the road you took, but you have at least not lost your sense of humour. I'm glad.

Nintendo in Scott pilgrim is advertising.

Nintendo in Justin Beaver (typo intended) is humiliating.

'nuff said.

I like Nintendo slightly more now.

Assassin Xaero:

Andy Chalk:

No, a ten year old can do MUCH better than that.

I love how he used "y" instead of "why" but still capitalized it since it was the beginning of a sentence, as if that particular facet of grammar is important.

Infernoshadow211:
We love you Nintendo.

And I love your avatar, Kirbycade (カービケイド, kābikeido).

oh god....a justin Bieber movie?

HollyWood...congratz your a freakin retard...

First the Jonas Brothers now this...Ozzy Ozbourne...want to help me kill that Gaytard?

Ozzy: SHARROOONNNN!!!!!!

JordanXlord: um...i'll take that as a yes?

A good decision here. Mario= Good, Justin Bieber= Total waste of music, time, money and sperm.

Chu: We would like to license the Super Mario Bros. theme for our movie please.
Nintendo: Alright, let's get talking. So, what movie are we talking about?
Chu: Justin Bieb...
Nintendo: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA No. *Hangs up phone*

danpascooch:

Assassin Xaero:

Andy Chalk:

No, a ten year old can do MUCH better than that.

I love how he used "y" instead of "why" but still capitalized it since it was the beginning of a sentence, as if that particular facet of grammar is important.

Especially considering he forgot to capitalize the rest of his sentences that were actual words.

More people are fans of Nintendo than Justin anyways, and have been for decades.

In rejecting the offer Nintendo has just received some amazing free advertising :D

This article confused me, since in the UK, "Beeb" is a very common way of referring to the BBC, and I kept trying to work out what they had to do with this movie. :P

Xzi:
I love it. Nintendo's new slogan: "we may market to kids at times, but at least we're not idiotic Justin Bieber fans!"

I'm contemplating what horrendous torture I should inflict upon you for typing out that sentence.

looks like we found another member for the Anti-Justin Bieber Alliance....WE SHALL KILL THAT WASTE OF LIFE

I'm sorry but Beiber is part of a different video game generation. That is the hard truth and a movie about self-promotion of himself where using a game like Mario has literally no connection.

As for Scott Pilgrim? It was a movie about being entertaining and utilizing video game and comic references to create a surreal world to enhance the experience of the movie. I really doubt Beiber would actually use it for the same purpose.

Nintendo have nothing to gain and actually something to lose from just letting anyone utilize their property to movies that self-promote people as if they were some nobody.

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 15 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Posting on this forum is disabled.