Really, Hide Your Kids: Antoine Dodson's Getting a TV Show

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Really, Hide Your Kids: Antoine Dodson's Getting a TV Show

The internet sensation, made famous in "Bed Intruder Song," will star in his own reality television show.

Antoine Dodson was interviewed on his local news after the attempted rape of his sister. Then his interview appeared on YouTube, was promptly auto-tuned, and went viral, so now he has a reality television show in the works. Entertainment One is producing the pilot for the reality program, and actress Kali Hawk (Couples Retreat, Get Him to the Greek) is on hand to executive produce.

We know very little about the program's content right now; all TMZ could report was that "producers have already shot a bunch of footage centered around Antoine moving out of Alabama and over to West Hollywood." As of this writing, the show has neither a title nor an airing network, but the "Bed Intruder Song" has seen over 67 million hits on YouTube.

Source: TMZ, via The Hollywood Reporter

Profiting of off sexual attacks is always fun isn't it?

No... No no no no noooooooo. No!

Not more of this "famous for being famous" reality shit. It was funny months ago when it was still fresh, now everyone is sick of him. I guess the tv execs think they can cash in on internet popularity, but they don't realize how fast people lose interest in net fads.

Patrick_and_the_ricks:
Profiting of off sexual attacks is always fun isn't it?

Worked for Chris Hanson, he made a mint off of turning the subject of child predators into entertainment.

I saw him on Tosh.0. Hilarious!

Can someone please stop the planet? I would like to get off now.

I love the world so much right now. Just when you think it can't get any more bizarre...

squid5580:

Actually I only heard about it recently so it's still kiiinda funny for me, kinda.

wat.

He's getting a TV show for a song he didn't make.

So, let me repeat.

WAT.

OHNOES! Hollywood snatched their Antoine up!

ProtoChimp:

squid5580:

Actually I only heard about it recently so it's still kiiinda funny for me, kinda.

This is the first I have heard about any of it. I don't see any humor in it whatsoever. It isn't even funny in a sad sort of way. It is just really really sad that this is what has become of the human race.

squid5580:

ProtoChimp:

squid5580:

This is the first I have heard about any of it. I don't see any humor in it whatsoever. It isn't even funny in a sad sort of way. It is just really really sad that this is what has become of the human race.

Wait I quoted the wrong person, eh whatever. Yeah I see your point, but we all have that THING don't we, that THING we know is shit but just can't admit it.

squid5580:

ProtoChimp:

squid5580:

You can go ahead and be a downer. I, on the other hand, will be patiently waiting for the lolcats TV show.

Honestly, this is a terrible idea. This simply stopped being funny months ago. And even if it was the funniest thing ever made, milking it to death is always a bad idea. This and Sarah Palin's Alaska are the reasons why I don't watch TV unless it's Weeds.

So let me get this straight. They want to make a show about some guy because that video went viral and they believe they can make a profit off of it? I can't see how they think this is a brilliant idea, it's like all people who make reality shows have brain damage. But then again reality shows seem to be popping up left and right lately and end up being really popular for some reason. I guess they're just following the trend of making a reality show and hoping for profit.

Nedoras:
So let me get this straight. They want to make a show about a rapist because that video went viral and they believe they can make a profit off of it? I can't see how they think this is a brilliant idea, it's like all people who make reality shows have brain damage. But then again reality shows seem to be popping up left and right lately and end up being really popular for some reason. I guess they're just following the trend of making a reality show and hoping for profit.

Close but one key difference. Not a rapist but rather a guy who stopped someone from raping his sister.

GiantRaven:

Nedoras:
So let me get this straight. They want to make a show about a rapist because that video went viral and they believe they can make a profit off of it? I can't see how they think this is a brilliant idea, it's like all people who make reality shows have brain damage. But then again reality shows seem to be popping up left and right lately and end up being really popular for some reason. I guess they're just following the trend of making a reality show and hoping for profit.

Close but one key difference. Not a rapist but rather a guy who stopped someone from raping his sister.

Yeah, I realized that now.

In the words of the man himself, "SO DUMB - SO DUMB - SO DUMB - SO DUMB."

and this is why i dont watch tv anymore.

netflix, thank god your around, otherwise my tv would never be on for anything besides video games.

I predict, and pray for, utter failure.

Ben Intruders Beware! Dodson has gone National!

Heard it a long time ago. It's quite funny but I wonder how long he will actually last.

It's a pretty unforgiving world out there.

*SNORT* What?
Really???

Lol!

I'll never watch it but I love that fact that this may become a thing. Doubly so considering I live only a couple of miles from the guy. Go Dodson Go!

You know what? After seeing him on Tosh.0, I think I might actually watch this. He's actually a good person.

Hollywood, you are so dumb. So dumb. For real.

TheYellowCellPhone:
wat.

He's getting a TV show for a song he didn't make.

So, let me repeat.

WAT.

Well autotune the news wouldn't have made the song in the first place without Antoine saying to " hide yo keeds hide yo wife", the original video itself is funny.

You know whats really bad, is that I lived in the same city as this guy, or well I live in a suburb of the city. This is highly disappointing. I jsut got a weird captcha perplexity wilimis

And this is why i hate Hollywood.

...why? There's enough shit on television as it is. How about network executives move back to producing real television shows, rather than this reality bullshit that has gone on for far too long.

I guess creating an actual, real, and more importantly entertaining television show is too difficult for these people?

There needs to be a reality show focusing on the people who greenlight reality shows. It would be fascinating to study their species.

I probably won't ever watch it, but if people enjoy it and it helps Dodson's family to improve their situation, then more power to them.

The old media is trying to graft viewership from the new media by taking one of our pseudo-celebrities and trumping them up with their own show in a misguided effort to appeal to a demographic that left it far behind.

Do not want.

.........................At first I liked him and everything, the song was funny. Now......now this is just sad, go figure someone would screw it all up.

Jesus Christ I hate television producers these days.

TV Exec 1: "Hey guys, you know what we need? More reality shows centered around shit that no one on goddamn EARTH cares about."

TV Execs 2-5: "YEAH!"

His fifteen minutes of fame died almost immediately after that song. Why does he get a show now?

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Posting on this forum is disabled.