Hobbit Movies Delayed Again as Director Is Hospitalized

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Hobbit Movies Delayed Again as Director Is Hospitalized

Peter Jackson will still direct the movies, but they won't start filming next month, as originally planned.

The start of filming on the Hobbit movies has been delayed once again to give Jackson time to recover from stomach surgery, following his admission to a Wellington, New Zealand, hospital with a perforated peptic ulcer.

If left untreated, a perforated peptic ulcer can have dire consequences. Thankfully, the surgery was a complete success and in a statement, a spokesperson for the director said that doctors expected him to make a complete recovery. The spokesperson added that apart from the slight delay, the surgery would not have any other impact on Jackson's commitment to the movie.

This new delay is just the most recent entry on a laundry list of problems that the production has faced, from legal battles with the Tolkien foundation, to financial problems at MGM, all the way up to labor disputes with the actors' unions. Filming was scheduled to start on the two-part story in February, but now it seems that March, or perhaps even later, is a more likely bet.

Source: Cinema Blend

Peter Jackson needs to man up (bear with me, I'm about to sound like a massive stalker), Martin Freeman has to film both The Hobbit and Sherlock before summer, I want need him in both of these things, and if Peter Jackson can't just will himself better, well then he is just being selfish.

Gaaah dammit! Why doesn't this movie want to be made!?

You know I'm getting the feeling this film is cursed, still its normally a good sign for films so when it does start it should be a great film. Hope he gets well soon.

Perhaps it's all for the best. This'll give them more time in which to hire some brown-skinned actors to play the Shire's Harfoot Hobbits.

NOOOOOO, if this movie gets any more delayed then its gonna come out after the maya apocalypse.

i personally am not to bothered about this film, i was never a huge fan of the hobbit and IF a film does come out i'd probably see it if there was nothing else on

The Universe knows this film will be so good that it rips the fabric of time and space apart, so it therefore keeps trying to delay it.

...Or perhaps its just bad luck. I dunno.

Well, I'm less pissed off about the movie being delayed, than happy to see that Peter Jackson will be fine, and still direct the film. It just wouldn't be as good without him.

God damit Peter! This film has enough trouble with logistics and legal disputes. We don't need to lose anymore time just because YOU can't take care of yourself. Seriously!

HankMan:
God damit Peter! This film has enough trouble with logistics and legal disputes. We don't need to lose anymore time just because YOU can't take care of yourself. Seriously!

Ulcers can be caused by stress you know.

Eeeep? Hell's teeth, that's nasty. Get well soon Peter, we don't want another Bad Taste.

Luftwaffles:

HankMan:

I looked it up on Wikipedia. Perforated peptic ulcer is caused by smoking and non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. Besides look at the pic: you can't tell me he couldn't stand to lose a few dozen pounds

Knowing Peter, he'll do a good job no matter what. But I don't want this to be a quicksand pit of doom for my favorite series. The Hobbit was my favorite book in elementary school. :(

Wait.... they haven't even started filming yet?

Get better soon Jackson!

HankMan:

Luftwaffles:

HankMan:

I looked it up on Wikipedia. Perforated peptic ulcer is caused by smoking and non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. Besides look at the pic: you can't tell me he couldn't stand to lose a few dozen pounds

Wouldn't be surprised if he was charged double the price of a regular stomach operation. After all, it's like he's got two stomachs.

HankMan:
Besides look at the pic: you can't tell me he couldn't stand to lose a few dozen pounds

He did. By the time he finished the LOTR movies he was positively skinny:

How about they not milk the short book into two full movies and instead make one good one? If you can cram thousands of pages of LotR into three movies, you can make the few hundred pages of the Hobbit into one. That'll save time! :)

Xocrates:

HankMan:
Besides look at the pic: you can't tell me he couldn't stand to lose a few dozen pounds

He did. By the time he finished the LOTR movies he was positively skinny:

That LAP-BAND® thing works wonders, don't it? That might be what's causing his "peptic ulcer."

Oh, balls. I'm starting to think this movie is jinxed(cursed) or something.

Eh, so long as it's still being made, I'm happy. But I'm starting to think this is all just a conspiracy to built the anticipation, or something equally silly.

Ouch, sounds painful. Hope he gets better soon. (He'd better; I need that film! :D)

This better not go the way of the Halo movie.

Although I don't think it will.

Phantom of the Hobbit strikes again!

Seriously. Get over it. I don't care if you die filming the Hobbit, I. WANT. IT. MADE!
And I want always gets!

Phew, Thank [insert deity here]! Glad to hear the surgery was a success. His involvement in the series is integral imo.

im starting to think this film might never get made, which i hope isnt the case :(

Heh saw this on the news yesterday, nothing serious. Just a few days I believe the delay will be.

It will be awesome no matter how delayed it gets!

Dam, I was hoping it would be delayed even farther. I really dont want this trainwrek of a movie to ever be made. Well guess its time to order that hit siciliar style on jacksons house.

Ilikemilkshake:
im starting to think this film might never get made, which i hope isnt the case :(

It's very rare for a movie to get made smoothly. Usually one or several things pop up which delays it. The difference is that we don't usually get a play-by-play of everything that's happening while it's still in preproduction.

I agree with MaxPowers666, this movie should not be made.

Luftwaffles:

HankMan:

Ah, ninja'd!

My thoughts exactly- the man has been through an awful lot of shite to get this project off the ground and it's not surprising in the least.

Hope he gets well soon, and that this won't cause any scheduling hiccups leading to any actors dropping out.

I'm looking at you Martin Freeman and Ian McKellen.
Please don't go!

I'd get Sherlock cancelled if it came down to a choice between that and this film being made. I'm that bloody invested in this project.

Dammit, not another delay. At least he's fine, though.

Oh for @#$%'s sake. This is turning into The Crow.

HankMan:

Luftwaffles:

HankMan:

And here we have the exact reason Wikipedia shouldn't be trusted. It's literally irresponsible & stupid.:

While it's true that some NSAIDS (e.g. Aspirin) can cause this kind of ulcer, by far the most common reason for a peptic ulcer is bacterial infection from Helicobacter pylori. "By contrast, gastroduodenal colonisation by H pylori may be inhibited by the presence of large areas of epithelial erosion due to NSAIDs and by the direct activity of the drugs." Aspirin was actually a part of the pre-operative treatment for my gastric ulcer in the '90s.
Here's a link for a genuine medical journal which cites peer-reviewed research on the subject:
The Lancet, 359; 9321
http://www.lancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736%2802%2908746-9/fulltext

Wikipedia's all very well if you want to cite inconsequential gossip, but when giving medical advice I can't stress strongly enough how dangerous a source something like that is.

Regarding Jackson, he should be back on his feet after a couple of days & back to work a week or two after the op. Ulcers aren't a big deal any more unless they're ignored.

Shapsters:
Gaaah dammit! Why doesn't this movie want to be made!?

At a guess, it saw the other three.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Posting on this forum is disabled.