Old Spice Guy Returns Via Your Facebook (or Twitter) Feed

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Old Spice Guy Returns Via Your Facebook (or Twitter) Feed

The Old Spice Guy will return just in time for the Super Bowl, and he could make his re-debut on your social media page.

Last year's "Old Spice Guy" advertising campaign, starring actor Isaiah Mustafa, has been called the most successful social-media-driven ad campaign of all time. It started almost a year ago when the first ad aired on Super Bowl Sunday, and peaked in July where Mustafa answered Tweets with 183 unique video replies - including one to LoadingReadyRun's very own Kathleen. The storm of social media generated a staggering 35 million views in just one week.

Actually, it culminated in October with the Sesame Street parody, but I digress.

According to marketing news site Clickz, Mustafa and the Old Spice Guy campaign are set to return almost a year to the date after the original commercial aired - with an interesting social media twist.

A series of three new commercials are set to air on TV starting February 7th, but one lucky Old Spice "superfan" will be given the chance to air the commercial privately on his or her social media profile of feed of choice before they're ever seen on the airwaves. That's a pretty interesting strategy, and the desire to be one such superfan might generate enough pre-campaign buzz that the campaign could be worth it before it even starts.

I mean, of course smelling like the most refreshing places on earth is worth it. Smell like a man, man!

(Pick me, Isaiah! Pick me!!)

Yeah the King of the Internet is back! Guess every king has to check on his subjects every now and then

Isaiah Mustafa Sammy L. Jackson for president of the internet 2012!

OT: Horray! he's back! I knew my role model wouldn't leave me us!

Damnit, why couldn't this guy have replaced Sentinel in MvC3?

i think i'm a homosexual now.

I find the lack of Wesker in your news post disappointing...

Anyway, sounds like an interesting strategy to me. Glad to have him back.

-Zen-:

Because Sentinel isn't so god damn charismatic!

Goddamn I love Old Spice guy.
Everything is better with him.

-Zen-:

People wouldn't get past the character select screen then. The game would have no chance in hell of recreating his perfect form, his eyes alone would require the computing power of Japan just to render.

And that's all before he flexes.

Not even the glory of 1080p can capture the splendour that is he.

I love how this man is unanimously loved by all. He totally deserves it too. Pure genious.

The king has returned!

This is the best day ever. Of all time.

Holy Monolith!

cthulhumythos:
i think i'm a homosexual now.

Count me in! Where do I sign up?

Classic! Great return of one of the best internet icons. That vid cracked me up :)

Anybody else want Marvel to make a Black Panther movie with this guy? He's perfect for it.

bojac6:
Anybody else want Marvel to make a Black Panther movie with this guy? He's perfect for it.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1825683/

It could happen! That would be interesting...

cthulhumythos:
I think I'm a homosexual now.

My thoughts exactly.

That a beefy man slab of manly attractiveness like this can exist is awe-inspiring.

Mr.Pandah:
I love how this man is unanimously loved by all. He totally deserves it too. Pure genious.

This is true. I even tried to start an anti-OSG thread on 4chan's /raeg/ board (angry at everything) and every post said "GTFO. OSG is epic."

Good to see you again sir.

Oh Isaiah Mustafa... You're so dreamy <3

Most of these commercial campaign revivals never have the charm of the original and make everybody wish it ended when it did.

THIS ISN'T ONE OF THOSE! :D

Old Spice's upcoming ad-campaign is now diamonds!

Isaac The Grape:

Mr.Pandah:

This is true. I even tried to start an anti-OSG thread on 4chan's /raeg/ board (angry at everything) and every post said "GTFO. OSG is epic."

That right there is the only proof you'll ever need to justify my post. haha

I just used Old Spice!

cthulhumythos:
i think know i'm a homosexual now.

That's more like it. My god that man is beautiful.

I don't like twitter.
It's like facebook, but worse.

I have some Old Spice. And it is damnnnn good :D

Awesome.

Nautical Honors Society:

bojac6:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1825683/

It could happen! That would be interesting...

He actually wants to play Luke Cage.

He made this facebook group http://www.facebook.com/OldSpiceGuyAsLukeCage

Yay he's back!

Although I have to ask why he's using a green screen.

Old Spice Guy! Hell-Fuckin-Yeah!

Hail to the king!

My king has returned!

Those eyes, you really cant get by them, no-matter what you do...

What's old spice?

Could someone please inform me?

*Ahem*
Yes.
Also, now I'm off to Amazon to buy a six pack of Old Spice Body Wash. :)

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here