Awakened Shows What Midway's Hero Could Have Been

Pages PREV 1 2

If they fix the crap animations it could look cool, but until then meh, ill wait and see for this one.

So am I the only one who wasn't bothered at all by the animation or graphics of the game?

The animations didn't bother me in the least, and I thought the graphical design was pretty good.

Hopefully it will not have the same shortcomings as InFamous and prototype, a stunning lack of things to do other than blowing things up and hurling yourself odd large buildings.

Well SOMEONE stole the Heroes music, but I don't think that's a bad thing. Looking good.

The graphics/animation/finish tells me this game is peobebly still only very early alpha stage, Seeing as its under production as the same group responcable for the development of hero i would guess the new company didnt get any of the ownership of the hero projects development hence they would have had to start again (graphics/animation/models/textures). upside of this is development should be realitivly quick or very polished as they have already made one version of what they are trying to create (at least to the point it was canceled).

If the game is a true large scale open world sandbox with full character customisation from looks to powers, when they get this finished they will probebly have a sale from me.

Rusty Bucket:

Ironic Pirate:

Moeez:

It's the same game. They've been working on this since 2009? Surely, they should be picked up.

Finally, super enemies, instead of just the military or gangs like in inFamous/Prototype. Love the physics capabilities.

What the fuck? That game looks far better!

What happened? I mean, I know it was cancelled and all, but didn't they still have that? Were all their files deleted or something?

Very likely, yeah. It's unlikely they actually own the ip or any of the game files since its just some of the original team that split and made a new studio. They will have started from scratch.

Well, visually it looks like arse, but obviously it's very early in development. The concept is very interesting though, got a lot of potential.

Ouch. That sucks.

The character models were actually pretty good, it was the animations that were bad.

Looks awesome, but also maybe slightly too ambitious. I can see this being a game where you can do 1000's of different things, but none of them will be any good.

Ironic Pirate:

Rusty Bucket:

Ironic Pirate:

What the fuck? That game looks far better!

What happened? I mean, I know it was cancelled and all, but didn't they still have that? Were all their files deleted or something?

Very likely, yeah. It's unlikely they actually own the ip or any of the game files since its just some of the original team that split and made a new studio. They will have started from scratch.

Well, visually it looks like arse, but obviously it's very early in development. The concept is very interesting though, got a lot of potential.

Ouch. That sucks.

The character models were actually pretty good, it was the animations that were bad.

I watched that whole demo, and yeah, the animations were sweet. I hope they bring back all those customization options that were in Hero. Cause in comparison, Awakened's look like shit.

That was beautiful. I especially liked the veteran guy, and the ninja. I see this doing well. I predict a 4 out of 5 for this.

so it's kinda like if someone made a game out of the TV show heroes..... that'd be pretty freaking cool.... i would definately buy that...

This looks amazing, I just pray they include flying as a power, I want to fly around the city making criminals fear the wrath of my lazer eye powers... Or better yet, something akin to the "Blaster" in city of heroes.

vansau:
Awakened seems like it's got an even more open world that seems less-gritty (though no less mature) than its predecessor.

Wait, according to the trailer this game is LESS gritty then the original? Jeez I shutter to think what "Hero" must have been like... O_o

What the hell?! This is Mage: the Awakening for you people! Damn that will be a good game to play! *_*

For mor info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mage:_The_Awakening

Want!

I hope there's one character like that guy from Heroes that can have everyones powers :P

I know there are superhero MMORPG's but wouldn't this one be a cool new IP for one?
Probably wouldn't be very sucessful though...still, live in hope.

mindlesspuppet:
That is some of the stiffest character animation I've seen in recent years, hopefully they get changed before final release.

Seems more like a proof of concept video than anything else.

Certainly some interesting ideas in there though.

Didn't look all that interesting to me, TBH, but then it's just a trailer. The narration was painful.

It's obviously early in development, but I hope a publisher picks it up so that the graphics will end up rivaling the original Hero at least.

I mean, this is definitely a promising IP. I'd be surprised if it was ignored.

Ironic Pirate:

WrongSprite:
Get rid of the PS2 level animation, and you'd have a pretty cool looking game there.

That. Also, the beyond shitty explosions.

The narration is really cheesy too, but I could get over it.

These are the same problems I had watching it, along with aiming seemed pretty crappy, and some of the powers seemed incredibly weak (the push move specifically). The animation seemed off, etc.
I'll go back to playing inFamous, and hope this gets better. I was NOT impressed.

does anybody know what song that is they used...?

the game looks like fun, but the explosion animations look terrible atm

Wow! This property has a lot of potential. I was blown away by this video. For those of you complaining about the graphics, keep in mind that this is obviously still in production.

HeraldGustav:
What the hell?! This is Mage: the Awakening for you people! Damn that will be a good game to play! *_*

For mor info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mage:_The_Awakening

Yeah, I was going to say. It looks like an adaptation of it - wonder if they took the work for Hero and licensed it?

Eh.

Looks a bit gimmicky and not too great. Still, I like the premise.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here