Someone Leaked the Marvel vs. Capcom 3 Intro Cinematic

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Someone Leaked the Marvel vs. Capcom 3 Intro Cinematic

Two sets of heroes meet two sets of villains, and lots of stuff blows up.

We're still about two weeks out from Marvel vs. Capcom 3's release (Feb. 15th here in North America, the 18th in Europe), but some generous soul has released the game's intro cinematic and posted it onto YouTube. The audio is a bit scratchy at points, but there's little doubt that this is the real deal.

And oh, what a real deal it is. We've got the SHIELD helicarrier in flames over New York City. We've got Spider-Man and Nathan Spencer (of Bionic Commando fame) swinging from enemy fighters, Storm zapping the fighters with lightning, She-Hulk hurling them around, and Chun-Li and Zero just kind of generally looking cool.

Mike Haggar and Felicia try to save some of his "Haggar for NYC Mayor" billboards, and frankly I'd vote for a man who looked like he could crush my head with his bare hands. Thor matches elemental powers against somebody (Super Skrull? Help me out here, Marvel-ites), and the likes of Doctor Doom and Magneto clash with Jean-Grey-as-Phoenix and the World Warrior, Ryu.

Frankly, it looks incredible. I'm super psyched for MvC3, and this trailer isn't doing much to convince me otherwise.

For all the awesome action, though, the Mike Haggar/Felicia section stands out for me as the most memorable - if only because it's kind of hilarious.

(via VG247)

I want to get this, but I have to get Killzone 3, Dragon Age 2, and both new Pokemon games first.

After all that, though...MvC for sure.

Just can't decide between the 360 or PS3 version...

3:25 I was waiting for Ryu's eyes to go red, for Ken to take up his hand, or for Akuma to walk out of the flames...
Oh well, maybe he can change modes MvC1 style.

Man this is the first time in years I've been excited for a fighting game.

what i want to know why is there T. Bonne and zero but no mega-man?

There's only two weeks left?!

Oh wow, I have to prepare. Lots of hand and wrist exercises, and time to dust off the old HORI stick.

For your information it was Dormammu (flaming head) that Thor was fighting against. The intro is pretty much epic and the last scene would make an awesome wall paper or poster.

This game simply can't come soon enough! This leaked intro makes me even more glad that I got the Collectors Edition. INCREDIBLE!

But you're missing the most important part! You can clearly see the helmet of GALACTUS, DEVOURER OF WORLDS in the giant billow of smoke behind the villains. Guess we know who the final boss is now :D

I watched out of curiosity, as I know practically nothing of either set of characters, and have little interest in fighting games, but that looks awesome.
That Mike Hagger and Felicia scene stands out as there's even a music change to reflect the sheer randomness of the tonal shift that just took place.
I really do like the art style, it's a strange, but strikingly effective, mix.
Also, brilliant ending scene there. I would be surprised if that's not reproduced in a physical format at some point.

It looks like, from a story stand point, they are actually trying to make "power levels" make sense. You don't see Dr. Doom facing off 1v1 with Ryu or anything so its nice to see they're actually paying attention to that. Anyway awesome trailer thanks for the scoop.

I have never seen Wolwerine that smiley.

The scene with Mike and Felicia was hillarious. Those claws must really hurt but she can scratch my back whenver she wants.

:D
I want this now.

John Funk:
Thor matches elemental powers against somebody (Super Skrull? Help me out here, Marvel-ites)

T'was Dormammu.

OT: Zomfg, I didn't know that Jean Grey would be in this!!

Dream Team: Dante/Amaterasu, Wesker, X-23/Hsien-Ko

The lack of Amaterasu kicking arse in that intro disturbs me...

Suddenly, Villians. Looks good, i wont be buying though.

Only 2 weeks... its only 2 weeks I have to wait for a sequel to my favorite 2D fighter of ALL TIME!

This is going to be a long 2 weeks...

Wolverine and Ken scene... awesome
Suffice it to say this video necessitated a change of pants for me.

Yay job opening!

I realized today that as I become more and more embedded in the developer lifestyle, I care less about leaks as cool little discoveries, and more that some idiot just got himself canned for stupidity, so I don't feel guilty trying to get his job once they've fired him.

I seriously need this right now. Also, I really want a poster of the final still.

VICTOR von DOOOM!!!
Say it, just say it.
VICTOR von DOOOM!!!

warboss5:
But you're missing the most important part! You can clearly see the helmet of GALACTUS, DEVOURER OF WORLDS in the giant billow of smoke behind the villains. Guess we know who the final boss is now :D

I noticed that too! Fraking epic. If only this was coming to the PC, or the Wii, as that;s all I have

At 2:47 You can see Galactus's Silhouettein the dust cloud behind the villains.

I seriously want this.

As wonderful as that was, I could think only one thing
after Thor's entrance:
So... much... property damage.

As wonderful as that was, I could think only one thing
after Thor's entrance:
So... much... property damage.

no hadoken? lame. still awesome though

I haft to agree with you Mr.Funk.
The part with Felicia and Haggar is simply hilarious.
Felicia is just too adorable i....i.....HNNNNNNNNGGGGGG.

But man, the whole thing was awesome.
Its so stylish and i looks like each character's personality has been captured perfectly.(from what iv seen, Gameplay wise as well)

Day one purchase for me.

Felicia, Zero, Wesker will probably be my first team i main.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but doesn't Galactus travel via massive dust cloud anyway? But he seems to be basically confirmed by this point.

Almost too excited for this one coming out. Kinda fun how Phoenix holds off all the big bads, but tbh against all of them at once not many would have a chance besides her.

Oh, wow. That was just plain awesome.

Needs 10000% more Amaterasu.

Onyx Oblivion:

Just can't decide between the 360 or PS3 version...

The Ps3 version!

Cuz that's the one I'm getting, you're on my friends list and I want to play with ya.

oh...my....gosh. Aside from the music being a little underwhelming, everything else is OVERWHELMING!! How does one fight Galactus, anyway? He's a GOD!

I have never had an interest in buying a fighting game. Now I do. Mike Hagar will never leave my team.

That was far to awesome for words and I am voting Haggar for Mayor of the universe.

I need to get some practice on MVC2, we only have a short while left.

The lack of Dante and Deadpool makes me kind of sad but still, pretty fuckin' cool.

Also, is it just me, or does anyone else think these trailer cinematics would almost be better as a full length film or something? I mean yeah the game looks good too, but these are just plain badass.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here