Battlefield 3 Teaser Trailer Hints at Release Date

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Battlefield 3 Teaser Trailer Hints at Release Date

Jets and helicopters are making a comeback in Battlefield 3, as is fighting at night.

A leaked teaser trailer for Battlefield 3 has revealed when we can look forward to playing it, albeit in the most general terms possible. The game - which is the first entry in the main Battlefield series in six years - is coming this Fall, although exactly when is anyone's guess right now.

The trailer - which is now available on the official EA site - was apparently put up on YouTube a little too early by EA Russia. It shows a nighttime battle in an unspecified warzone, with a lot of gunfire and infantry movement and a helicopter destroyed by a jet. Over the top of it all is the opening drum beat from the Battlefield theme, rendered into a sort of static buzz.

There aren't a lot of other details to be gleaned from the trailer, but Game Informer - which has a cover story on the game in its March issue - revealed a few tidbits. Jets and the ability to go prone will make a comeback, and PC players can look forward to 64 player maps in the multiplayer. Unfortunately, that's all the magazine was willing to share. We do know that the game will have destructible terrain, however, after DICE sneakily confirmed it in the description for a talk that Kenny Magnusson is giving at GDC next month.

Battlefield 2 was a lot of fun to play, especially with friends, and if DICE is able to deliver a similar experience but with updated technology and gameplay, it's going to make a lot of people very happy. With the studio now focusing all its efforts on the game, it seems like the odds of that happening are getting more favorable all the time.

Battlefield 3 is coming for PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 this Fall.

Source: VG247

Now this sounds like it could be groovy.

However, in the wake between Battlefield 2 and Battlefield 3, I got hooked on ARMA II...

Ah well. It's good they're not neglecting the Battlefield franchise in favor of the Battlefield Bad Company action-fest.

Cannot wait for this.
Only played Bad Company 2 and still loving it, would be awesome to see what the normal Battlefield franchise is like.

I'm excited, but given DICE's recent releases and support (lack there of) I'll have to leave it a few months after release before deciding this one. Interesting to see how Airpower's going to work this time round.

$10 says that it's pushed back three quarters.

Still, Metal of Honor tanked pretty badly because of (a) the lack of demand for a CoD competitor and (b) being too real in what Afghanistan-Pakistan firefights look like (lots of brown with barely an idea of where you're being shot from). Let's see if Battlefield can do what it couldn't.

Calico93:
Cannot wait for this.
Only played Bad Company 2 and still loving it, would be awesome to see what the normal Battlefield franchise is like.

i completely agree, i started with Bad Company 2 and fell in love with it. After playing for like 2hrs i realized that it was better than CoD, imo. I cannot wait to try a normal Battlefield either. I am eagerly waiting for BF3.

Not only am I looking forward to the game, but this trailer is quite artsy! I love it! Reminds me of the whole raster-noton label in a gamey context. :)

Looking forward to it. Never was able to play my Battlefield 2. Too many problems with Gamespy and I had trouble finding good servers. Maybe because I tried getting into it too late after release. Definately getting this when it comes out.

I want them to return to more open terrain allowing for multiple-front scenarios. That would atleast be -somewhat- refreshing from all the other FPSes that have been flooding the market.

...I still want them to follow up on Battlefield 2142 though! I want to keep watch with my overpowerd, sonic-burst canon.

SeeeoPOIIING!

I love the Battlefield series, but I'm just wondering what they're going to do with Battlefield 3 that they haven't already done with Battlefield 2 and Bad Company.

UnderCoverGuest:
Ah well. It's good they're not neglecting the Battlefield franchise in favor of the Battlefield Bad Company action-fest.

Because the other Battlefields weren't action-fests?

battlefield 2 has always been the game i go back to. After a month or 2 of cod i get bored and reinstall BF2 again... love it, i really really have high hopes for this... the only thing that is causing me doubt in the back of my head, and i really cant shake this doubt, is the fact it is also been made for the (DON'T FLAME ME FOR BEEN A PC ELITIST) consoles =(

All this game needs to be is an updated Battlefield 2, that game was incredible. I don't need (many) innovative features or anything like that, I just want the old battlefield back.

Having said that Bad Company is still very good, it's just lacking something the older games had.

silverbullet1989:
the only thing that is causing me doubt in the back of my head, and i really cant shake this doubt, is the fact it is also been made for the (DON'T FLAME ME FOR BEEN A PC ELITIST) consoles =(

They've already said that it's being primarily made for the PC, with the consoles being the secondary focus.

Besides, being made for consoles never made a PC game bad. The developer not putting in the effort for the PC versions made them bad. It isn't the consoles fault when a PC port is shit, it's the lazy developer.....you PC elitist!!!111!

I hope the game is as great to play as that Trailer is to watch

-Samurai-:

silverbullet1989:
the only thing that is causing me doubt in the back of my head, and i really cant shake this doubt, is the fact it is also been made for the (DON'T FLAME ME FOR BEEN A PC ELITIST) consoles =(

They've already said that it's being primarily made for the PC, with the consoles being the secondary focus.

Besides, being made for consoles never made a PC game bad. The developer not putting in the effort for the PC versions made them bad. It isn't the consoles fault when a PC port is shit, it's the lazy developer.....you PC elitist!!!111!

Lol wooooooahhhh calm down there :p they can say a lot of things but every developer knows where the money lays... maybe i am a pc elitist, yeah come to think of it i am, ive always enjoyed games more on the pc then on my xbox so yeah im a pc elitist and proud :p

Just you watch, they are going to remove prone and all the other good things, that made BF2 fun in favor of more action packed gameplay.

I hate where FPSs are going....

Yelchor:
I still want them to follow up on Battlefield 2142 though!

Well seeing as how recently Battlefield Vietnam was remade for BF: BC 2 I think that they may release a DLC pack of 2142, Imagine, Titan battles in HD!!!!

Ossian:
Just you watch, they are going to remove prone and all the other good things, that made BF2 fun in favor of more action packed gameplay.

Yeah, and I guess that they only said there'd be prone for giggles. Seriously, at least reserve your judgement until there's an actual game-play video.

Or even some tangible info.

If this runs at 60 Frames Per Second I'm never touching COD again :D

-Drifter-:

Ossian:

Yeah, and I guess that they only said there'd be prone for giggles. Seriously, at least reserve your judgement until there's an actual game-play video.

Or even some tangible info.

Source please, I really hope its true.

Who would of thought they would of turned Crysis, one of the most different shooters out there, into a CoD with super powers? Also I'm a beta tester for Battlefield Play 4 Free, and they removed Prone on that, so I assumed they were doing it for all BF games.

=D now my life is complete, can't wait!

Do want! Do want!

I'm going to sit outside my local video game retailer and wait until this comes out... Right after I change my pants.

silverbullet1989:

-Samurai-:

silverbullet1989:

Lol wooooooahhhh calm down there :p they can say a lot of things but every developer knows where the money lays... maybe i am a pc elitist, yeah come to think of it i am, ive always enjoyed games more on the pc then on my xbox so yeah im a pc elitist and proud :p

Yeah but after the crap they caught with Bad Company 2 from the PC users(and rightfully so. It was plagued with problems) I believe them when they say they've shifted the focus to PC for BF3. The series started on PC, and the largest part of the player base still lies in the PC crowd. When it comes to the Battlefield series, PC is where the money is.

bak00777:

Calico93:
Cannot wait for this.

i completely agree, i started with Bad Company 2 and fell in love with it. After playing for like 2hrs i realized that it was better than CoD, imo. I cannot wait to try a normal Battlefield either. I am eagerly waiting for BF3.

You guys don't have to wait. BF2 is arond for cheap and its still worth playing. I know many serves are still active. Little dated... yes but its a good way to get the feel on 64 player large map style combat. 2142 is not that bad either if future war is your thing.

/ot: I eagerly await the return to a true battle field. Don't get me wrong I love me some BC2, it really is good times. But big servers and longer games is where its at.
"This made me a little hard. Like totaly 1/4th wood."

LOL they actually had o say they were going to put in prone. I love BF2 and have high hopes for BF3, but honestly what does that say.
That's like when a dead beat dad wants praise for paying his child support, you're supposed to pay your child support. What DICE, you want a cookie (Ref. Chris Rock)

Battlefield 2 partially caused me to flunk out of university. Battlefield BC 2 encouraged so many late/all night gaming sessions that I was late so often for work I lost my job. I'm hoping Battlefield 3 will be so addictive that I forget that humans need to eat and lose my life.
Thank you Dice for making games more addictive than crack.

This is easily the most excited I've been for a shooter in a looong while. CoD has NOTHING on Battlefield. And I don't mean Bad Company. BC is fine, but the original BF series is where it's at.

-Samurai-:

silverbullet1989:

-Samurai-:

Yeah but after the crap they caught with Bad Company 2 from the PC users(and rightfully so. It was plagued with problems) I believe them when they say they've shifted the focus to PC for BF3. The series started on PC, and the largest part of the player base still lies in the PC crowd. When it comes to the Battlefield series, PC is where the money is.

Hmmm i can agree there... i just remember going to get my copy of medal of honor (for the pc) and in the shop i saw the ps3 version with a big heading accross the top "invite to the battlefield 3 beta" ... ohh nooooo. lol saying that i liked bad company 2 on the pc once they fixed the buggy servers... even though it did feel like a console game... dunno if it is still bad? i play bad company 2 vietnam a lot at the moment

After playing hours and hours of Battlefield 2, when i saw this my reaction sounded a bit like this.

I loved Battlefield 2, for me it was the perfect shooter. I can't wait till Battlefield 3 comes out, it's going to be bigger and better than the second coming of Jesus (At least I hope so).

One word: oh my frikking god, AWESOME!!!!!

Fuck yes. Only one downside, I am broke, BF3, Skyrim and xbl, add up to atleas £120 :(
Ande kingdoms of Amular. Fuck this year wants my soul and more money than I have :(
And dark souls.... Christ why have they released so many amazing games in 1 year, last year had RDR and that was it for me, god damn I hate when so many good things are all out.

Im so extremely super hyped.

This might just take the place as my favorite shooter ever. Hell maybe even favorite game ever. As long as Dice doesnt screw up.

Ossian:
Source please, I really hope its true.

Source? It's right there in the news story. Look:

Did you not bother to read it?

*Fangirl squeal* YAY!! 64-player multiplayer! Do want!

cocoro67:

Yelchor:
I still want them to follow up on Battlefield 2142 though!

Well seeing as how recently Battlefield Vietnam was remade for BF: BC 2 I think that they may release a DLC pack of 2142, Imagine, Titan battles in HD!!!!

Plus that intro song blasting as you drop pod onto someone's face... God I hope it is dlc.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here