Rumor: Halo: Combat Evolved Remake Likely in 2011

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

That does make a lot of sense that it would be released (Or Re-released) on the tenth anniversary.
I'm calling it that that'll be the release day.

I'm looking forward to it, in a way.
If it's not an exact carbon copy...
I mean, most of it was great, but some bits were just... so fucking boring.
Like that opening mission where you had to drive a 'Hog from place to place.
It was alright, just boring because it was all the same enviroment, literally, and there was no music.
Put some music in there and make them different from each other, and, 343, you have yourselves another sale.

well it seems microsoft has finally let some time pass and now they're taking out their grave robbing shovel.

damn you microsoft, damn you for manipulating me (and by extension, my wallet) with my beloved deceased franchise.

in truth i might get it if my friends think its good. if not, well, i do own the original.

Hero in a half shell:

unacomn:

Enkidu88:
If they retconn the stupid bloody Flood out of existence I'm all for it.

This. I actually enjoyed Halo up to the point where the Flood were revealed. After that, well, let's say I wish this franchise would burn in the pits of hell.

Also, it would be nice if you got to play Halo 1 from the viewpoint of the Covenant. But that would require work and dedication.

The flood were my favourite part of Halo, I considered the game a completely generic FPS shooter until that change of pace, where it turned into a mild survival horror, (and me being 12 it scared the everloving crap out of me) I thought it was clever.

Agreed. Bar a couple of bits of confusing map design, 343 Guilty Spark was a sweet map that gave me shivers - I can still remember the first time chief replays Jennings' video log, sat in front of the tv on Christmas day, probably giving grandad WW2 flashbacks with all the gunfire. Freaking sweet moment in the game ^_^ not my favourite map to replay, but one I enjoyed when it came up in a campaign run.

That maddened marine, blasting away at anything that moved... barricaded rooms covered in grunt blood... the final run through the swamps, desperately trying to save as many marines as possible... the arrival of the sentinels... the Flood sailing through the air to bat at them...[lol]

Plus, Shotgun :D

I wouldn't mind this, but its not gonna have the same "oh s**t run" feeling that the flood gave you when originally playing halo, its just gonna be a "yeah i can see them coming"

If they remake halo 2 I would be pissed though as thats as close to gaming nirvana as any game has come to me

icyneesan:
This should also be remade for the PC. I doubt it will be though...

my sentiments exactly.

bloodmage2:

icyneesan:
This should also be remade for the PC. I doubt it will be though...

my sentiments exactly.

On that note, i want to fly a damned pelican

Zanez:
Of all games to remake... All the ones that need graphic overhauls, updated mechanics, 1080p, new cutscenes, and a second chance at a solid audience...

Why remake this one?

because where theres a will there's greedy corporate wankers who wouldn't put 25 cents in a gumball machine if they couldn't expect a return of investment and never learned the meaning of Christmas.

believer258:
Snip

My only response is o.O

I'd buy this, re-making Halo sounds like a good idea and I'd play it to death even more with my friend.

Although I am planning on buying Reach soon >.> and as one of the early posters said I whole-heartedly agree.

Bungie creating Starship Troopers would be quite interesting. (Yes I am aware that Bungie is no longer going to make more Halo)

If this article has any merit to it than I find myself seriously wondering how stupid 343 thinks the Halo fan base is..

I'm not here to bash on Halo all day but a game that's barely 10 years old being remade.. let alone a game that isn't exactly what those who worship it claim it to be, it's absurd. I just don't understand the mindset that the people who absolutely love this game have. But than again I'm a die hard Final Fantasy fan but at least I can acknowledge it's flaws and don't fawn over it. Come to think of it.. Halo is going to be the Final Fantasy of the FPS genre!

Ever since the second Halo game I've said many.. many.. many times that Bungie should just quit the act and release the game for all it really is, multiplayer. Don't try and justify a $60 price tag by tagging on a mediocre single player game that doesn't last that long at all. 343 should do the same.. just release a multiplayer version of Halo with the original maps with the not so upgraded.. upgraded graphics and charge $30 if you have to do it at all. But than again over the span of the Halo games I've found myself with each new game finding myself playing on maps that seem oddly familiar.. like I've been there before..

That is all!

I love playing Halo CE SP for some reason, but I really don't think we need to see some of the most monotonous, copy-paste level design in gaming rendered in high definition.

IDK if I am dissapointed or excited.
On one level: Yes a new Halo game!
On another: Why remake this game than any other? There are better games out there.

As long as they don't charge $60 I MIGHT buy it. This game will definitely depend on the reviews.

In Yathzees word. Beat the dead horse with a bat, the spastic movements will at least give some sence of activity.

Sheez.. I thought we were done with this franchise to get something better going.

-Ulven-:
In Yathzees word. Beat the dead horse with a bat, the spastic movements will at least give some sence of activity.

Sheez.. I thought we were done with this franchise to get something better going.

That's exactly what this is. And it's hilarious because the same kind of people who moan and groan that the Final Fantasy series should go off into that good night will loudly and gladly shout from the mountain tops how great of an idea this is.. since it's Halo of course

Noctis_XZ:

-Ulven-:

That's exactly what this is. And it's hilarious because the same kind of people who moan and groan that the Final Fantasy series should go off into that good night will loudly and gladly shout from the mountain tops how great of an idea this is.. since it's Halo of course

At least the FF series tries out with different characters, story line, plot (well kinda). Halo is the same ├╝berguy vs. aliens... again, and again. It reached a conclusion wit the 3'rd then they milked it into an prequel and people loved it. And now they are going to do what movie studios does... "revive the classic"

standokan:

Wolfram01:

standokan:
I'm gonna go ahead and say what everyone thinks LAME.

Yep. This isn't exactly a good thing. I'm sure fanboys and girls will scoop it up, afterall that is the only people they can target with this type of thing.

This is one of those times that I think gamers really need to make a stand and speak with their wallets.

When the revolution starts, you have my bow.

And my power as a Relaity Warping immortal demon. Against the Halo fandom, youre going to need it.

OT: In case you didnt figure it out from what I already said, I think the mere premise of a remake is pants-on-head retarded.

Fun fact: Pants-on-head retarded came from Yahtzees review of Halo 3.

Zanez:
Of all games to remake... All the ones that need graphic overhauls, updated mechanics, 1080p, new cutscenes, and a second chance at a solid audience...

Why remake this one?

SARCASM CHIP: ACTIVATED

Are you crazy?

Halo does not have enough attention yet, it's the N.1 game that needs to be remade, it's not like games like Fahrenheit deserve a second chance, no, it's all about Halo.

SARCASM CHIP: OVER-HEATED, SHUTDOWN IMMINENT

I would like to see a PC version with co-op.

Woodsey:
Is this to show people that they really have been playing the same game for the past 10 years?

I mean, WHY? If you insist on carrying on with Halo, do something new with it for once.

Perspective is an amazing thing. I despise Halo: Reach for the myriad of ways in which it destroyed classic Halo gameplay.

Anyway, if they add competitive matchmaking to this, it'll be the best thing to happen to Xbox LIVE.... well, ever. Otherwise, it'll be non-event for me.

Tom Goldman:
The remake is said to be in development at Saber Interactive, known for Timeshift.

Aaand, my interest is lost.

Timbydude:
I hate to say it, but the original Halo is held on a pedestal by most people purely because of nostalgia. The subsequent games were far superior to the original.

I just don't see the point of this remake. Maybe if they change up the level design and balance, then it'll be on par with recent entries like Reach. But otherwise, this seems somewhat frivolous.

Speak for yourself. I still enjoy playing the game from time to time.

ZeroAE:
Gonna buy it.I just get my 360 last year , and I am in love with the franchise. Maybe they will add content from the books. Havent played Halo 1 or 2 yet , so I will wait for the remake.

Dude, you can buy the original Halo on XBLA for download.

Oh goody good good. If this is the case, I have to make the choice between Halo and Skyrim for my birthday. Halo is spot on the day and Skyrim is just four days before. Truly a new moral dilemma?

ahhgg it burns us

Cool. Can we keep out the stupid weeaboo bullshit like energy swords and gravity hammers? AND DO I GET MAH PISTOL BACK?!?

If it isn't on the PC, someone may or may not SUFFER.

Not really anything new; they've remade ce 3 times now. This time they just won't bother changing the name.

I with the first post, of all the game to remake, why is this one getting remade?

Noctis_XZ:
If this article has any merit to it than I find myself seriously wondering how stupid 343 thinks the Halo fan base is..

I'm not here to bash on Halo all day but a game that's barely 10 years old being remade.. let alone a game that isn't exactly what those who worship it claim it to be, it's absurd. I just don't understand the mindset that the people who absolutely love this game have. But than again I'm a die hard Final Fantasy fan but at least I can acknowledge it's flaws and don't fawn over it. Come to think of it.. Halo is going to be the Final Fantasy of the FPS genre!

Ever since the second Halo game I've said many.. many.. many times that Bungie should just quit the act and release the game for all it really is, multiplayer. Don't try and justify a $60 price tag by tagging on a mediocre single player game that doesn't last that long at all. 343 should do the same.. just release a multiplayer version of Halo with the original maps with the not so upgraded.. upgraded graphics and charge $30 if you have to do it at all. But than again over the span of the Halo games I've found myself with each new game finding myself playing on maps that seem oddly familiar.. like I've been there before..

That is all!

and what about us fans who aren't hugely into multiplayer...?

it seems to me, when it comes to halo, is that you either love it, or you hate how theres so much praise going to such a bland, mediocre game.

that said, i don't know if i'll buy this reanimated carcass because it reminds me of the deceased game franchise i had loved. and theres a chance it would rot and stink up the place. (tad bit of a strained metaphor, but you get my meaning)

Two words: Move on.

Micro$uck remaking mediocre... In HD!!!!! Well up-scaled HD anyway.

It's nice to see Microsoft moving in a different direction for a change.

/sarcasm

cthulhumythos:

Noctis_XZ:

That is all!

and what about us fans who aren't hugely into multiplayer...?

it seems to me, when it comes to halo, is that you either love it, or you hate how theres so much praise going to such a bland, mediocre game.

that said, i don't know if i'll buy this reanimated carcass because it reminds me of the deceased game franchise i had loved. and theres a chance it would rot and stink up the place. (tad bit of a strained metaphor, but you get my meaning)

If you have no huge interests in the realm of multiplayer I see no reason why you would even consider buying this game outright.. a rental perhaps.

I just don't understand the fanfare behind Halo at all. Someone please, for the love of God, explain to me why it should be remembered as one of the greatest games of all times let alone warrant a remake.. that from reading this thread has already been made once or twice?

I was hoping they'd turn Halo 2 into a good game somehow. Shame.

The only Halo worth playing was 2. Every other Halo game has had me simply play it through once, and when I attempt to play it again, I get bored and switch back to 2. Including when the first one came out.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here