Amazon Deal of the Day: Dead Space 2

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Amazon Deal of the Day: Dead Space 2

Good news, everyone! Amazon is willing to scare you out of your pants for a significant discount.

If you've been waiting for Dead Space 2 to drop in price before you picked it up, then have we got some good news for you. For today (and today only), Amazon has slashed the price tag for the game in every format.

Amazon is currently offering the regular version of the game on PS3, 360, and PC at $39.99 ($39.95 for PC). Meanwhile, even the Collector's Edition of the game has been discounted to $59.95. If you pick up the PS3 copy, it will "include a free Move-compatible Dead Space Extraction (as all first-run PS3 copies do)."

If you're a fan of survival horror games, or even just quality games in general, then you can't really afford to pass this deal up.

Source: Amazon via Joystiq

Holy crap! *orders collector's edition* And now I wait...

Why was the Collec edition US exclusive *angry face* it looked awesomely baddass with the lifesize plasma cutter and everything. Was a bit ticked off that us 360 owners in the UK weren't even given a choice :(. Would've looked sweet on my shelf next to my Ezio and Sam Fisher figurines.

And as usual the Uk/Europe market is left with almost no consolation. Do wish even a few of these kind of offers would spill over to this region.

I usually like to wait for shooters to go down to $20, but this time, I think I'm gonna make an exception. Keep on posting these deals, the latest Deathspank was a steal for $8.

Blizzarded Soul:
with the lifesize plasma cutter and everything.

The Plasma Cutter was hyped to hell, in reality it was the size of your hand and 70% of them were broken right out of the box.

Thanks for the heads-up. DS2 purchased.

I bought this game on amazon.co.uk for the full prize a week ago....
ah well

Pretty awesome, however, i'll stick to my precious steam. Next christmas DS2 will probably be on massive-super-sale-omigodpricehorrorslash with only Steam DRM. I've got enough other games from the last steam sale to pick through first.

Sgt. Dante:
And as usual the Uk/Europe market is left with almost no consolation. Do wish even a few of these kind of offers would spill over to this region.

AMEN!

I'm sick of getting the shaft due to where I live.

Even AUSland get's better deals than us. And they're always bitchin about games n what not.

Blizzarded Soul:
Why was the Collec edition US exclusive *angry face* it looked awesomely baddass with the lifesize plasma cutter and everything. Was a bit ticked off that us 360 owners in the UK weren't even given a choice :(. Would've looked sweet on my shelf next to my Ezio and Sam Fisher figurines.

It wasn't lifesized and it was cheap....pales in comparison to my platinum chip.

I'm glad I got the heads up on this, or I might have never have bought it otherwise...

Now I finally have a reason to dust off my 360...

I played the first until the regenerator, then had to reformat my computer and just started playing through it again, and never really thought it was amazing, but still good... would this one be worth getting (for PC)?

EHKOS:

Blizzarded Soul:

It wasn't lifesized and it was cheap....pales in comparison to my platinum chip.

Really.....dayumn. Would still have been nice to have a choice though.

Sgt. Dante:

Um... looks like Amazon.co.uk has a comparable price.

While .com charges $39.95 (£24.79), .co.uk charges £28.11 and offers free shipping to many European countries.

If not for its ad campaign convencing me the developers thought it was a juvinal crap game, I might consider it.

Good news, everyone!

... Am I the only one who read that in Professor Farnsworth's voice?

JediMB:

Sgt. Dante:

While .com charges $39.95 (£24.79), .co.uk charges £28.11 and offers free shipping to many European countries.

You mean this place here http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_0_12?url=search-alias%3Dvideogames&field-keywords=dead+space+2&x=0&y=0&sprefix=dead+space+2
where it's £35.99 for the game or £38.79 for the ps3 limited edition?

Unless you're looking at a different amazon.co.uk than me.

Not on sale on Steam.

I don't buy games using physical distribution anymore.

cynicalsaint1:

Good news, everyone!

I sure as hell heard it when I wrote it.

Assassin Xaero:
I played the first until the regenerator, then had to reformat my computer and just started playing through it again, and never really thought it was amazing, but still good... would this one be worth getting (for PC)?

Dead Space 2 to Dead Space is what Uncharted 2 was to Uncharted. In short; it improves the formula of the gameplay greatly, (seriously, talk about extremely diverse action and horror moments) while falling back on a genuinely intriguing and interesting story. For this price, you don't want to miss this game!

Sgt. Dante:

JediMB:

Sgt. Dante:

You mean this place here http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_0_12?url=search-alias%3Dvideogames&field-keywords=dead+space+2&x=0&y=0&sprefix=dead+space+2

Sorry. Same Amazon.co.uk, but I only paid any attention to the PC version.

cynicalsaint1:

Good news, everyone!

I read it in James May's voice, like he does many times on Top Gear news to tell everybody about something new on the Dacia Sandera/Sandero (not sure which one it is), sadly he hasn't done that the last couple of episodes :'(

Sgt. Dante:

Hopefully they are just "testing the waters" and success in sales would encourage them to expand the regions for these offers in the future.

And now the pessimist in me....not likely. I can't imagine how many avid gamers interested in Dead Space missed this great oppurtunity all because it was only available for one day and wasn't announced ahead of time for people to take notice.

In fact, I imagine this will have the opposite effect and annoy people who pre-ordered the game or bought it new only to see this great deal come just a week into its release.

JediMB:

Sgt. Dante:

JediMB:

It's alright ;) these things happen, but you can see why us folk over the pond feel jipped sometimes, I mean it's $39.99 or £38.79, and considering the exchange rate that's a crazy difference.

Don't get me wrong, I liked the demons souls special edition, but that's the only game in recent memeory where the UK/Europe region gets the better deal.

(Maybe I should just move)

JaymesFogarty:

Assassin Xaero:

Dead Space 2 to Dead Space is what Uncharted 2 was to Uncharted. In short; it improves the formula of the gameplay greatly, (seriously, talk about extremely diverse action and horror moments) while falling back on a genuinely intriguing and interesting story. For this price, you don't want to miss this game!

Alright... now the hard part... finding time to finish Dead Space, then time to play this and possibly Extraction in between there, too... Damn you college and work.

vansau:

Amazon is currently offering the regular version of the game on PS3, 360, and PC at $39.99 ($39.95 for PC).

Wow...

It's $0.04 less for pc version. That's got to make up for those expensive gaming pc's. Also no pc gamer is gonna pirate THAT bargain.

Unrelated: Why isn't there a escapist review of dead space 2? or did i missed it?

Sgt. Dante:

JediMB:

Sgt. Dante:

It's alright ;) these things happen, but you can see why us folk over the pond feel jipped sometimes, I mean it's $39.99 or £38.79, and considering the exchange rate that's a crazy difference.

I'm pretty sure I'm on the same side of the pond as you are. :P

I just wish I had a job, so I could better take advantage of the devalued USD and Euro. It's like when I imported DVD:s from Canada back in college, and the dollar was all low because of the war(s).

Anyway... aren't PS3 games region free? You could probably save a few pennies importing from the US, unless you absolutely need the European version... or have to pay import taxes.

MasterSplinter:
It's $0.04 less for pc version. That's got to make up for those expensive gaming pc's.

We tend to make up for the hardware price difference with regularly priced games and Steam deals. :P

I now own Dead Space 2...I am happy in 2 days :).

JediMB:

Sgt. Dante:
[quote="JediMB" post="7.263256.9956467"][quote="Sgt. Dante" post="7.263256.9956290"][quote="JediMB" post="7.263256.9956133"][quote="Sgt. Dante" post="7.263256.9955617"]/snip

I'm pretty sure I'm on the same side of the pond as you are. :P

I just wish I had a job, so I could better take advantage of the devalued USD and Euro. It's like when I imported DVD:s from Canada back in college, and the dollar was all low because of the war(s).

Anyway... aren't PS3 games region free? You could probably save a few pennies importing from the US, unless you absolutely need the European version... or have to pay import taxes.

You know what I mean, If you aren't from the good ol US of A then you know you have to pay a tax and silly amount of delivery to have something imported. Whilst I have had some games imported if this ends up saving a good amount of money all, or being a game that you just can't really get here.

All i'm really saying is that whena huge company multi-national company (especially an online one) shows either a baltant diregard or favoritism (depending how you look at it) to certain markets and leave others cold it just feels awfully unfair. For instance the black friday deals in America were vastly superior to the ones in the UK, and we had all of Europe trying to get in on our deals too.

JediMB:

MasterSplinter:
It's $0.04 less for pc version. That's got to make up for those expensive gaming pc's.

We tend to make up for the hardware price difference with regularly priced games and Steam deals. :P

Yeah i know my old crappy pc and steam are all i've got. Just joking. But i'm still intrigued as to why the meaningless price difference.

Meh, still not that excited over DS2. Just going to wait for the inevitable end-of-the-year sale on Steam and grab it then.

Why is it that whenever I buy a game, that shit goes to a low price almost instantly?

I bought it for full price, beat it and hated the multiplayer.

Hell, it was an amazing game but not worth 60 bucks.

Thanks, Escapist! This most definitely will be a happy twenty third B-Day for me! I ordered the 360 Dead Space 2 Collector's Edition. All that's left to do is play the waiting game.

This deal is another reason why I love the Escapist. Keep it up, guys! This is why you're number one in all the interwebz!

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here