Angsty Legend of Zelda Movie Trailer Surfaces

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Angsty Legend of Zelda Movie Trailer Surfaces

If Legend of Zelda were filled with teen angst, this is what you'd get.

This trailer isn't actually from a Legend of Zelda movie released in the 1980s, but it's what a one would be like were one to exist. If Legend of Zelda was a teen drama, that is.

From the creators of Inglourious Plummers and the God of War: Indie Movie comes The Legend of Zelda (1987). In the movie, Link is that not too cool, not too nerdy kid that aspires to go out with Princess Zelda, the queen of school. Ganon is the school principal, who of course has a grudge with Link, while Midna is that oddball girl you always wonder about. It's interesting how well Zelda's characters fit these archetypes.

If the trailer seems familiar, you must have watched The Breakfast Club recently. It takes scenes from classic '80s movies and alters them with a Zelda theme. You can watch a comparison below.

Perfect use of Tears for Fears.

This could be a potentially huge candidate for a 'Farting The Moonlight Sonata' award.

that was terrible in a 80s kind of way. Does that then make it....cool?

I want the hat. :D

Is it just me, or did they throw a LOT of Ferris Beuller in the comparison one.
EDIT: Ah, I see, it was a mash-up... I thought they had just taken the straight Breakfast Club trailer.
Just saw the GoW one. Hilarious.

I'm going to say the same three things I said when you guys put up that God Of War video.

1. That Zane Baur is really, really hot. Had to be said.
2. Those guys do good work. Very clever.
3. Athena is actually Kratos' step-sister, so they kind of fucked that up. She(the girl in the video) probably should have been his wife or something, not Athena.

Am I the only one that would really like to see that made? It looks awesome in an epic terrible 80's film way.

I would love to watch this. It's so.....80's!

So John Hughes made a Legend of Zelda movie? Who would have guessed?

I'd watch that movie in a heartbeat. Looks like a lot of fun.

Wow, nostalgia's kinda like an ice-cream headache. You know it's gonna be painful but you just can't stop yourself indulging anyway.

I've got to go watch the Breakfast Club again...

It's pretty good that they were able to recapture the 80's feeling especially the VHS quality.

Hey, you got your John Hughes in my Zelda!

AND I LOVE IT!

They should go and make it, If they put effort in it could be really freaking good.

Am I the only one wants a movie of Link: The Faces of Evil, complete with the same voice acting quality?
Still, interesting.
(Oh, and I know I am never the only one. You want to see that just for lols, and you know it.)

I vote for Principal Ganondorf as the antagonist of Skyward Sword.

Don't know if want

This is the best thing I've seen on youtube since the God of War Indie Movie Trailer.

And there I was thinking nothing could improve on The Breakfast Club. I especially liked the relevance of 'You mess with the bull, you get the horns'. Now I see that John Hughes was clearly referencing Ganon there...

SomethingAmazing:
So John Hughes made a Legend of Zelda movie? Who would have guessed?

Same here. Great video.

It looks really cool, but how did they get the video quality to be like that?

Excellently done, looks like they had alot of fun. Made it really enjoyable to watch.

No, just...No. I couldn't even watch through the whole thing, it was that painful. And the major thing that got to me...LINK DOESN'T FUCKING SPEAK!!!

The only Legend of Zelda movie I want to see made is this one.

Pity it's an April fool's joke :(

This whole thing is a joke right?

RIGHT?

You had to laugh hard at Tingle XD

Perect use for The Cure

Rusman:
Am I the only one that would really like to see that made? It looks awesome in an epic terrible 80's film way.

No. No you're not, oh terrifying Weeping Angel. You know, you should really put a warning label on your avatar.

What was that noisd\g[ ndfiongh[o'i jjghu{_DE

Its DANGEROUS to go alone.

Here, take this!

At :53 when he says "well excuse me princess" I could not stop laughing.

The comparison video was hilarious :D

So good.

So very good.

I'd watch a season of this.

As someone who was exposed to a lot of John Hughes movies as a child (My mom is a big fan) I can say with no shame that I would totally go see this.

Ice Car:

RIGHT?

You remember that thing at the end where the guy is like "It's not real. We're not making it"?

Yeah. Don't worry.

Brainst0rm:

Ice Car:

RIGHT?

You remember that thing at the end where the guy is like "It's not real. We're not making it"?

Yeah. Don't worry.

Oh. I didn't watch the video because the idea sounded retarded.

It's just like how someone made a "High School/Teen Drama" version of the play Othello and I had to watch it. I don't think I need to say that is was absolutely horrible.

Ice Car:

Brainst0rm:

Ice Car:

RIGHT?

Yeah. Don't worry.

Oh. I didn't watch the video because the idea sounded retarded.

It's just like how someone made a "High School/Teen Drama" version of the play Othello and I had to watch it. I don't think I need to say that is was absolutely horrible.

Ah! Sorry for being snarky.

And an angsty version of Othello sounds magnificent.

Is it just me, or does any one else wana see that tuned into a movie or is it the 80's kid in me wanting to break out again xD

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here