The Kevin Butler Sandwich Breaks Hearts and Arteries

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Soooooo bloody delicious looking. I most definitely have to make this some day...maybe build a small house-party around the idea of feasting upon a bunch'o these beaut's. *Drools*

Fuck I'm so hungry. I need the ingredients for that thing so I can get this for breakfast first thing tomorrow.

Who would eat this?

Okay, Elvis Presly would, yeah, but really.

Scrythe:
When aliens uncover fragments of our lost civilization and see this sandwich, perfectly preserved in it's fatty goodness, they will wonder just what in the hell was was wrong with our species.

Despite how it looks, my stomach just threatened to cut itself out of me and find a more suitable host if I do not try this by the end of the year.

EDIT:

-Zen-:
I knew I loved Kevin Butler for a reason. That sandwich sounds divine, as does the Diet Coke. No, I don't drink it because of the health benefits, but because sodas that use sugar just don't taste right to me.

Where in the US did you find sodas still made with sugar?

DOUBLE JEOPARTY EDIT:

Turns out the guys who tried this sandwich already beat me at my own joke:

Eva:
In the future, there will be two competing theories about what caused human extinction. Some will say it was an asteroid, others will say it was this sandwich.

Indeed, all i need to do now is find a place willing to cook this thing for me.

By the way... Nice avatar, I like mine better though :P

OK I love ridiculous cheeseburgers, but...no. That looks disgusting.

Just looking at the picture makes my chest tighten. I dare someone to eat that whole thing and live.

Matt_LRR:
Hang on a sec, since when is a monte cristo made by dipping a sandwich in french toast batter and deep frying it?

additionally: since when is french toast made with batter?

-m

I asked the same question, but apparently the Monte Cristo is different according what region you are from. The discussion definitely showed the disparate background of The Escapist office.

In the Northeast, it was more of an open-faced sandwich with French Toast as the base, but Susan Arendt and Russ Pitts laughed that off as ridiculous.

What's it like in Victoria?

I'm pretty sure if I look at this long enough it'll kill me. Eating it was just kill me and everyone in the room... and it would be worth it!

If you had to die on V-day that's not a bad way to go. :D

I think I'm getting a heart attack just looking at that thing.

Greg Tito:

Matt_LRR:
Hang on a sec, since when is a monte cristo made by dipping a sandwich in french toast batter and deep frying it?

-m

I asked the same question, but apparently the Monte Cristo is different according what region you are from. The discussion definitely showed the disparate background of The Escapist office.

In the Northeast, it was more of an open-faced sandwich with French Toast as the base, but Susan Arendt and Russ Pitts laughed that off as ridiculous.

Ham, turkey, swiss cheese, fried onions, sandwiched between two thick-cut slices of french toast. (served hot)

James, however, claims he has had one deep fried.

I disbelieve.

-m

This is a light snack vs. EpicMealTime

but I'd try one.... with like 3 friends to split it with

SteelStallion:
Insignificant news considering the existence of "EpicMealTime" on youtube.

Like honestly, none of this stuff even comes close to the shit they cook there.

It's not really about the sandwich. It's about getting treated to jokes like:

"Seriously, this sandwich is like a myth people have about America. "In America, the streets are lined with gold and the sandwiches are made with sandwiches!"

I've seen epic meal time and while it's alright, mostly their jokes are pretty bad.

Bloody hell, the things some people will eat these days.

Now at the 2011 Texas State Fair someone will batter and deep fry the entire thing wrapped in a deep dish pizza.

And on December 31st 2011 someone will ship two of those Deep Fried Butler Sandwiches to Vermont and deliver them to a Ben and Jerry's Scoop Shop.

From there, the two Deep Fried Butler Sandwiches will be used as Ice Cream Sandwich "buns" to hold an entire Vermonster.

Hello 2012. Hello apocalypse.

This thing would be the Dad of that Hamburger with the two grilled cheese sandwiches for buns.

sheic99:
And now I can say that I have Kevin Butler in my heart.

There's something very Steve Irwin about this sentiment.

The Great JT:
Who would eat this?

Okay, Elvis Presly would, yeah, but really.

These guys

Speaking of meaty hamburgers, has anyone tried the Ultimate Double whopper at Hungry Jacks/Burger King? They taste amazing.

Greg Tito:
Despite not really being able to eat it like a real sandwich - it's just too thick -

HAH! I laugh at your puny and undeveloped jawbone!
I ate a whole JB Big Boy when I was 5 like a real sandwich. My father almost sent me to the doctor in a panic.
It was yummy.

I will call this new masterpiece of Butler's the KB's Big Man Sandvich and I will eat it. Like a sandvich. Gnomgnomgnomf.

Anyone else getting that bizarre mix of hunger and disgust?

Dammit, Kevin Butler, don't you understand that you're putting peoples' health at risk? Why would you make such a dangerous, foolish recommendation? Don't you know that Diet Coke is absolutely horrible for people?!

...oh, that sound? That's just my vascular system weeping in terror at the very sight of that sandwich, pay it no mind.

Matt_LRR:

Greg Tito:

Matt_LRR:

-m

Ham, turkey, swiss cheese, fried onions, sandwiched between two thick-cut slices of french toast. (served hot)

James, however, claims he has had one deep fried.

I disbelieve.

-m

That man's arteries[M]* are so hard they are bulletproof. I dare ya to try and see in an LRR.

*:These arteries are rated M for Manly**. Viewers beware.
**:I make no apologies. I expect any and all responses after at least 6 hours.

ENKC:
There is a guy here in Perth, Western Australia with a range of burgers going all the way up to $3,000. I'm a regular customer.

Ok, where? Seriously, I'm living in student housing right next to Curtin University Bentley campus. How far is it, and how easy is it to get there with public transport?
Oh yeah, the topic...
Yum. No really, I'd totally eat that. Probably nothing else for the day... And there's even a doctors clinic thing on campus I can contact.

brunothepig:

ENKC:
There is a guy here in Perth, Western Australia with a range of burgers going all the way up to $3,000. I'm a regular customer.

Ok, where? Seriously, I'm living in student housing right next to Curtin University Bentley campus. How far is it, and how easy is it to get there with public transport?
Oh yeah, the topic...
Yum. No really, I'd totally eat that. Probably nothing else for the day... And there's even a doctors clinic thing on campus I can contact.

Place called Novembars on Bayley St in Dianella. Run by a delightful Vietnamese chap call Minh Van (I try not to call him "Minivan" to his face). He also does the smallest burgers in Perth and all manner of other novelties. As a matter of fact, I'm knocking off work and going there now.

p.s. If you're not familiar with Alfred's Kitchen (right next to Guildford train station), you don't really know Perth. Definitely go there and get your burger on one night.

If only Sony executives really ate such sandwiches; I would love to read the headline, "Another Sony Jerk dies; the third one this week...and it is monday!".

I'm not sure what'd get you first, the heart attack or the stroke. Death in a bun - without the bun.

I must have it.

I was really hungry before looking at this... now I probably wont eat for days :S
That looks horrid

That looks disgusting.

And I'm hungry at the moment.

Looks fucking horrible.
For me, nothing beats fresh baked white bread, mayonnaise, smoked chicken, bacon and avocado....

That.
Was.
Delicious.

Woodsey:
It may be wrong to say so, but that thing is making me kinda horny.

I hope not. I felt a stirring the moment I got to "French Toast Batter."

I wonder who they crucified at Sony's Marketing in the past few years. This Butler guy is hilarious and inspiring knockoffs (anyone seen an eshurance ad lately?) but I remember a time not too long ago when they had really insulting PR campaigns like "all I want for xmas is a psp."

Woodsey:
It may be wrong to say so, but that thing is making me kinda horny.

A man after my own sandwich heart

Damn, it's actually making me feel sick just looking at the picture.

Wait, are you telling me that Kevin Butler isn't actually the VP of Sony?

i've looked entirely through my september 2010 issue of gameinformer and i cant find this at all! that's the arkham city one right? oh well.

Now that's a real heartbreaker.

Also....so hungry now....

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Posting on this forum is disabled.