Pokémon Card Game Goes Full Circle and Becomes a Videogame Again

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

arc1991:

Novania:
Seriously guys? Is this really necessary? Why not focus on a pokemon MMO or something?

Do you know how hard that would be to programme? with all the regions, Pokemon, items, characters, and the eventually trainers? as an RPG i can understand, but and MMO is pushing it.

Why would that be pushing it? I do vaugely remember there being a fan made one that was pretty much all of Kanto and was shut down after a couple of years of development. Surely if one guy can do one that actually looked really damn good, Nintendo themselves could do one.

Used to like Yu-Gi-Oh... never got intop this crap though...

Marik2:

Teebs2:
Damn it I want another Pokemon Card game like the one on game boy, sad day.

They never made a sequel to that game, did they?

They did, but it was ether really rare in English or it didn't receive an English release, and if I remember right it wasn't that big of a difference from the original other then you could play a girl.

Teebs2:

Marik2:

Teebs2:

They never made a sequel to that game, did they?

They did, but it was ether really rare in English or it didn't receive an English release, and if I remember right it wasn't that big of a difference from the original other then you could play a girl.

Found info

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_Trading_Card_Game_%28video_game%29#Sequel

Seriously they need to make a new one

Logan Westbrook:
Pokémon Trading Card Game for the Game Boy Color has that distinction

This is immediately what I thought of when i read it.

but meh. Sorry, I couldnt get into the card game. The energy costs killed me. htats probably why I was (read am) a yugioh guy

Teebs2:

Wholeheartedly agree. I'd more than welcome another TCG DS game or something. The old game was so much fun with great music and more than adequate gameplay. At least this is both free and out on my B-Day! So that's better than nothing. :D

silver wolf009:

arc1991:

Novania:
Seriously guys? Is this really necessary? Why not focus on a pokemon MMO or something?

Do you know how hard that would be to programme? with all the regions, Pokemon, items, characters, and the eventually trainers? as an RPG i can understand, but and MMO is pushing it.

Why would that be pushing it? I do vaugely remember there being a fan made one that was pretty much all of Kanto and was shut down after a couple of years of development. Surely if one guy can do one that actually looked really damn good, Nintendo themselves could do one.

Agreed. It wouldn't be pushing at all. Nintendo's just too fucking lazy to get around to it or they're afraid it might actually be a good idea. If something as big as WoW can be made, an MMO of Pokemon could work just as well.

Eri:
No custom decks=Insta fail. Sorry.

that and no online play also makes it weak :(

Novania:

the original point of pokemon was that it was supposed to be the closest thing you could get to an mmo on a gameboy. (using the link-cable)

Oh man back in the day I MASTERED the Game Boy version of the trading card game, I can honestly say that I am excited for this.

I think its funny how many people on here liked or at least played the Game Boy card game. So did I, it was pretty fun. I didn't play the real cards much, I do remember I had a few though, I still have some of them actually. they weren't very rare though so I doublt they were worth much.

That's cool. I guess. Can we have Pokemon Snap 2 now please?

wow this is sad. i have no problems with the actual games in fact i am trying to beat Pokemon yellow currently. start with pikachu is a pain in the ass. (i don't care if pikachu is spelled wrong)
any way the card game just sucks

arc1991:

Novania:

You're thinking too far ahead, they would only do the first region with only 151 Pokemon and the trainer and item mechanics would be different than their handheld equivalents.
Seriously, if Gamefreak and Nintendo don't release a third-person Pokemon MMO by the time I'm 25, I'm gonna make one myself.

Pretty much sums it up.

Logan Westbrook:
SNIP

I'm glad you mentioned the game for Game Boy Color, I loved that game when I was like 7.

It taught me two things:

1.) The pokemon trading card game is actually a fun and interesting game to play
2.) Nobody gives a fuck, they just want the "shiny" cards.

arc1991:

Novania:

Seriously? There are tons of MMO's harder to to than Pokemon.

Pokemon is actually REALLY easy to program. There is no 3D (they are pretending it is now, but it's still basic grid movement and more or less 2D) there is NO physics engine (beyond the "you can't walk through shit" code) and it's turn based combat.

Nothing about Pokemon is remotely difficult to program, only time consuming, and that's true for every single MMO out there.

Mr.Mattress:
I remember owning a Pokemon Card Game Video Game on the PC. It had 1 opponent who had only water types and my deck only had fighting and ground based types. Sometime's I'd win, sometime's I'd loose. It was decent, but I wished I had more then just Machomps and Diglets.

I will certainly give this game a try however.

I got that one two!...and it had a quiz and a free shiny Machamp in RL!

arc1991:
I remember one for the PC ages ago, it was so fun! but the music and the women narrator was piss annoying.

Can't wait for this =D

im glad im not the only one who remembers this. she was very annoying, and she repeated the tutorial every time you lost. pissed me off more than losing. also, i totally just signed up. Just wish it wasn't geared for little kids; i really felt my age when i couldn't write my own quote and everything was pasted with "parent/guardian". its really time for me to grow up...

in protest im gonna whip out my old GBC pokemon card game

No No No No NO! you can't have all 151 pokemon in there! imagine Palet Town flocked by Indigo champion trainers dueling lowbies who just caught their first pidgey with a complete set of legendary birds. Just don't even use Palet, it would be the Goldshire of Kanto

Tonimata:
That Pokemon card game on the Game Boy was a massive twat to me. Seriously, it would beat the silly out of my face for no apparent reason.

Put 4 Bills in your deck, no matter what. There is absolutely no reason to not get 8 free cards, you're not going to get milled unless you completely forgot to pack energies.

arc1991:
I remember one for the PC ages ago, it was so fun! but the music and the women narrator was piss annoying.

Can't wait for this =D

lol i got that game for winning a pokemon card tournement...happyest day of my life

mjc0961:
A Pokémon MMO would quite possibly be the worst thing to happen to gaming since Sony decided that inFamous should have a sequel.

I'm confused... why is an inFamous sequel a bad thing?

Eri:

That was my exact first thought when I read this. Maybe you earn booster packs as rewards for beating the computer opponents. I think thats how it worked in the old Gameboy game if I remember correctly.

They could do something where you get in-game cash to buy your own cards and decks and then build your own decks from what you have. And multiplayer would be very interesting, too. The problem, I think, is that it would make people stop playing the IRL card game.

Novania:

If you think about it, the point of Pokémon is being an MMIRL. If you imagine a world full of people who travel with their DSs full with little creatures in their pockets, and battle, trade and learn with that DS, Pokémon essentially makes the world become an MMO.

So joining now! This will be great

This looks kinda cool o.O 3D Battle similations would be cool.
I may go out of my way to give it a try..
Also really sick of the bitching about the Catch 'em All Slogan being changed -.-
And that there is more than 150 pokemon and the fact that there is no official pokemon MMO, getting seriously fucking annoying =/

arc1991:

Novania:

Hard to programme? yes, but what MMO isnt? Its not like WoW is short of quest givers, items, characters, stories or regions. The real problem here is Nintendo's stance on online gaming... they dont like randoms really playing together or befriending each other.

RabbidKuriboh:

Novania:

sweet jesus christ this needs to happen!

Already made a thread on it.

Eri:

Agreed.

That's the entire fun of these things, building a deck and beating others with it.

pendragon177:

arc1991:

Novania:

You're thinking too far ahead, they would only do the first region with only 151 Pokemon and the trainer and item mechanics would be different than their handheld equivalents.
Seriously, if Gamefreak and Nintendo don't release a third-person Pokemon MMO by the time I'm 25, I'm gonna make one myself.

Why would they only use the first 151? That makes no sense, as many people actually like the new Pokemon.

Like it or not, there are more regions other than Kanto.

Asehujiko:

Tonimata:
That Pokemon card game on the Game Boy was a massive twat to me. Seriously, it would beat the silly out of my face for no apparent reason.

Put 4 Bills in your deck, no matter what. There is absolutely no reason to not get 8 free cards, you're not going to get milled unless you completely forgot to pack energies.

I had 4 Bills and 2 Oaks, but I would still get owned most of the time, I simply wasn't good at card games, though since then I've been playing Magic the Gathering, so I suppose, even if a bit, some of my experience with that might help.

Not that I can afford games at the moment but meh

Why, that actually looks pretty darn good

Novania:

I'm sure it's coming, I mean they will won't they? Yeah sure they will, please say they will.

OT: Awesome to the max

And then it will become a show! Set in a "real world" they'll use technology to give the cards real world forms that will appear actiony and the game will have the cultural importance of 10 Super Bowls and actually be a modern form of a great duel of gods and demons set in ancient Greece or something.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Posting on this forum is disabled.