Beavis and Butthead to Take on YouTube, Jersey Shore

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Beavis and Butthead to Take on YouTube, Jersey Shore

MTV has revealed what Beavis and Butthead will make fun of in an era where music television has completely changed.

Now that Beavis and Butthead, two of the music television generation's most credible critics, are returning to TV, there was a question as to what they'd watch other than the once plentiful music videos. According to MTV president Van Toffler, the content of a new Beavis and Butthead show is a no-brainer, because there's still plenty to make fun of on TV today.

In an interview with Rolling Stone, Toffler revealed that the new show will still lampoon the content on MTV, but now the duo will make fun of shows like Jersey Shore. In addition, Beavis and Butthead will watch UFC matches, YouTube videos, and similar content alongside their old mainstay music videos.

As for their personalities, Beavis and Butthead will still be the same morons they always were. "They'll have the same intelligence," Toffler reveals. "They're the same boneheads sitting on the same couch, commenting on things through a really simple prism."

Everything, even YouTube videos, will still be displayed on the duo's television, presumably allowing the show to get past the fact that Beavis and Butthead wouldn't really be able to use a computer. There will be more "self-contained" segments too, Toffler revealed, so Beavis and Butthead's interactions with modern technology are an obvious focus for some of these.

MTV plans to launch Beavis and Butthead with the help of social networks like Facebook and Twitter, and Toggler even mentioned a potential appearance in movie theaters. I've got to be honest, I think the show has a lot of potential in the modern age. It's been over 13 years since Beavis and Butthead last showed their giant heads, and original creator Mike Judge is back at the show's helm with 13 years of culture to make fun of. There's currently no word on when the first episode will hit the airwaves, but it's coming. Be afraid.

Source: Rolling Stone, via Collider

Can't' believe it's been 13 years.

Really looking forward to how this turns out. Welcome back boneheads.

It should be even better than the predecessor, which will make it sweet. Especially w/ MMA content added in the mix.

I use to watch these guys when staying up late at night, i believe with all stuff on tv nowadays it would make sense that they are making a comback.

I don't know, I get the feeling this won't be as successful. These characters are as much a product of the 90's as they helped shape the decade themselves. Assuming the picture is from the new show, it looks like they really haven't done much to change them (they're still wearing AC/DC and Metallica shirts, for crying out loud!)

Moreover, many fans have moved on in their life. I'm not saying they won't watch it, but many of them have established a career, gotten married, started a family, etc. I just don't know if these two boneheads are going to strike the same receptive cord with a more mature audience (and I doubt today's teens/college students are going to hop onto the bandwagon quite as eagerly).

Finally, someone to stick it to Jersey Shore! Those guys have been unaccosted for too long!

(Does the sarcasm show, or do I need tags?)

They better up their level of offensiveness for this new generation. Sure some people got offended by them in the 90s but the things they said and did are pretty tame by todays standards.

are they still 15-ish or are they going to be almost 30?

I remember lol'ing so hard as a kid. I wonder if age difference will make a difference.

Finally, some good TV content.

I'm Cornholio I need toilet paper for my bunghole.

I have a funny feeling it's going to be too tame either because it'll be stuck in the 90's controversy wise and MTV's audience has shifted from that timeframe

I hope this turns out good.

Heh-heh, COOL!

Is Mike Judge doing it? It wont be the same if he isn't directing it, nor will I watch it...

Wait, did I just suggest that I might be interested in watching something on MTV? Where did I but that pistol...

A revival of a very '90's series after 13 years? That's a terrible idea. Are they just trying to grab at '90's nostalgia now those kids are all grown up?

Elementlmage:
Is Mike Judge doing it? It wont be the same if he isn't directing it, nor will I watch it...

Wait, did I just suggest that I might be interested in watching something on MTV? Where did I but that pistol...

Yes, Mike Judge will be back in charge when the show comes back.

It's been so long...ohh man. xD

I cannot wait.

EHHEHE...EEHEHEH...CORNHOLIO!

Sweet. My dad will love this news.

Used to watch Beavis and Butthead with him when I was a kid. Good times...

It's good to see those two idiot's are coming back for round 2 and they've been training to take on a whole new world.

Kross:
Heh-heh, COOL!

Yeh Yeh YEH! Change it!

Update the shirts, change the lingo a little and I think this might work. I'm only eighteen and I love all the old Beavis and Butthead episodes. Being more knowledgeable about the material this time would be great.

Sounds like I'll be better off watching The Soup, since it already does this job superbly. I can't imagine MTV doing it better. Will give it a chance tho :)

See, I was more a Daria fan then a Beavis and Butthead one. Now if they brought back Daria to comment on modern-day high school, that would be excellent.

Neverhoodian:

Moreover, many fans have moved on in their life. I'm not saying they won't watch it, but many of them have established a career, gotten married, started a family, etc. I just don't know if these two boneheads are going to strike the same receptive cord with a more mature audience (and I doubt today's teens/college students are going to hop onto the bandwagon quite as eagerly).

I have to strongly disagree with you on both parts of this. If this site has taught me anything it is that nostalgia rules over every other facet of thought. People who watched it before will watch it again if only because they used to watch it when they were kids.

On the second point, teenagers today will love this show. Most teenagers watch at-least one animated comedy (south park, family guy, futurama, exc) I can see no reason why they wouldn't watch this.

Regarding the whole nostalgia thing, I never even watched Beavis and Butthead as a kid. I picked up the DVD sets 2 or 3 years ago and loved every second of them.

This show seriously can't come back soon enough.

Blind Sight:
See, I was more a Daria fan then a Beavis and Butthead one. Now if they brought back Daria to comment on modern-day high school, that would be excellent.

No.

Please, no.

As a fellow Daria fan, I think it would be a horrible idea to try to resurrect the series.

As for B&B: couldn't care lees honestly, never liked them. I'm just thankful they put Daria in it so later on she'd get her own show.

Rauten:

Blind Sight:

No.

Please, no.

As a fellow Daria fan, I think it would be a horrible idea to try to resurrect the series.

As for B&B: couldn't care lees honestly, never liked them. I'm just thankful they put Daria in it so later on she'd get her own show.

They could go the obvious route and mock the shit out of university and college life. There's a lot of material there, since university has basically become High School 2.0.

se7ensenses:
It should be even better than the predecessor, which will make it sweet. Especially w/ MMA content added in the mix.

Oh god, the two already beat the crap out of each other...
I can't wait to see them trying to get into MMA!

errr huhuhuhuh errrr huhuhuhuhuhu

sweet

huhuhuhuhuhuhuh

This sounds like it has potential. I re-watched all the episodes just a couple years ago and still really enjoyed many of them. IMO, it's one of those shows where each episode is hit or miss. The good ones can be really great, but the bad ones can be pretty lame.

I think it'd be awesome if Beavis' fascination with fire would return.

Oh god, I just had a vision where Beavis and Butthead watch Mythbusters. Now THAT would kick start Beavis' fire obsession. That, and they'd totally obsess over banging Kari.

Christ, Duke Nukem's returning, B&B are returning...this is too damn good.

And for those of who would like a visual aid for that MMO thing...

(Captcha - uttese thc)

*eyes joint*

Speaking of THC...

Yeah, kids these days like South Park, they like Family Guy...

Let's be honest, none of these shows are as good as Beavis and Butthead, or Archer, or Aqua Teen Hunger Force.

Neverhoodian:
I don't know, I get the feeling this won't be as successful. These characters are as much a product of the 90's as they helped shape the decade themselves. Assuming the picture is from the new show, it looks like they really haven't done much to change them (they're still wearing AC/DC and Metallica shirts, for crying out loud!)

So? Metallica and AC/DC haven't changed either, if you didn't notice. Well, maybe Metallica made the crappiest album in their entire career. It will be fun to see them comment on that lame single they made. It will be fun to see them comment on like, TOKYO HOTEL anyone? Or what do you think they'll say about Justin Bieber?

I've gotten married and divorced since then, bought a house, switched jobs 3 times, but I can't wait to see them back.

Agiel7:
Yeah, kids these days like South Park, they like Family Guy...

Let's be honest, none of these shows are as good as Beavis and Butthead, or Archer, or Aqua Teen Hunger Force.

All those shows are different how are you comparing them with one another?

Wait... Can it be...
The 90's are making a comeback! The greatest decade ever shall return!

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Posting on this forum is disabled.