Bulletstorm Demo Coming to PC, Eventually

Pages 1 2 NEXT

It's good news and bad news for PC shooter fans, who will be getting a Bulletstorm demo of their very own but not until after the game ships.

Eyebrows were raised when Epic Games announced that a demo for Bulletstorm, the over-the-top arse-blasting shooter from People Can Fly, would be released on the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, but not the PC. This is the same game, after all, that Epic Vice President Mark Rein said in July 2010 "will be a full-blown, oh-my-god amazing PC game." Maybe he figured that and a Painkiller replay was enough to keep the mouse-and-keyboard crowd happy?

Whatever his mindset, the situation has changed and Rein revealed on Twitter over the weekend that a PC demo is on the way, eventually. "Bulletstorm PC demo is in the works!" he wrote. "Won't make it in time for ship date but should be available shortly after."

It's a little annoying, maybe, that console gamers have been playing the Bulletstorm demo for nearly a month while the PC crowd doesn't even know when it's going to get a shot at it. Speaking for myself, I'm happy to know that a demo is on the way; I just hope Mr. Rein and company don't mind if I wait to give it a spin before deciding whether or not to give them my money.

Bulletstorm comes out on February 22 - yes, that's tomorrow - for the PC, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.

in other news "bulletstorm already leaked , pirates enjoying their new BS full demo"

phoenix352:
in other news "bulletstorm already leaked , pirates enjoying their new BS full demo"

Well, that's karma.

I'm happy to know that a demo is on the way; I just hope Mr. Rein and company don't mind if I wait to give it a spin before deciding whether or not to give them my money.

my sentiments exactly

"Hey guyz, you can wait for a demo which we delayed for no good reason, or you can head over to your friendly torrent sites and grab the entire game before the demo!"
Well, I can guess what is going to happen here...
Unlike Crytek who are going to release a demo prior to release, I can imagine many people who will give the finger to People Can Fly for delaying the PC demo for no reason and just torrent the game instead.

phoenix352:
in other news "bulletstorm already leaked , <console> pirates enjoying their new BS full demo"

Fix'd that for you, since the PC version can't be played until the activation servers are up and running.

P.S.: Misleading title is misleading.

Hubilub:

phoenix352:

Well, that's karma.

karma and the power of the internets.

Andy Chalk:
Bulletstorm Coming to PC, Eventually
Bulletstorm comes out on February 22 - yes, that's tomorrow - for the [b]PC[b], Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.

Wait what?

I didn't think the demo for consoles made the game anymore attractive honestly. I'd rather they keep doing more humorous ads

So a wider demographic can be trained to become rapists eventually.
Nice.

bulletstorm was leaked for the xbox like last week, pc "demo" aka full disk image showed up like last night.

i guess the more important question is is the game any darn good, any ported pc game as long as it is ported decent should be killed by any pc built in the last 3 4 years, and look better on pc with AA and AF and etc running.

but if the game sucks none of that matters. waiting for reviews here.

Well, that's not a great tactic to increase day 1 sales. :|

Title is EXTREMELY misleading, as it absolutely implies that the FULL GAME is not yet coming out, when it is actually coming out for PC tomorrow. If I were the author I would change the title to say "Bulletstorm demo" as a few people have clearly already gotten confused by this.

Andy Chalk:
*snip*

Oh and, the title is pretty misleading.
I died a little when I saw the title until I realised you meant the DEMO. :P
Could you change the title to 'Bulletstorm Demo Coming to PC Eventually'?
Hehe, just so no one else panics.

Andy Chalk:
It's good news and bad news for PC shooter fans, who will be getting a Bulletstorm demo of their very own but not until after the game ships.[/b]

Ok, that wasn't funny, Andy. I've had a horrible past week and weekend then saw the title and thought that Bulletstorm wasn't going to be out tomorrow for PC... I probably would have cried and until I read that ^ .

tghm1801:
Hehe, just so no one else panics.

*cough*

>_>

And what will happen is that Rein will complain the PC's initial sales weren't high enough - of course, he'll ignore digital distribution entirely, and his company's own incompetence (GfWL + late demo).

After playing the demo already it didn't seem that fun to me. For one thing it was too easy, a good amount of enemies are melee, however when your melee attacks kick enemies into the air and puts them in a stasis what is the point, furthermore with the speed you have and slides you can do to get within melee range of non melee enemies makes it easy and boring.

Too little too late. And of course the poor sales will be blamed on piracy. I'm starting to think EA are just doing this to get out of making games for pc.

"Oh we don't want to publish games because of all the piracy." It is obviously EA's fault as People Can Fly have shown with Painkiller they can make a great PC game.

If demo isn't released before release, for me that is an indication that the game is bad. They want to lure naive people in buying the game before they realize that it is not what they expected.

tghm1801:
Well, that's not a great tactic to increase day 1 sales. :|

It is if the game is shit :)

People buy it and find out = DOLLARS

People download demo and find out = zero dollars

After playing the demo on the Xbox, I have no wish to buy it on either console. I somehow doubt that an extremely late PC demo will magically make the game more fun to play.

...or make people pirate it less.

Oh hey. I have a 360. Look at that.

I guess there is an upside to owning a console.

I don't really care, I played the demo on PS3, and the game sucked anyway.

Whoops, sorry guys, the title was misleading but not intentionally so - it was supposed to say "Bulletstorm Demo," and now does.

But thanks to everyone who, instead of politely pointing out the mistake, just assumed that I was intentionally jerking you around.

meh, I played the 360 demo and wasnt blown away by it, maybe I would have enjoyed it more with better controls but for now I care not, maybe once it goes down in price Ill pick it up but the next fps game Im looking forward to is duke

I've pre-ordered and 25th release date for the UK. Damn these PC demos getting no love. Though can't say much at least same day release dates are back for the most part. Still wanting Fable 3 tough.

Andy Chalk:
Whoops, sorry guys, the title was misleading but not intentionally so - it was supposed to say "Bulletstorm Demo," and now does.

But thanks to everyone who, instead of politely pointing out the mistake, just assumed that I was intentionally jerking you around.

I never thought you did it intentionally, although I suppose I could've been more polite in pointing it out. Thanks for the fix.

Here's the thing about PC games. I don't have a top of the line rig. I put it together about a year ago. Therefore, before i buy any game, i want a demo to see if i get a good framerate. Bulletstorm looks fun. I want to play it. But i want to see how my PC handles it before i commit to a purchase.

If not a full playable demo, then put out a benchmarking tool. Capcom did that with Street Fighter 4 for the PC and it told me that it would play fine on my rig, so i bought it.

Ne1butme:
Here's the thing about PC games. I don't have a top of the line rig. I put it together about a year ago. Therefore, before i buy any game, i want a demo to see if i get a good framerate. Bulletstorm looks fun. I want to play it. But i want to see how my PC handles it before i commit to a purchase.

If not a full playable demo, then put out a benchmarking tool. Capcom did that with Street Fighter 4 for the PC and it told me that it would play fine on my rig, so i bought it.

A PC you bought a year ago would still perform better than either console. People need to remember max settings on a PC are far beyond the settings on console, so there's a huge amount of room to scale down before you start hitting their level.

They really do know how to make the PC gamers upset by doing this crap. I mean PC gamers are the one group that need the demo more then the console gamers considering that we're not just judging on gameplay on the demo but also how well it runs on our set up. Console gamers only have to enjoy the gameplay and thats it. -_-

Yeah the days of benchmark demos have gone the wayside I guess it's cos if these thing have to run on a PS3/360 then most new-ish rigs can trump them. Sure not at max but likely good as/better with the all sorted background chaff most of us have running.

Andy Chalk:

The interwebz is too hardcore to be polite!

Andy Chalk:

Bulletstorm comes out on February 22 - yes, that's tomorrow - for the PC, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.

What the hell's the point in that?!?! The game comes out tomorrow (25th for me, i'm in england) and the demo comes out afterwards?

I'm glad I have a PS3 where things make sense...

Andrew_Mac:

Yeah, how's that Mass Effect thing working out for you?

;)

Andy Chalk:

Andrew_Mac:

;)

i wouldn't know, i've never played it :D

why? is it bad?

Andy Chalk:

Andrew_Mac:

;)

HAH I saw this and immediately thought 'BURN' very nicely done there.

OT: Glad I have a 360 to be perfectly honest, I would be a PC gamer but all the installing and uninstalling, and then having to update every few years. I just dont have that kinda money to sustain that :(. I'm using a machine which I got when I was at college.....4 years ago and I havent changed it.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here