Action Figures Reimagine Star Wars as a Western

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Zachary Amaranth:

wootsman:
let me guess next is star wars noir XD i really this star wars re imagining though

Noir Wars would rock. I just wanted to say that.

darthvader as the godfather XD

That Ewok has been working out! ;)

Popido:
A barbarian? Chewy is more like a canadian lumberjack.

Oh damn you, now I have to post this by law:

Chewbacca in drag...*shiver*

I like it but not THAT much.

These look really, really good and I especially love the one that I think is supposed to be Darth Vader, BUT, seriously? Visually there's very little to tie these to Star Wars at all. If I hadn't been specifically told what they are I would just think it was a bunch of old west based action figures. Certainly a very interesting idea, but I think a lot of fans would just be confused by this :-/

I like Boba Fett's and C-3PO's designs and Han Solo looks good in any setting, but Darth Vader doesn't cut it.

He just doesn't look all that intimidating compared to the original.

It's funny that the only difference for Han is that he's gotten a hat. He and Boba just fit in so well.
Also, C3PO was awesome but I didn't like Kenobi.

That wasn't a hard stretch as it basically was a cowboy movie in space.

All of them are awesome, but I want the Boba Fett one so bad my body aches for it.

Whatever is happening in C3PO's pants is hilarious.

Tom Goldman:
One of the most popular projects for artists these days is to reimagine Star Wars in a different setting. Thankfully, it doesn't really get old.

I was all set to chime in and say "yes it does." But on a closer look, this is actually far, far better than all the "steampunk reimaginings." It's not overly literal, the characters are recognizable as themselves but adapted appropriately, and I can actually picture a Western featuring these characters that I would want to see. The approach they've taken even makes it possible to envisage further characters along similar lines, like Palpatine as the railroad tycoon employing "Vardas." It's... it's really well done.

meh a bit pap really who cares about star wars that much, get over it

I'll admit that these figures are pretty damn awesome, and the mask motiff is a nice touch, but I do have a little question.
Where does the Death Star figure in all of this?

The reimagining of R2-D2 looks like a dwarf out of some fantasy setting but I am probably just nitpicking.

Tales of Golden Sun:
When is the endless star wars re-imagining going to end? I mean, the movies weren't that great.
The action figures are well made, but I just don't see why it has to be star wars EVERY ******* TIME.

It's not an issue of how good they were, it's how influential they were. Things like Darth Vader's appearance, "The Force," and "Turn to the Dark Side" are ingrained in pop culture. Star Wars is probably the most influential thing on modern popular culture since Universal monster movies ingrained the ideas/appearances of Count Dracula and Frankenstein's monster to the point where anyone without any experience with the movies or novels could recognize and name either. Similarly, I imagine most Westerners could name Darth Vader on sight. So if anything is going to be reimagined, Star Wars will be on the front of the line.

I like them, but would have preferred to see Leia in saloon girl costume, with a fat Jabba...

I got a laugh how most of them are pretty western, and then there was the random "Conan the Barbarian" thrown in there. Took me a second to realize it was Chewie, and still think it's kinda out of place.

Ragnarok2kx:
I'll admit that these figures are pretty damn awesome, and the mask motiff is a nice touch, but I do have a little question.
Where does the Death Star figure in all of this?

I guess the Wild West death star must be a big cannon mounted on a train or something.

I was sold on the Steampunk Star Wars, and I would have thought that Star Wars would translate well as a western, but there is something about these designs that just doesn't work. Of course, this is my own personal view. I'd happily collect the Steampunk versions, though.

Nice! Sorta Firefly-esque in a way.

And now. Something completely different:

Re-imagining of Star Wars characters as trees.

Ha, a dude wearing bearskins for Chewbacca - brilliant! Very cool.

aside from maybe the boba fett one these arent really recognizable as star wars characters. they should have been more clever in their designs, esspecially the "chewbaca" native american. kinda weak.

Holy $#[email protected] $#!&!!!!!! That is $#[email protected] AWESOME!!!!

I guess Im the only true blue Star Wars fan who is getting a bit "meh" at these weekly re-designs. At some point, re-imagining honestly becomes re-hashing, and while Im all for artistic merit, its getting to the point where Im feeling less and less interest in seeing how Artist X has re-formatted I.P. Y.

Whiskey Echo!!
Mythgraven

R2 D2 really should be mexican or polish (i dont know why i first thought polish, i think its the sound of the language)
and CP30 has to translate for him

Tales of Golden Sun:
When is the endless star wars re-imagining going to end? I mean, the movies weren't that great.
The action figures are well made, but I just don't see why it has to be star wars EVERY ******* TIME.

This coming from A Golden Sun fanboy.

This stuff is just too cool. Even better than the Steampunk ones, and those were awesome.

Can you buy these action figures anywhere?

Now that I think of it, they're probably freakin expensive if so...

Fucking awesome!

irani_che:
R2 D2 really should be mexican or polish (i dont know why i first thought polish, i think its the sound of the language)
and CP30 has to translate for him

Seconded!

Darth Vader as some corrupt or despotic sheriff/marshall? He should be a General of a ruthless Union army or the leader of some organization like the Ku Klux Klan.

Dear George Lucus,
If you truely intend to continue abusing your fans and unnaturally prolonging the life of the Star Wars franchise, please use these figures (Or maybe the steampunk ones) as the basis for future projects. Yes, it'll probably suck if you have anything to do with it, but at least it'll be better then most of the other shit you've vomitted up over the past decade.

They made R2-d2 the manliest character in the lineup.

this...is pretty awesome
this caught my attention much faster than the steam punk news ever did for me (hmmm firefly?)

It's called Firefly, and River is the only Jedi.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Posting on this forum is disabled.