Fable 3 Dated for PC, Plus DLC

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Fable 3 Dated for PC, Plus DLC

The PC version of Fable 3 finally has a release date and there's some new DLC coming, too.

Major Nelson announced yesterday that Traitor's Keep, a new add-on for the Xbox 360 RPG Fable 3, will be released on March 1. The DLC will add three new levels to the game, Ravenscar Keep, Clockwork Island and the Godwin Estate, introducing players to a mysterious prisoner, brand new quests and other additional content. Traitor's Keep adds 250 Gamerscore points to the game and will sell for 560 Microsoft Points.

And finally, after months of waiting, PC gamers will finally get some Fable of their very own, although there's still some waiting left to do. The PC version of Fable 3 is set to come out on May 17 and along with all the content of the original game will also offer full 3D support through Nvidia's 3D Vision technology and a PC-exclusive "hardcore mode" that will offer a much greater degree of difficulty than that of the console version. No word on whether Traitor's Keep will be available for the PC version of the game, however.

Fable 3 came out on the Xbox 360 in October 2010 to generally solid, but not overwhelming, reviews and currently owns a Metacritic score of 80.

Finally! Will people who preordered it months ago get it on release date?

Ooh...lucky us. Bargain bin buy if I ever saw one.

Xzi:
Ooh...lucky us. Bargain bin buy if I ever saw one.

amen to that! i mean come on when was it released on xbox? 6 months ago or something? what a snub.

Yaaay!

At last, a game I'd completely forgotten existed!
Released at the same time as Witcher 2.

Same day as The Witcher 2.

Have they no fucking clue? Big PC-exclusive RPG vs. late, luke-warm received, action/adventure thing.

Hmm, I wonder what will win.

I already have this on Xbox so I'll probably give the PC version a miss, still looking forward to Age of Empires though :3

I was ready to buy it on day 1 back when the xbox version came out. Only to find out from the EB clerk the PC version of the game had been pushed back and that I'd driven an hour to the nearest city for nothing.

No, not exactly jumping for joy over this game now.

Though now that I'm boycotting EA, I do have the money I was saving for ME3 and DA2... So I'll probably end up picking up this game anyway.

Woodsey:

Have they no fucking clue? Big PC-exclusive RPG vs. late, luke-warm received, action/adventure thing.

Seriously. 6 month ago, I was psyched to play this. But against the Withcer sequel? Sorry, too little too late. And with Dragon Age 2 and BRINK releasing this spring, I'm giving my money to CD Project Red.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSaw85bliyQ

This review should make anyone that is just the slightest bit interrested in the game change their minds in no time. I know a friend of mine did allready after he heard of reason 1.

I really don't understand what the huge delay is for console vs PC release. So many companies do it at the same time why do some choose to wait half a damn year? Sure they could give the argument that they don't want PC pirates to kill some of their sales, then release it a month or so later, 6 months is just plain silly. Anyone who owns a 360 and a gaming PC will look at the release for full price and a used (possibly even new) for about $20 and if they had any intelligence would buy the far cheaper copy. And the problem with this is that no exec is going to think poor sales on the PC will be due to the fact that such an obscene amount of time has passed, instead they will just chalk it up as another reason to not have games on the PC.

no point fable 3 is one of the worst games ever and THE WORST rpg ever so just forget it and save your cash for somthing not made by f*&cktards

Hm... Fable 3, or Witcher 2...

Is this a trick question?

Woodsey:

Thats like releasing a... um... crap, I had something for this.

Irridium:
Hm... Fable 3, or Witcher 2...

Is this a trick question?

Woodsey:

Thats like releasing a... um... crap, I had something for this.

Danger zone!

NicoDK:

This review should make anyone that is just the slightest bit interrested in the game change their minds in no time. I know a friend of mine did allready after he heard of reason 1.

W-wow.... ummm... I guess I wont be buying this game then. The list of games I want to buy this year is shrinking faster than... something that shrinks really fast.

My thoughts on the subject can adequately be summed up as:

"Get that weak ass shit OUTTA HERE!!!"

See it's funny, cuz now people have realized after 3 games, the Fable series really hasn't improved at all and is a bag of tiny cow shit compared to REAL RPGs. No one will get this, we'll all be buying Dragon Age 2 the following week.

NicoDK:

I can't believe I just spent 24 minutes watching that. It was good, but wow I need a life.
OT:Fable always looked bad after the first one, even lost chapters I didn't like. Why change Jack of blades' voice? Why make your character fight him again? This series has always been a disappointment.

Well I do look forward to it. I have Fable 1 from way back when and I really really liked that game. I know the newer two have been generally panned, but coming in with low expectations usually turns out well.

Fr]anc[is:
My thoughts on the subject can adequately be summed up as:

"Get that weak ass shit OUTTA HERE!!!"

Edit: just finished watching that video. I wasn't surprised at all. I've always known Fable was a very colorful turd.

PC-exclusive

Man, it's been a looooooooooooooooooooooooong time since the last time I heard that sentence.

OT: BOUT TIME!

Too little, too late. Up yours, Molyneux.
My guess is M$ held the PC version back until everyone who is the least bit interested in Fable 3 bought it for their fucking console and then release it on the PC to maximize profits.

Eh, I've preordered TW2 collector's edition.
Fable 3, I might buy it if it's ... oh ... about $8.

Fable 3 was just the most dissapointing game I have ever played, and that's from a game in a series of games infamous for dissapointment. I literally paid zero attention to the hype and previews and yet I was still dissapointed. I finished the game in about a week of light playing and haven't touched it since.

It is a game with so much potential: beautiful settings, a premise pretty much unique in the video game world and fantastic voice acting from some excellent actors; but yet all that potential was just blown away by frighteningly moronic gameplay. The fighting, the storyline, the npc interaction, the house ownership, the weapon morphing, the moral choices, all of it was stupid and shallow. Not wanting to sound racist (which I am aware is a phrase usually implying racist sentiments) but I'm still annoyed and baffled by the two children my white character had with my white wife being black? There was no indication that my wife was cheating on me so what the bloody heck happened? I've heard that this happened to many, many people so surely it must have been caught during play testing. It just sent the game's immersion sailing straight out the window. That's just one of the many examples of things in the game that left me staring at the screen thinking "WTF just happened there?"

Oh man, I'm feeling a massive rant coming on so I'm gonna leave this by just saying that unless you really loved the other two Fables (and I mean loved to the point that your friends and family are worried by your creepy obsession) do not buy this game unless its in a bargain bin.

Damn that dog looks so cute.

Meh, I'll Pick this uP...But you know, gotta play the witcher.

Let's see...

Stupid vs GRIM DARK.

Seeing as I have enough cash for one game.. its obviously going to the Witcher

Yeah, too late. I'd still be willing to give it a go, despite the reviews, if it had come out on the original release date - what can I say, the chicken advert got to me, and all of those amazing voice actors, I'm weakening just thinking about it - but I've had A LONG TIME to cool off on it now. I'm treating the money I'm not spending on Fable as an excuse to buy the Sims Medieval. Hey, what do you know, it's a great big semi-RPG fantasy PC game with a gay marriage mechanic, I'm totally in the market for one of those. :P

Fable 3 looks like a 20 dollar game. I'll wait until it's 20 dollars and then buy it. In a way I'm glad it didn't make it to PC at the same time as the console release, I might have bought it at full price like I did Alone in the Dark (whoops).

And no shit was given that day.

we might not even get the dlc well microsofts big return to the pc is an afterthought if ive ever seen one

YES, YES
BLOODY HELL YES!
:D finally.

I play 360, so only dlc is relevant, but I hoep not many gamers buy the PC version, fable needs to loose income, then the devs can reconsider returning it to what it once was.

*apathetic* "ye...a.aaaaa...."

HellspawnCandy:

NicoDK:

I can't believe I just spent 24 minutes watching that. It was good, but wow I need a life.
OT:Fable always looked bad after the first one, even lost chapters I didn't like. Why change Jack of blades' voice? Why make your character fight him again? This series has always been a disappointment.

To be fair, I liked the deeper Jack of Blades voice than his tinny sounding original.

Yeah...I'm getting The Witcher 2, after such a long wait I just don't care.

Well Damn...

Needs to dust off my 360 and play Fable 3 again!

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here