Sackboy Does Plants vs. Zombies To a Tee

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Sackboy Does Plants vs. Zombies To a Tee

The LittleBigPlanet 2 version of Plants vs. Zombies is so similar to the actual version, it's scary.

LittleBigPlanet 2 has been used to recreate a lot of other games, but not too many of them are able to pull off the feat perfectly. However, PSN user Foggles has perfectly recreated PopCap's Plants vs. Zombies right down to the traffic cone helmets.

If you've played Plants vs. Zombies, there's really no learning curve for Foggles's Plants vs. Zombots. Sun falls from the sky, and is emitted from sunflowers at regular intervals. Peashooters are used to take down the zombies... I mean zombots. The game even has wallnuts, which the zombots stop to chomp on.

Foggles also inserted sound effects and music that are just like the real thing. He's only created this one tribute level so far.

While cool and all, the question remains: Why play Plants vs. Zombots when you can play Plants vs. Zombies? I'm not sure, but Plants vs. Zombots is still a marvelous piece of work.

Source: Joystiq

Hah, I kept being on the verge of clicking the little suns while watching the video. Talk about a programmed response.

Nice, either way.

how long before this gets taken down from the lpb2 servers due to copyright infringement?

Wow i didn't realise little big planet was so complex in it's creation tools. Or is this extra? Like a mod or something?

Somewhere, somehow an IP lawyer is doing a little dance.

thefreeman0001:
how long before this gets taken down from the lpb2 servers due to copyright infringement?

That's exactly what I was thinking. Still cool though.

I bought LPB2 and my friends laughed at me. Who's laughing now?! I essentially bought every game ever made.

Pretty damn good job I'd say

I've never played LBP2 so I don't know how the creativity tool works but this is AMAZING. I can't believe how accurate everything was like the plants, the zombies and the gameplay. Hell, even the music was dead on. I also hope nobody is going to take it down because it looks like hours of effort were put into that.

Now THAT'S cool. Good Job to whoever made that level.

That's pretty cool, I just wonder "why bother?", that must have been a fair share of work to make even if it's just one level.

Natdaprat:
I bought LPB2 and my friends laughed at me. Who's laughing now?! I essentially bought every game ever made.

They laughed at you for that? Fuck them, Littlebigplanet is awesome :D

Great job, but other than to have people say "great job" I don't see much point. Excellent tribute to PopCap though.

Well thats just insane.. That seems like a perfect replica of the real thing..
But my first thought was "somebody is gonna get sued for this"

Amazed by the stuff you can do in LBP2.. Have the first one, not tried this...

jakefongloo:
Wow i didn't realise little big planet was so complex in it's creation tools. Or is this extra? Like a mod or something?

No, I think it was a major selling point of the game that the level designer was so clever that you could create all kinds of games on it.

This article just made me try it. It was awesome! I definitely want more!

And yeah, for those that never tried LBP2, its creation engine is crazy. Knowing how complex it can be, I appreciate the effort when I see cool levels even more!

Great, I hope the creator makes things brighter in future editions.

The "zombots" walk too fast for my tastes, but other than that, it's quite fantastic.

Natdaprat:

I'd laugh at you for buying LittlePigBlanet, too. When LittleBigPlanet 2 is out!

...your typos, my pleasure. Oorah.

Andy of Comix Inc:

Natdaprat:

I'd laugh at you for buying LittlePigBlanet, too. When LittleBigPlanet 2 is out!

I saw your ninja edit ;)

could of sworn it was called plants vs zombots

also, theres Angry Birds, Mario Bros, crash cammando lookalike, some kind of Pong game

making a few of my own, hopefully theyre more original

this new LBP2....i had no idea there were so many creation tools, you can make near everything, its amazing

That's seriously cool. I can't wait to have a go at that. :)

Little Big Planet 1&2 is ALMOST enough to warrant me running out and buying a playstation 3.

Natdaprat:

Andy of Comix Inc:

Natdaprat:

I saw your ninja edit ;)

NO YOU DIDN'T SHUDDUP ;-;

Bold and italic tags are easy to mess up...!!

Andy of Comix Inc:

Natdaprat:

Andy of Comix Inc:

I saw your ninja edit ;)

NO YOU DIDN'T SHUDDUP ;-;

Bold and italic tags are easy to mess up...!!

Irony is a sweet dish. I will savour this one. Oorah.

How the hell can you do that on a ps3?
Doesn't stuff like creating all new graphics and turning a sidescrolling platformer into a whole different game at least require some coding?

Has anyone noticed he keeps calling them Zombones, when it is called Zombots?

Natdaprat:
Irony is a sweet dish. I will savour this one. Oorah.

Well.. I... ummmm... you...

YOU BOUGHT LITTLE BIG PLANET 2 WHAT A NERD!!

...heh. I got out of that one pretty well ;3

captainjackofms:
Has anyone noticed he keeps calling them Zombones, when it is called Zombots?

Flauros:
could of sworn it was called plants vs zombots

Well it's "Zombots" in the title of the video and the article from Joystiq so...

I'm not being picky really (lies), I just wish the PS3 library had enough jewels like LBP to temp me to buy one.

Oh... for some reason I thought this thread was about me...<.<

I played that level. Pretty fun. When i get better at the game mechanisms i'm making tons of tower defense games and flying games.

9_6:
How the hell can you do that on a ps3?
Doesn't stuff like creating all new graphics and turning a sidescrolling platformer into a whole different game at least require some coding?

That's the selling point of LBP2. There's a TON of stuff you can do with the new tools. I've seen side scrolling shooters, a perfect clone of the original legend of zelda, a first person shooter, even a turn based rpg.

I'd love to see Enterbrain make an RPG maker for the ps3. Not like those sucky ones for the ps1 and 2 but like the ones for the PC.

Right... that does it. I'm buying this game. I think it warrants the £40 price tag as it basically has 10000000000000000000000 extra levels included.

Tom Goldman:
Plants vs. Zombones.
Peashooters are used to take down the zombies... I mean zombones.
Why play Plants vs. Zombones when you can play Plants vs. Zombies? I'm not sure, but Plants vs. Zombones is still a marvelous piece of work.

Uhhh...
It's "Plants vs. Zombots"
Not Zombones...

Otherwise, this is a pretty darn cool little distraction.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Posting on this forum is disabled.