First Trailer For Tron Cartoon Hits the Grid

Pages 1 2 NEXT

First Trailer For Tron Cartoon Hits the Grid

The world of Tron will soon have a new hero, one with the voice of a hobbit.

Disney has released the first trailer for Tron: Uprising, an animated prequel to Tron: Legacy. Uprising is a ten part series, and will air on the Disney XD channel. Unfortunately, the show doesn't start for more than a year, making this trailer a teaser in more ways than one.

There aren't many plot details in the trailer itself other than the fact that Tron is looking for a student/successor. However, previously released details about the series shed a little more light on what's going on. The show is set after Clu rebels against Flynn and takes over the grid, but before Sam arrives in Tron: Legacy. The protagonist of the show is a program called Beck, who Tron takes under his wing. Beck eventually pulls a Dread Pirate Roberts and takes on his mantle of Tron, pitting him against the show's villain, the oppressive General Tesler.

Uprising has a rather high profile voice cast. Elijah Wood, who played Frodo in the Lord of the Rings movies, will play Beck, and veteran sci-fi actor Lance Henriksen will play Tesler. Mandy Moore, Emmanuelle Chriqui and Paul Reubens will also voice characters, and Bruce Boxleitner will reprise his role as Tron.

Tron: Uprising is scheduled to begin sometime in Summer 2012.

Source: Bleeding Cool

I really like the animation style, it's a cool fusion of CGI and traditional.

Still, I can't believe it says "coming soon". Over a year away isn't soon =D

Shit, that looks really good. The visuals I mean. I'd watch it.

It looks pretty engaging. Like we could learn more about their world instead of comparing our world vs theirs.

I'm on board...where do i sign up?

I also like it. Can't wait Disney!

Bruce Boxleitner has one of the sexiest voices ever; the more of that hot stuff the better!

...ahem...I am secure in my sexuality.

What? More TRON? Where do I sign, I want in!

I'm diggin' the soundtrack, and I've always loved the Tron concept, so I'll be keeping an eye on this for sure.

As much as I'm excited for this, I hope to God they do more than just shittily remix Daft Punk's score like they did in this teaser.

Seriously, that was almost offensively bad.

It certainly look cool (the animation style look interest). I will probably check out the first episode when it's out.

Looks good. Wonder if they'll bring back Yori this time around.

Looks pretty good.

For anyone that played Tron: Evolution could that figure in the middle at 0.33 Gibson?

Holy.

Shit.

Watching. Clearing my schedule. Torching the earth. AAGHGGHJKFDKUDYUKTSMHGM.

Must see. :P

Hell. Yes. Only bad thing is that I don't get this channel. But more Tron is always awesome.

int ExcitementDuration = 100;
Bool StupidlyExcited = false;
Bool TrailerWatched = True;

if TrailerWatched = True
{
StupidlyExcited = True;
ExcitementDuration = 100;
{

if(StupidlyExcited = true)
{

while ExcitementDuration > 0
{
printf "Squeee!"
ExcitementDuration -= 1;
}

}

IndianaJonny:
Bruce Boxleitner has one of the sexiest voices ever; the more of that hot stuff the better!

...ahem...I am secure in my sexuality.

I hear that occasionally... just... occasionally...

...he fights for the users.

Princess Bride reference I love it. One of my favorite movies of all time.

Is Daft Punk still doing the music? Because if it isn't them someone really knows how to mimmic their style to a tee.

Also, that does look awesome and if it is only 10 parts I'd look around for a legal copy of that.

Here's to hoping they decide to actually write a sensible story that relates in some way to the original, rather than the atrocity that was Tron Legacy. I know people keep saying they were setting it up for a sequel, but it felt pretty lacking even in that department. Though this seems to be some sort of prequel, so perhaps they can fill in some backstory that way, but I'm not sure.

The art and the soundtrack look great, though the same goes for the movie, too. That's about all it had going for it.

That looks surprisingly good. I guess I should get out there and actually watch the 2010 movie, eh?

Now I wonder, will THIS have anything whatsoever to do with computers and programming? Or is it a show built entirely around neon lighting?

One does simply not light cycle in to mordor.

Looks pretty cool to be honest, I'll give it a look.

Tsaba:
How does tron train anyone, tron "died" at the beginning of the uprising

OT: This looks like something I'd watch if kept adult, not made for under 10s.

Tsaba:

Actually, they don't show what happened with him from that event and up until the start of the movie.

TheBobmus:

OT: This looks like something I'd watch if kept adult, not made for under 10s.

And you would be correct

but, yes I'm slightly worried Disney is making it into a cartoon.

Dectilon:

Actually, they don't show what happened with him from that event and up until the start of the movie.

Because, you could make a whole movie about the purge or in this case, a television series.

LavaLampBamboo:
I really like the animation style, it's a cool fusion of CGI and traditional.

Still, I can't believe it says "coming soon". Over a year away isn't soon =D

Hmmn, it might just be toon-shaded not traditional. Will have to see more footage.

I was desperately hoping they'd bring back Ram... I'm disappointed...

Actually they have stated thaat this 10 part series will expand on the ideas that cam upe in Legacy. Which means that Disney didn't advertise Legacy correctly, if this came out summer of last year before Legacy was released then everyone would have had the backstory information they needed to understand Legacy

Blah... I miss ReBoot.

mattaui:
Here's to hoping they decide to actually write a sensible story that relates in some way to the original, rather than the atrocity that was Tron Legacy. I know people keep saying they were setting it up for a sequel, but it felt pretty lacking even in that department. Though this seems to be some sort of prequel, so perhaps they can fill in some backstory that way, but I'm not sure.

The art and the soundtrack look great, though the same goes for the movie, too. That's about all it had going for it.

Yeah, some semblance of a plot would have me practically salivating over this. I'll wait and hope, and maybe it'll pay off.

Sure looks pretty, too bad it's so far away.. hopefully that means it'll be good.

didnt they make a preqeul starting with the ds game, then the wii game, then the psp, the the comicbook, then the Xbox 360/PS3 game.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here