Rumor: Grand Theft Auto V Codenamed "Rush"

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Rumor: Grand Theft Auto V Codenamed "Rush"

A set of casting calls suggest a codename and possible setting for Grand Theft Auto V.

Internet investigations have revealed what could be hints toward a future Grand Theft Auto title. The Superannuation twitter account has uncovered a list of acting calls made by Rockstar Games' casting company that seriously sound like characters from the GTA series, in addition to a potential codename.

A discovered resume of an actress named Shandar Robinson reveals she played an "inner city female street" in something called Rush for Take-Two Games, Rockstar Games' parent company. Take-Two doesn't have anything announced called Rush, and an "inner city female" is definitely the kind of character you'd expect in a Grand Theft Auto game.

Further, regular Rockstar casting firm Telsey + Company has been searching for actors to fill roles in a project called Rush, and they'd all mesh perfectly with the Grand Theft Auto universe. Some of the descriptions call for an "somewhat incompetent Chinese mobster" that loves doing ecstasy and going to raves, a "neurotic soccer mom" that is anxious and addled on pain killers, a "Weed evangelist" who is now a leading proponent of marijuana's fantastic properties, a "FPS playing gamer son" that is "into making racist comments while playing online," and an "Armenian car dealer, moneylender, would be Fagin and would be bully" that is heavily connected to the underworld.

If these aren't characters from Grand Theft Auto, Take-Two must have something else very similar in the works, which is unlikely. The listings would put Grand Theft Auto V in a fairly modern setting, what with the FPS player that talks trash online.

Analysts expect the announcement of a new Grand Theft Auto game within a year, but Rockstar and Take-Two have made no mention of Grand Theft Auto V whatsoever. E3 2011, coming up this summer, seems like the perfect place to announce such a title.

Source: Supererogatory Twitter, via Gamasutra

I say BAH and continue spraying poo on houses in Saints Row 2. Until GTA can come up with something that entertaining i won't be playing any future games in that series.

Yea.
According to what I've heard there's a new GTA coming out next year. They probably are getting ready to record the VOs about now.

I just hope this one is more fun than gta4. The characters sound pretty funny; not the pretentious walking wounded types we had to play (with) in gta4.

I have to say, I am also more excited about Saints Row the Third.

I'm going to fly in the face of all expecations and say I hope that it isn't a new Grand Theft Auto. I hope this somehow will lead to the announcement of a new game in the 'Rush' series of racing games.

You know what? Wouldn't it be interesting if that "inner city female" was the main character of GTAV? Personally, I think that would be an awesome way of mixing up the game. Who knows, it could happen...

Is it called 'Rush' as they're in a rush to complete it? It's been a fair while since GTAIV...

If this does not turn into a game of Geddy Lee's little publicised carjacking and murder spree I will not be happy.

If this is a new GTA game then good, it's been a while since GTAIV came out and even though I fully enjoyed it, the wasn't that much to do in Liberty City.

Oh goody. More NPCs to carjack and shoot in the face for fun!
Oh and do me a favor Rock Star, put a HUD in the Helicopters so that I can see where I'm aiming. I like to get on target before I start shooting not fire blindly and move around until the tracers go where I want them to go. Thank you

If it is a new GTA, I hope they do the multiplayer in a similar fashion to Red Dead Redemptions, in the fact that you can earn experience to rank up by doing virtually anything; you couldn't rank up fast enough in GTA4, and even if you could, everyone only played Free Roam.

BreakfastMan:
You know what? Wouldn't it be interesting if that "inner city female" was the main character of GTAV? Personally, I think that would be an awesome way of mixing up the game. Who knows, it could happen...

Could be interesting, and it is perhaps time to offer us something a bit more different. Seeing that we have had male leads for every other GTA game ever made, a female lead character would make a nice change.

Now, I did actually enjoy the more serious tone that GTA 4 had, something a little more lighthearted would be good this time around. I've always thought they might return us to a modern day Vice City, given the reference(s) to the place that popped up in GTA4. A "weed evangalist" would probably fit into that kind of setting quite well. :)

Do want! Im glad if it is modern times, means much better music. GTA4 caused me to mute its radios

SnootyEnglishman:
I say BAH and continue spraying poo on houses in Saints Row 2. Until GTA can come up with something that entertaining i won't be playing any future games in that series.

/thread

GTA lost it's crown to Saints Row 2. I'd be suprised if Saints Row 2 even let's GTA clean it's toilet. GTA would have to do something VERY original and new to regain it's crown because Saints Row has the 'vice city' style sandbox game market completely covered.

Rush? Hmmm...why not Russia?

Well it's certainly taken them long enough.

"Some of the descriptions call for an "somewhat incompetent Chinese mobster" that loves doing ecstasy and going to raves" Sounds like a character from Chinatown wars.

""Weed evangelist" who is now a leading proponent of marijuana's fantastic properties" Sounds like Badman or LJ from GTAIV

""FPS playing gamer son" that is "into making racist comments while playing online." Sounds like Yusuf from IV and EFLC

lostzombies.com:

SnootyEnglishman:

/thread

GTA lost it's crown to Saints Row 2. I'd be suprised if Saints Row 2 even let's GTA clean it's toilet. GTA would have to do something VERY original and new to regain it's crown because Saints Row has the 'vice city' style sandbox game market completely covered.

Personally, I enjoyed both for different reasons. Also, if you weren't an idiot and bought GTA IV for PC, there are plenty of mods that let you go batshit crazy.

lostzombies.com:

SnootyEnglishman:

/thread

The Saints Row games are nothing compared to the GTA series. In fact they barely even deserve to have someone think about even considering mentioning them in the same breath as GTA.

/thread

There, I just ended this discussion. Forever.

It's amazing how easy it is do something like that isn't it, regardless of how preposterous the whole thing is?

Well lets hope it is as good as GTA 4 and isn't an immature cesspit like SR

I'm sorry but... Fly by night, away from here, Change my life again. Fly by night, goodbye my dear. My ship isn't coming and I just can't pretend!

needed to do that, nothing else.

neoman10:
I'm sorry but... Fly by night, away from here, Change my life again. Fly by night, goodbye my dear. My ship isn't coming and I just can't pretend!

needed to do that, nothing else.

They better have a very Rush based soundtrack, with a codename like that.

Whether this is GTA V or not remains to be seen, but Yusuf Amir definitely needs to be in the next GTA game.

And speaking of Rush, there needs to be a station in the next GTA that plays only Rush songs, because running over blood-filled squishy people with an expensive sports car while Tom Sawyer is blasting over the radio speakers is just something else.

I mean, it would be, if Rockstar put the song in the game, heh *nervously looks around*

I thought GTA was a Rockstar North title not Take-Two?

So we get to play as an undercover DEA agent who gets hooked on smack and listen to Eric Clapton music?

Color me there!

EDIT: Come on guys, think about the movie, not the band, duh!

Another EDIT: Oh yeah, the movie is older than half the members of this site... I can see why you might not think of it.

Zerbye:
Rush? Hmmm...why not Russia?

GTAV: Russia
Car jacks You

It would be awesome if a female could be the main character in a new GTA game.

However i wouldn't want her to be overly sexualised though.

It would be a great change of pace, especially if the characters of the story underestimates her ability just because she's a woman.

J21R:
If this does not turn into a game of Geddy Lee's little publicised carjacking and murder spree I will not be happy.

Thats what i was thinking,I would pay millions to see that!

Goddammit! Why does every game have to use the word "Rush" in it now??

The game I'm making is codenamed Rush, and suddenly everyone and their grandmother is using the name. *sigh*

I really gotta come up with the real name so I can stop getting annoyed by it >_>;

Red Right Hand:
I thought GTA was a Rockstar North title not Take-Two?

That's what I thought, too. Color me confused for the moment.

Woooo! The characters sound hilarious. I'm lookuing forward to the soccer mom, that should be good for a laugh or five. I was never into GTA for the story much anyways, I just love mayhem. Can't wait, although Saints Row the third will be picked up as well.

Cool. However, just how is an "inner city female" a protagonist you'd expect from GTA? All the protagonists to this point have been male.

MarsProbe:

lostzombies.com:

SnootyEnglishman:

/thread

The Saints Row games are nothing compared to the GTA series. In fact they barely even deserve to have someone think about even considering mentioning them in the same breath as GTA.

/thread

There, I just ended this discussion. Forever.

It's amazing how easy it is do something like that isn't it, regardless of how preposterous the whole thing is?

I guess you still ride to work on a horse and cook with an open fire outside your cave too yeah? Moving with the times can be difficult I know but if you wish to move with the 'open end sandbox' genre then try saints row 2 sometime. It's really great, better than cave painting to pass the time.

So GTA V will be set in Canada?

Cool.

Ruzzian Roulette:
So GTA V will be set in Canada?

Cool.

Meh, Grand Theft Moose doesn't quite have the same ring to it, and I doubt there's a gripping story in the west side gangs cutting the east side off from their maple syrup supply.

hem dazon 90:
Well lets hope it is as immature and as fun as saints row 2 and isn't an realistic cesspit like gta4

there you go i fixed it for you

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Posting on this forum is disabled.