Zynga Says Your Mom is the New Hardcore Gamer

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Zhukov:
I'm surprised and a little disappointed that this thread isn't packed to the hilt with "Your Mom" jokes.

don't worry there is still time to save it.

Begin the "your mom is so hardcore, she beat super meatboy without dying"

It's obvious to me, this person has never meet MY mother.

I recall one time, I came into the living room to see my mom (and dad) sitting on the couch looking at blank TV screen. I asked what was up, and, she told me, that they didn't know how to get the TV to work... Between having a digital cable box, and the tv imputed for a videogame system, they couldn't figure out how to get it back to cable. They'd tried for 30 mins before came in and fixed it for them.

I love my Momma, I am a self proclamed and proud Momma's boy, but she isn't, no ever will be, teh hardcorz.. heh.

SirBryghtside:
Um... I think they misunderstood what the term 'hardcore' means...

yea it is like saying because more people by family cars then super-cars that family cars are the new hardcore cars.

68 minutes.

BAH! I spent more time trying to beat Nightfall on Legendary yesterday morning. and the weekend before just playing through White.

No, your mom is the new hardcore gamer, Zynga!
Also, I spend more than 68 minutes in a single cave run in minecraft, and I often have multiple cave runs every day.

Only averaging 68 minutes a day? I average 68 minutes a second.

Fredrikorex:
Oh no, what's people going to think a gamer is now? a FarmVille mother?

considering the actual view on gamers, (psicopaths that could go and shoot your school any day out of a whim), i think its a step up.

comming up next on Faux news, a mother of 3 goes on a killing spree because she missed the chance to win the golden udder in Farmville.

I don't know, I've always thought of "hardcore gamer" as sort of equivalent to terms like "film buff": It's not about how much you play or spend as much as it is about the variety of what you play and being willing to discuss the hobby on a more intellectual level. This really just sounds like PR speak to me.

sheer zynga I believe you *sarcasm*

My mum definetly has better things to be doing with her life, notably her Masters.
These american soccer mums need to get out more.

68 is not hardcore gaming, neither is Farmville. There isn't a definite definition of hardcore, but playing Farmville for 68 minutes is not it. I can spend 68 minutes deciding on my loadout for my next quest in Oblivion, looking at the figures for each creature I'll encounter and looking at the weapons I have available. Farmville will never be hardcore gaming.

Zynga, I think you should know that I hate you.

And here comes the flood of "You're not a gamer unless you play the games I play" from the AAA gaming hipster crowd.

To this article, I say this is great news. Because those moms are very unlikely to chastise their own children for playing games thus a whole generation is going to grow up not feeling shamed for liking video games.

Darkauthor81:
And here comes the flood of "You're not a gamer unless you play the games I play" from the gaming hipster crowd.

Please do not insult our indie devs. They are our hipsters no matter how much they hate it. Zynga is our cousin that rips everyone off.

Wow, I have some disturbing news for Zynga. They are not capable of defining what "hardcore" is in this case. I hate to disappoint, but social gaming isn't "hardcore" at all. It's Angry Birds, but with facebook.

Who reports this stuff?

Zynga: "we are the face of hardcore games!"
us: "why do you say that?"
Zynga: "We are so hardcore your mom plays them!"
us: "My mom also loves to croché and vacuum, are they hardcore activities? Are you going to make a game based around that too for her?"
Zynga: "but does she spend 68 miutes a day doing that?"
us: "no, but she does spend entire weekend marathons doing both it seems like"
Zynga: "oh, so you admit it!"
us: "no, sorry, she has never even heard of your company.... and I don't know anyone who plays your games either, now that I think about it....."
Zynga: "but... we are hardcore......." *weeps in corner*

Darkauthor81:
And here comes the flood of "You're not a gamer unless you play the games I play" from the gaming hipster crowd.

To this article, I say this is great news. Because those moms are very unlikely to chastise their own children for playing games thus a whole generation is going to grow up not feeling shamed for liking video games.

You insult everyone by comparing them to hipsters, that's hurtful. And maybe a little uncalled for. I know there is always a point where everyone breaks down to fighting over this subject. I don't think any titles per se are hardcore. I would think someone hardcore plays games because they enjoy games, and does it for more than 68 minutes a day, and doesn't poll jock on one console. I mean, most people who sit on a single console define themselves as hardcore. But I have a PS3, a kickass computer, a PSP and a DS, as well as a Wii and I still play some of my favorite PS2 titles on that. Do I count as hardcore I wonder. I'm so confused about this subject.... but you should never refer to someone as hipster like that.

The day Zynga becomes the face of "hardcore" gaming, is the day I officially lose all faith in the industry. These guys are openly admitted scammers with tons of money, basically.

Also, 68 minutes of a social networking game is chump change compared to most AAA or even AA title playthrough's. I done at least.. what, 200 sessions of 30 hour all-nighter gaming sprees, and I am only 19 (I've had pokemon battles that last longer than 68 minutes alone, damned hydreigon..)? And honestly, a 40 year old woman with two children "spending more money on social networking games' than any other type of standard title is somewhat scary. Although I won't pretend to start telling people how to spend their own, earned money now, of course.

HentMas:

Fredrikorex:
Oh no, what's people going to think a gamer is now? a FarmVille mother?

considering the actual view on gamers, (psicopaths that could go and shoot your school any day out of a whim), i think its a step up.

comming up next on Faux news, a mother of 3 goes on a killing spree because she missed the chance to win the golden udder in Farmville.

We've already had the mother that neglected her child in a tub filled with water due to social networking games (not sure if it was Farmville specifically..), so I don't think we're far off if we include most idiot middle aged mothers playing these scams (because they are), either.

OH yeah?!
Zynga, your moms so hairy the only language she can speak is WOOKIE!

RT-Medic-with-shotgun:

Darkauthor81:

Please do not insult our indie devs. They are our hipsters no matter how much they hate it. Zynga is our cousin that rips everyone off.

No I was actually referring to the AAA players who claim casual gaming isn't real gaming. Edited the original post to make it more clear.

"Hardcore" definitely has a skill component. Zynga games don't require skill. Really, they aren't even games, just a sequence of systems designed to create a conditioned response in its users.

Also: WTF is that first word?:

Baresark:
Wow, I have some disturbing news for Zynga. They are not capable of defining what "hardcore" is in this case. I hate to disappoint, but social gaming isn't "hardcore" at all. It's Angry Birds, but with facebook.

Who reports this stuff?

us: "My mom also loves to croché and vacuum"
us: "no, sorry, she has never even heard of your company.... and I don't know anyone who plays your games either, now that I think about it....."

::Laughs.:: Please, I am female and I spend more time than 68 minutes a day playing games! I guess that makes me even more hardcore than a Zynga mom.

Darkauthor81:

RT-Medic-with-shotgun:

Darkauthor81:

No I was actually referring to the AAA players who claim casual gaming isn't real gaming. Edited the original post to make it more clear.

Triple A is still kinda thinking high of them right?

LadyRhian:

Baresark:

Who reports this stuff?

us: "My mom also loves to croché and vacuum"

::Laughs.:: Please, I am female and I spend more time than 68 minutes a day playing games! I guess that makes me even more hardcore than a Zynga mom.

Haha, slow down!!! No one is more hardcore than a Zynga MOM!!!

So, Zynga is pretending to be a videogame developer now. They still don't know what a gamer is though.

But my mum has never been on Facebook...Ever...LIARS!

RT-Medic-with-shotgun:

Darkauthor81:

RT-Medic-with-shotgun:

I'm confused. Do you think I'm calling Zynga AAA? What I'm trying to say is that here, in the escapist forums, there are many who will turn their nose up at this because they don't think casual games are real games. Anyone who says "You're not really into this thing unless you're into it in my, obviously superior, way of being into it" is a hipster.

Well seeming as how I think people who call themselves hardcore gamers are idiots, this makes me chuckle.

I hate that they dare to call them social games. What interaction is there playing Farmville? "ADD ME ON FARMVILLE OR DIE!!!"

"ok..."

I have more social toilet stops.

lacktheknack:

dylanmc12:
Only 68 Hours a day...
Even a Casual Gamer should play more than that a day.

?????????

There are only 24 hours in a day...

Fix'd (Never post comments when you're half asleep, you'll easily confuse minutes and hours. Who figures?).

Darkauthor81:

RT-Medic-with-shotgun:

Darkauthor81:

I'm confused. Do you think I'm calling Zynga AAA? What I'm trying to say is that here, in the escapist forums, there are many who will turn their nose up at this because they don't think casual games are real games. Anyone who says "You're not really into this thing unless you're into it in my, obviously superior, way of being into it" is a hipster.

Just messing with you.

RT-Medic-with-shotgun:

Darkauthor81:

RT-Medic-with-shotgun:

Just messing with you.

LOL! Oi! That doesn't come through in text dude. You had me really confused there!

Zynga needs to reevaluate the meaning of the phrase "Hardcore Gamer"

Until they go on a 21-36 hour binge of playing whilst barely moving from one spot, They are nothing more than moms who need better hobbies.

I'm not even talking WoW players, who will play uninterrupted for days, I'm talking about the RPG fanboys who play the entire story in one sitting, or the FPS Guys who sit online from breakfast 'til dinner. These guys are hardcore.

Besides, the most hardcore Zynga has gotten is being the Don of a Mafia (or, okay, if you want to count it, Werewolves and Vampires. I choose not to for one word: Twilight). Which, in comparison to other games, isn't that hardcore. You click on a button, and bam, money. Not that exciting.
Yes, I have played Zynga games before. I have a Farmville account at Level 23 and a Mafia Wars account at level 129, with 6.8 Trillion Dollars in the Bank. I got bored though. The games got redundant quickly, and it felt more like a job than a game. And no matter how much I want it to be, those trillions of dollars are non-redeemable for real cash.

Irridium:
Oh man, it'll be hilarious to see how people react to this.

*breath* NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!
NO
NO
FUCKING NO

How was that?

Hardcore Casual Gamer is a better term if you want to throw broad definitions around.

Well, you can tell Zynga that if they talk about my mother again I m going to curb stomp each and every one of them!

Besides, my mother is against gaming. I have tried getting her to play, but she prefers reading in her free time.

Hardcore gamers? You mean those douche bags that only play AAA titles like Halo and Call of Duty but claim to be "hardcore" so they aren't "losers that play video games all day", and that are an insult to real gamers? So, they dropped the douche bag part, trade AAA generic shooters for casual games, but keep the insult to real gamers? Well, can't really argue with that...

I think decelopers like zenga are bitter about what big companies like EA and nintendo say about them.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Posting on this forum is disabled.