Lady Sentenced for Bribing Kid with Videogame

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Lady Sentenced for Bribing Kid with Videogame

Shannon Leathers, 34
Shannon Leathers, 34

A woman from Maine was sentenced to a year in prison for asking a boy to steal his mother's prescription painkillers.

It's a story heard all too often these days. A woman wanted something, and she offered everything a little boy could want in exchange. Get your mind out of the gutter, that something was a videogame. Today, 34-year-old Shannon Leathers was sentenced to one year in prison for asking a 9 year old neighborhood boy to pilfer his mother's Percosets after she pleaded guilty to the charge. First arrested on August 1, 2010, police said that Leathers promised to buy the boy a videogame if he could get her the drugs. Leathers was ordered to serve the first 1.5 months of her sentence immediately, but the rest of the sentence was suspended by the judge.

The boy followed through with the theft, and later told police that she saw Leathers scratch the name of the pill bottle. She then told him to "play stupid" if he was ever asked about the loss of the pills.

The poor little boy did everything he was asked, got the dang pills, and had to sit through the police interrogation. And I bet he never got the game that was promised by Leathers because she was arrested and probably never intended to buy him a game at all. That's the real tragedy here.

Well, that and the fact that the game he asked for was Final Fantasy XIV Online.

Source: SeaCoast Online

I mean, yeah, the theft may have been justified if the game had been something decent.... like portal or Half-Life 2..... Or two worlds....

Of all the games to ask for.... WHY?

This is pretty disturbing though.

She looks... odd.

Bribing a kid with a game to get drugs. Tisk Tisk!

The REAL crime would have been giving him the game!

her 9 year old neighborhood boy

What the hell does that mean? Are our minds right to be out of the gutter?

As for the more serious side of the story, being a drug addict isn't sugar drops and rainbows and a years sentence seems pretty harsh; I guess that's why it got suspended though.

I like the "don't taze me bro" face. A classic.

Also, THIRTY-FOUR!? I could swear she's 70 in that picture.

HankMan:
The REAL crime would have been giving him the game!

haha, i love all the FFXIV bashing :)

but seriously, though, was that really what he asked for? at 9, he couldn't play that game even if he got it. plus, damn, who would actually want that game?

poiumty:

drug addiction, even prescription drug addiction, tends to age people tremendously. but yeah, i find it really hard to believe she's only 4 years older than me, even accounting for rough living.

Final Fantasy XIV Online?

The cops did him a favour.

What an appropriate name considering that mugshot

she like she needs the painkillers

Aww :( I feel sorry for everyone in this story.

vrbtny:
I mean, yeah, the theft may have been justified if the game had been something decent.... like portal or Half-Life 2..... Or two worlds....

Think I'd prefer Final Fantasy to Half-life 2.

What did he think he was gonna do with FFXIV? He couldn't have even played it without a card and his parents knowing. He sure didn't think that one through. Yes, I know he's 9, but he still wanted to play some online game.

Is the part about FFXIV real, or just an embellishment for comedy? It's not in the original article.

I must know!!!!!

VanityGirl:
She looks... odd.

I'd need the Percoset too if I looked like her. Just.... Jesus.
And yeah, gotta agree that 9 year old has terrible taste in videogames. Of course when you were 9 did you you put a lot of research and thought into what you bought? Shit no, you grabbed whatever was shiniest and had the best ratio of swords to robots on the cover.

Anyway, bad lady got in trouble, kid did the right thing in the end, everything worked out all right.

Oxycontin is superior

I think we all want to know..........did he get the game first?

poiumty:

she looks like a drug addict, that's probably why.

A bribe is a bribe no matter what it is.

A bribe is when one offers something to another for assistance in a situation. Often related to as a malicous practice. A bribe does not need to be cash, as long as the bribed accepts the payment in exchange for the work.

And FF XIV, is that even out yet? Probably not, maybe too many people still retching because of XIII.

Sigh that poor kid...

It's like getting busted shop lifting Ninja Hamsters (look it up)

Not only are you a thief, liar, you also have no taste and low self esteem for not trying to get a GOOD game.

I'm happy to see they're stamping down on the real criminals. ¬_¬

If she can afford a game, why can't she afford some painkillers? It doesn't say in the article, unless I missed it, why she can't get them herself.

Get a pack of 12 for 41p at Asda, love!

He should have asked her to get Left4Dead. PILLZ HERE!!!!

EeveeElectro:

If she can afford a game, why can't she afford some painkillers? It doesn't say in the article, unless I missed it, why she can't get them herself.

Well, Percosets are perscription... It's quite abit heavier than panodil or what ever you're thinking of

I am preety sure the Final Fantasy XIV part was just a joke. :P Judging from the article, she just promised him any video game, not a specific one. Of course, it would be interesting what game she would have bought him had she actually had any intention of keeping her end of the bargain.

"Well, that and the fact that the game he asked for was Final Fantasy XIV Online."

Ha ha dumbass SCADOOOSHHH! lmao could not resist!

Robot Overlord:

EeveeElectro:

Well, Percosets are perscription... It's quite abit heavier than panodil or what ever you're thinking of

And she prolly could of sold em for way more than the cost of whatever shitty game she would of left him with.

She's addicted to painkillers. Sentencing her to prison will do nothing to help her condition. She's going to be back on them the moment she's out. This is the problem with the world today. Instead of helping people we choose to simply throw them in a cell and forget about them and when they come out even more violent and crazed than before we've got no one but us to blame.

Eugh. Whatever she's taking seems like one hell of a drug.

Pardon me, but that is one unfortunate-looking woman.

Drugs will do that to you, I suppose.

Greg Tito:
It's a story heard all too often these days. A woman wanted something, and she offered everything a little boy could want in exchange. Get your mind out of the gutter, that something was a videogame.

Oh, good. I though you were turning into Fark for a second there.

(Your dog wants Super Meat Boy.)

FFXIV launched in september, if i recall, doubt he asked for it, that part was probably a joke :)

Anyways the mugshot made me sad :/

I can see what's going on here. A 9 year old kid who hasn't been taught about stuff like this wants something and blindly steals something for the cesspit of stupid that is FFXIV Online. If it were a stranger, I hope he wouldn't have, but his neighbor? Maybe. You'd have to be a bit dull, but you're already asking for FFXIV Online, so that proves something about his intelligence.

just fill the bottle with vitamins shell never know hehe

Way to represent Maine! Thanks......ugh

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Posting on this forum is disabled.