Banned WoW Gamer Offers $1,000 To Get Account Back

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Banned WoW Gamer Offers $1,000 To Get Account Back

If you get banned from playing WoW, you probably shouldn't offer a cash bribe via Craigslist to get the account reactivated. We'll only just make fun of you for it.

Getting hit by the banhammer is never easy to endure, especially if the blow results in a permanent suspension from one's favorite MMO. While trying to appeal the ban might get the decision reversed, it usually won't, and there's really only one way to deal with this sort of scenario: Accept it and move on. Trying to hire an account admin on the sly in order to reactivate the account, on the other hand, probably isn't the best move.

A World of Warcraft gamer out in Irvine, California, recently got (in his or her opinion) unjustly banned. According to the story posted online: "I got my WoW account banned yesterday during the archaeology bot ban wave. I wasn't a gold farmer or seller, never bought gold. I just botted archaeology because it's a boring profession."

As a result, the player is now trying to blatantly bribe an account admin to reactivate the account via an ad on Craigslist:

I'm looking for a WoW Account Admin ([email protected]) to unban my account for $1000 USD. No questions asked - your anonymity will be preserved.

This is a serious offer. I live locally and can meet you in person wherever you like with cash, PayPal you money as a gift (non-refundable and non-disputable by me), leave an envelope under a tree, or pay you in any other manner you prefer. You will definitely get your money if I get my account back. You will have my full information - name, address, everything. Email me and I will give you my phone number and we can talk.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that nobody at Blizzard would risk their job for a thousand bucks, especially to help someone out who was openly breaking the rules. Also, if your WoW account means that much to you, then maybe you shouldn't do something to put said account at risk. You know, like cheating.

Source: Craigslist via Massively

i loled pretty hard i love me some fail

This is amusing. He'll be better off anyway by the looks of things.

He's right. Archaeology is boring as hell. Take it from someone who has the recipe, the bug mount, Dumb Bitch's Bestest Doll, the Clockwork Gnome, Ammunae's Life Staff, and the Claw pet. Also, 3 capped Archaeologists.

That said, I'll pain my way through it. There's plenty of money to be made, and botting is just dumb.

Edit: Complaining here seems to be good luck. The Dwarven staff proc'd for me not too long after. Go RNGesus! >.<

And yet I imagine that theres going to be pages of posts siding and agreeing with her while calling Blizzard out on something or other.

Though yeah, not the best of ideas...

HAHAAA That's funny.....
"envelope under a tree"

If you're going to have a shady exchange than you have to go all out, and get trench coasts and disguises and whatnot.
The more conspicuous the better.

If it was unjust, appeal it, they have very easy ways of double checking.

Frankly he wouldn't jump to this so soon if it wasn't a legitimate ban, so...sucks.

And yes Archeology is the dead sea of boring.
The pinnacle of " THERE IS NOTHING LEFT FOR ME TO DO "

It's astounding really, I thought fishing achievements would be the ultimate of how deep that could go. I was wrong.

Yeah, I'm sure their anonymity would be preserved all right, bceause Blizzard wouldn't have records of what admins are doing. Person is a dumbass.

"I got my WoW account banned yesterday during the archaeology bot ban wave. I wasn't a gold farmer or seller, never bought gold. I just botted archaeology because it's a boring profession."
To damn bad if you think its boring, thats not an excuse to cheat. People who rationalize like that are just trying to blame their cheating habits on other people. Drives me nuts.

Paying money through envelopes under trees is completely legitimate.

Charli:
If it was unjust, appeal it, they have very easy ways of double checking.

Frankly he wouldn't jump to this so soon if it wasn't a legitimate ban, so...sucks.

And yes Archeology is the dead sea of boring.
The pinnacle of " THERE IS NOTHING LEFT FOR ME TO DO "

It's astounding really, I thought fishing achievements would be the ultimate of how deep that could go. I was wrong.

I've been leveling my Archaeology today, I could honestly say I longed to drop everything and learn fishing.

Newbie mistake. It isn't good business to make shady deals on public sites. Everyone knows it's best to scout a good target, have a plan of action before you make your move, and make your offer, placing an emphasis or the seriousness of the offer, while retaining as much anonymity as possible. Basics, basics, basics. They'll get you every time if you don't respect them.

Sounds like an easy 1000 dollars to me, just email him, leave the envelope under a tree at so and so, You have to trust me because you proved you can't be trusted by breaking a law binding agreement already, No questions asked about it, I'll unban your account surrrrrrrre...
No you can't know who I am blah blah blah... on an off note archeology IS boreing, just like grinding anything else in wow.

Most people at blizzard are probably making a thousand bucks a week already

Boting is just stupid, if you don't want to play the game then just don't play it's simple as that. If you find archaeology to be a piss boring profession (which oh my freaking god it is) then just don't level it and wait for blizzard to fix it somewhere down the line so it doesn't suck so much.

He knew what he was doing was wrong yet has rationalized that he is immune to the rules. Enjoy your ban homie.

I lolz hard. Epic Fail.

Hi there, I am an account admin at Blizzard. I hear you've been wrongfully banned, and that nobody will listen to your no doubt superb reasons for why you should be un-bnned. Well, I can help, and I certainly welcome the gift. Unfortunately, I won't be in town due to a business meeting in Hong Kong, but my associate, the Prince of Nigeria, will be happy to make some arrangement with you. Once we'll have the money, your account will be unbanned, and we'll even throw in some gold as a thank-you.
Best,
The Spanish National LotteryYour friendly Blizzard account admin

I love when I get a chance to use this image. It's just so fitting.

Wow isn't addictive, oh no. You can give it up anytime you want.

I know how it feels to risk the b& hammer to automate a repetitive timesink, and my heart goes out to the guy.

Developers really need to stop rewarding players for easily automated tasks.

But hell, no guts no glory!

You need to get that "Bad Idea" Image made into an actual stamp.

OT: I suppose people's WoW accounts are worth quite a bit to people. Though $1000 is quite a hefty sum of cash.

Though I'd hate to be banned from here I don't think I could afford $1000 bucks to bribe an Admin.

I'll get this out of the way. I think he / she (though for some reason I'm leaning he on this) is an idiot for botting in the first place and should have just done something more interesting if it was that arduous. Most things in WoW suck on actual fun derived from gameplay time put in, maybe try a more directly entertaining game.

Now on to what I really want to know.

How does Blizzard go about perma-banning someone from Battle.Net?

Stupid kid

Scout target employees (disgruntled is good), anonymously approach target (simple hood to hid from cameras). If fish do not bite try another employee.

Or take the easy way out and START A NEW ACCOUNT, STUPID.

He broke the rules. Whats even worse is now he's trying to BRIBE them...

Stupid people are funny. If you find Archaeology boring, as 99% of the WoW-playing population does, then just don't do it. Don't cheat to get the rewards and then bitch when it bites you in the ass. You cheated, you got caught, now deal with it.

He thinks he was unjustly banned for botting what a bloody moron.

"I just botted archaeology because it's a boring profession." There is a simple solution to that without having to break the rules: if it's a boring profession don't fucking level it. Don't break the rules then bitch when you get caught.

NezumiiroKitsune:
Now on to what I really want to know.

How does Blizzard go about perma-banning someone from Battle.Net?

They perma-banned his WoW account not his Bnet account. The Bnet account is the Overlord account while things like SC2, WoW account, and any other game you may have registered with it are separate entities under the main account.

Now granted I'm sure they have a way to outright ban the entire Bnet account but in this case only his WoW account got hit with the hammer he should be fine playing anything else on the Bnet account.

Obey the law citizen.

Yep, I lolled too.

What a loser. Not for getting banned, but for actually being willing to pay a GRAND for his account back. And on craigslist of all things.

I wonder what the legal ramifications of parting a fool and his money are? Probably a fraud count, at least...

Gotta say though, it wouldn't take a whole lot of effort to fraud this guy out of his $1,000. Fortunately for him, I myself am far too honest to even bring myself to do this, bloody parents and their bloody teaching, bah!

Edit: Upon rereading my own post, I feel the need to restate IN BIG BOLD LETTERS, THAT I DO NOT IN ANYWAY SUPPORT OR ENCOURAGE ACTS OF FRAUD AS SUCH ACTIONS ARE ILLEGAL AND LIKELY TO NET YOU A NICE HEFTY JAIL SENTENCE WHERE YOU WILL BECOME "BUBBA'S" NEW WIFE

The only thing that would make this more pathetic is if someone imitating a WoW admin took his thousand dollars and didn't do jackshit. It seems like he is willing to give the money away first. I wouldn't be surprised if a real Blizzard admin took his money and didn't do anything. Who would believe him if he complained. He is already a cheater and plus he would have to tell someone he offered a thousand dollars to reactivate his account. Either way he comes across as desparate and willing to say or do anything to get his account reactivated.

If he found the job so boring he had to bot it, then it's not such a bad thing he got banned. Now he'll have the time to do things that aren't boring.

I would like to be paid $1000 for this amazing insight. Paypal account forthcoming.

He should have offered a bigger bribe just to make this funnier.

You know, I thought about getting a bot for a while for just this reason. Then I decided the risks were too great, and just ground it out like everyone else. Now, I happily fly around for hours at a time doing nothing, followed by short spurts of doing slightly less than nothing. Archaeology sucks, but damnit I want that fossil raptor mount. If I can deal with it, so can this guy.

On a side note, I wonder how many people will pose as admins to get their hands on that cash...

The_root_of_all_evil:
Wow isn't addictive, oh no. You can give it up anytime you want.

I'm not addicted, let's just talk it over, no, no, no, dammit, no, don't cut me off, here's a grand if you want, no, you're killing me, this is last I promise... goddammit I need my fix you bastard!

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here