Rebecca Black "Honored" With Sith-Tastic Parody Song

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Rebecca Black "Honored" With Sith-Tastic Parody Song

The world's semi-official back-up Darth Vader is trying his hand at a pop career.

Rebecca Black's song, "Friday" became incredibly popular - or least, very widely watched online - earlier this month, after the internet erupted in scorn over the song's less-than-amazing lyrics. The song even drew the attention of a Sith Lord - well, the brother of a Sith Lord - who felt that the lackluster song deserved a parody.

Chad Vader, who is the star of the parody web show, Chad Vader: Day Shift Manager, is supposedly the less capable and charismatic brother of Darth Vader. As the show's title implies, Chad works as the day shift manager at a local supermarket, where his efforts to emulate his older sibling are met with indifference from his staff. Chad is the creation of Aaron Yonda and Matt Sloan, who provide Chad's body and voice respectively. Sloan has also appeared in Soul Calibur 4 and the Force Unleashed games, providing the voice for the elder Vader brother in a slightly more official capacity.

The song not only parodies the Rebecca Black's original ditty, but also takes a pop at the numerous other parody songs that Black inspired. Chad rides his bike, goes to work, and runs through the various days of the week and the order that they come in. He then laments that singing the song will remove what little coolness he had, before abandoning it to go wait for the fourth season of his web show.

A parody from would-be Sith Lord probably wasn't the start that Rebecca Black really wanted for her music career, but the song seems more like good-natured ribbing rather than a cruel attack. One thing's for certain however, Chad definitely shouldn't quit his day job.

Source: Blastr

I find his lack of tone... disturbing.

Speaking of Friday...

GUESS WHAT DAY IT IS?!

Onyx Oblivion:
Speaking of Friday...

GUESS WHAT DAY IT IS?!

March 25th?
OP: I chuckled. I'm a fan of Chad Vader.

Impressive.... most impressive....

Had a nice laugh watching the whole thing.

Much as I love everything star wars, I can't handle listening to that song yet again. I don't know where Black came from, but I wish she'd go back. That damn song is everywhere and it sucks, even the parody >.<

Seach your feelings, you know it's Friday!

Though I don't think it was the most well done thing ever, I really enjoyed his lyrics.

I think the Brock Dub is still my favorite.

I uh...what...I'm pretty speechless.

This is much better then the original!

Daystar Clarion:
I find his lack of tone... disturbing.

The ability to reach over 40 million hits on youtube is insignificant next to the power of the Chad.

Ya, this song is pretty bad, but Chad makes it pretty funny.

Wait! It was Chad Vader in The Force Unleashed? No wonder I beat him so easily.

Well, this one is my favorite:

Huh. Is it weird that I was completely unaware that this Rebecca Black person (and her song's apparently execrable lyrics) existed until just now, when I read about someone parodying it? I mean, the article says that "the internet erupted in scorn", and hey, I'm on the internet and also super scornful, but this is the first I'm hearing about this new thing we apparently all hate (and have unintentionally made popular by hating it).

Oh well, maybe the next new trendy item on the hate bandwagon won't completely slip my notice before parody videos start surfacing.

The worst song ever written went viral on the internet. How ironic.

tautologico:

My grindcore cover is better than that awful deathcore tripe

My favourite is the Censored version.
It should all be bleeped out, but you can't have everything...

She's made how many millions from this song already? This only proves that eh more you hate her, the more powerful she becomes.

Haha I saw this the other day, and had a good laugh. Enjoyed watching it again though.

Double post, sorry.

Duffeknol:

tautologico:

No, the quality was awful. Stop trying to be 'tr00'.

MrJKapowey:

******* in the back seat... lol

MrJKapowey:

If you look in the bottom left corner, there is a fully censored version.

TODAY IS FRIDAY! Yesterday was Thursday and tomorrow will be Saturday! (after that it's Sunday!)

Adam28:

MrJKapowey:

If you look in the bottom left corner, there is a fully censored version.

Cool, I thought that was the whole video but doen as the first one was.

Onyx Oblivion:
Speaking of Friday...

GUESS WHAT DAY IT IS?!

Don't remind me, I COULD be spending time with my girlfriend tonight, she COULD be spending her night at my place tonight but NO! I have night shift work, ugh

Meh.
This one is better:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R55e-uHQna0

It has Fahrvergnügen

Love the parodies. Every one of them, even shitty ones, are better than the original.

As with Beiber people only have themselves to blame for the monsters they have created.

Icehearted:
She's made how many millions from this song already? This only proves that eh more you hate her, the more powerful she becomes.

I don't necessarily hate her. I find her a pretty poor singer who had been given even crappier lyrics to sing in a silly teenage setting.

She's more funny than bad, anyways. That's why people like making fun of her. I think there's more genuine dislike of Bieber than of Rebecca Black, simply because we made her popular with all the parodies and jokes.

Duffeknol:

tautologico:

They are both apsolute shite.

"i should stop singing now" part cracked me up really bad

Wuggy:

Duffeknol:

tautologico:

No, the quality was awful. Stop trying to be 'tr00'.

hahahhahaha WHAT? Me? Tr00? And of course it's awful you dolt, that's the whole point. Seriously did you even listen to the whole one minute of my song? Yeah, it's totally serious. Super tr00. I'm glad you got it. FFS.

Captain Bobbossa:

They are both apsolute shite.

I apsolutely agree.

The amusing thing is that Rebecca Black is just a parody of similar artists that are only 13 or sound like they're on helium. So everyone is parodying a parody. So who wins?

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here