Rebecca Black "Honored" With Sith-Tastic Parody Song

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Don't wanna embed the video cuz I know how the mods get twitchy when the forums go all imageboard, but there's a hilarious "Bob Dylan" cover of Friday that's...actually...not bad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FISHEO3gsM

And the comments are fucking hysterical.

"My father, a veteran of the Vietnam War, used to play this song for me when I was a kid. He told me that his platoon would listen to it as a reminder that they would soon be going back home to the U.S. and see their friends. The song refers to when the transports would arrive on Fridays and how the "front seat" was symbolic of going home as a survivor, or going home in the "back seat" as a fallen comrade. Thus the phrase "he took a back seat" became a light hearted farewell among the men."

"In '68 I was caught stealing this Dylan record from a store in Miami. The judge told me I could spend two days in jail or do a tour of duty in Southeast Asia doing some black ops s*** for my Uncle Sam. A month later I was on a Huey near the Laos border when a RPG hit our rear rudder. I woke up on a cot in an army field hospital with a priest reading my last rites. I asked him what day it was and he smiled and said "it's Friday, man. You got this." I knew right then I was going to be ok."

"Kicking in the front seat, sitting in the back seat, gotta make my mind up, which seat can I take?" A master of metaphor, Dylan was referring to the choice faced by many young adults during the political and social upheaval of late 60's: whether to conform to the increasingly authoritarian system of police oppression (ie, the front seat of the squad car) or to fight for change and join the mounting opposition, risking persecution (ie, the back seat of the squad car). A timeless classic."

"Chicago 1968, me and two buddies were hauling ass from a real bad scene. The street was on fire. This bus rolled past, and this guy was hollering out of it to me and my two buddies to hurry and jump on, and we all ran after. I made it. They didn't. I rode alone in the front seat and slept in the back seat for three days straight. Tell you what, I never blinked once. This song came on the fourth morning as we were rolling in on New Orleans, 7AM, Friday. Makes me cry ever time I hear it. Thank you Bob. God bless."

"My daughter asked for a bowl of cereal this morning and I nearly burst into tears."

I love the internet.

ShadowKatt:
Much as I love everything star wars, I can't handle listening to that song yet again. I don't know where Black came from, but I wish she'd go back. That damn song is everywhere and it sucks, even the parody >.<

"God: give us back Ronnie James Dio and Jimi Hendrix, and we'll give you back Rebecca Black and Justin Bieber.``

I commented on his video and said that he still had my respect and he was still cool, in reference to him saying in the song he lost all credibility.

T8B95:

ShadowKatt:
Much as I love everything star wars, I can't handle listening to that song yet again. I don't know where Black came from, but I wish she'd go back. That damn song is everywhere and it sucks, even the parody >.<

"God: give us back Ronnie James Dio and Jimi Hendrix, and we'll give you back Rebecca Black and Justin Bieber.``

*raises hand*

God, can I have something different than him?

Does it have to be Hendrix? Out of everyone from the 1970s, does it HAVE to be Hendrix?

T8B95:

Better yet, take Black, Bieber, all their ilk and everyone that likes them, and give us back Cobain. In one fell swoop you will save the music industry from itself.

Gxas:
Though I don't think it was the most well done thing ever, I really enjoyed his lyrics.

I think the Brock Dub is still my favorite.

Wow I am quoting this just in the hope more people watch it!

The end was amazing!

News Flash!

"Rebecca Black Gets Signed With the Help of Ryan Seacrest!"

omg,it's the begining of the end of the music world.

(well there are a few other "talent's" that could be said to have brought down the music world)

PS I love the Brock Dub parody

This was awesome. Chad rocks.

THIS is the best Friday video.

Behold

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzfQwXEqYaI

I'de like to direct all of you to this song. These kinds of songs are going to start flooding the world.

Yea that was terribly unfunny...I hope his other videos are better.

Parody = Winning (a contest amongst idiots, that is)

Real song = Apocalypse now please.

Whoever wrote the "real" song's lyrics should be taken behind the shed and disappear off to a "farm" somewhere.

I honestly think that the original is just so bad that nobody can make a good parody without some of the shitiness rubbing off. Everything else is just a stupid cover which will definitely have the original's awfulness rub off. I dunno, it's all soooooo bad that the only amusing thing that I can imagine coming from this terrible motion in craptacular Youtube videos is if the original/original "artist"[1] get madly trolled.

[1] Bah ha ha ha ha!!! That's rich...

Death metal friday>everything else, and i'm not even into death metal.

Rationalization:
Snip.

Thats pretty good actually.
Clearly not aimed at people like us, but its by no means bad.

Besides the pointless and generic rap -.-
Why do all songs insist on having those in songs nowadays?

And I like this version best btw ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqvlFB3TGHc

MrJKapowey:
My favourite is the Censored version.
It should all be bleeped out, but you can't have everything...

That wasn't very well done. now "The Count" censord was amazing!

I prefer this version, but in all seriousness, how does the original class as a song?!

Of all the dubs or parodies to make into news, why this one? (Why any of them?)

teknoarcanist:
Don't wanna embed the video cuz I know how the mods get twitchy when the forums go all imageboard, but there's a hilarious "Bob Dylan" cover of Friday that's...actually...not bad.

Wow, I never thought I'd ever be able to sit through friday. On top of that, the comments almost made me spit out my drink. Thanks for the link, fucking brilliant.

ShadowKatt:

T8B95:

ShadowKatt:

*raises hand*

God, can I have something different than him?

Does it have to be Hendrix? Out of everyone from the 1970s, does it HAVE to be Hendrix?

It doesn't have to be Hendrix. If you want, it can be Skynrd. Actually, yes. God, if you're listening, disregard the preceding. Keep Hendrix, and even Dio. Just give us back LYNRD SKYNRD!

This version is better than all others.

Gildan Bladeborn:
Huh. Is it weird that I was completely unaware that this Rebecca Black person (and her song's apparently execrable lyrics) existed until just now, when I read about someone parodying it?

My thoughts exactly.

I'm thinking I was better off not knowing. That's a pretty weak song and her singing isn't capable of making it sound better than it is.

Daystar Clarion:
I find his lack of tone... disturbing.

Why must threads be won so swiftly? Fine, here's your internetz, now get out of here. Get! Maybe next time you'll have some patience and not post first. Sheesh.

teknoarcanist:

They certainly are. And yet, a conundrum: for this being the Internet, we also must confront the possibility that someone's going to find that video and think it really is a Dylan song. There's already been one who apparently thinks the joke "back in the day" comments are serious. Much madness may yet be unleashed.

Vrach:

Daystar Clarion:
I find his lack of tone... disturbing.

Why must threads be won so swiftly? Fine, here's your internetz, now get out of here. Get! Maybe next time you'll have some patience and not post first. Sheesh.

I'm sorry...

The shame I feel can only be cleansed through a tasking on the scorpion wheel.

Onyx Oblivion:
Speaking of Friday...

GUESS WHAT DAY IT IS?!

Shabbos

http://www.videos-musics.com/rebecca-black/friday-cover-by-matt-mulholland-video_1ed1336dc.html
This and chad are the two good things to come out of this. When I heard this song this wednesday I felt like a part of me died. I don't think I can forgive my friend for telling me to watch the original video, but I guess it would've been inevitable bc it even creeped onto the escapist.
fun fact: she wasn't the writer of the song. However, she did sing it without objection. I think that makes it worse.

I love the parodies, just shows that the real genius shows after a song get's released.

I'd say he should be tossed into a volcano, but... eh, it's been done.

Alar:

Icehearted:
She's made how many millions from this song already? This only proves that eh more you hate her, the more powerful she becomes.

I don't necessarily hate her. I find her a pretty poor singer who had been given even crappier lyrics to sing in a silly teenage setting.

She's more funny than bad, anyways. That's why people like making fun of her. I think there's more genuine dislike of Bieber than of Rebecca Black, simply because we made her popular with all the parodies and jokes.

You do have a point. A lot of people are hatin' on her parents and Apex, which makes even less sense. It's not like they had any idea this could happen. I've talked to a few of these folks, and their reasoning boils down to "they had to have seen this coming; it's the Internet!" Whereupon I respond "this has roughly the same odds as winning the lottery. If Apex knew this was coming, wouldn't they have charged more than a few thousand bucks?"

On the other hand, I wouldn't care about Justin if every single YouTube video didn't have a comment comparing it to him. Now I want to defend him out of sheer contrariness.

Icehearted:
She's made how many millions from this song already? This only proves that eh more you hate her, the more powerful she becomes.

All the money will go to the guy who wrote the song and the record company, she isn't going to be getting THAT much.

This reaction could be the best thing that could have happened for Rebecca. Now maybe she'll be able to lead a relatively normal life as that girl who sung that one amazingly bad song on YouTube that everyone made parodies of back in march of 2011 instead of becoming another teenage pop star who goes insane.

While I think everyone involved in this video should go hide under their bed in shame for at least a year in penance for unleashing that atrocity, particular raspberries need to be awarded to the rapper guy. What the hell was he thinking?

My friends, that was it. Rap is officially dead. That was the death knoll, right there. We have all witnessed a moment in history.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here