George Takei Demonstrates Why He Should Play Spider-Man

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Slightly creepy, but completely hilarious. I love this guy.

Not only would I watch this, but I respect George for knowing his mythology. Look at his hands when he tries to shoot webbing, if you know what to look for you'll be right there with me.

And that's why I love George Takei.

...Aweome in solid form!

I would pay to see George as Spider man.

I'd happily pay lots of money for Takei to be Spider-Man, just not that creepily...

Rivers Wells:
George Takei wasn't already a super hero?

My question exactly.

That was funny and entertaining, give George the part, I'll pay good money to see him as Spiderman.

Sorry, not a fan of George Takei in anything he has ever done also last I checked the character Peter Parker was young and not old and is shown in movies, tv shows, video games, comic books, etc. as white. (Not trying to appear racist just trying to keep to source material.)

So sorry I don't think so. However if he wanted to try to audition for a villain perhaps...

This is the greatest thing forever.

PHAHAH, what a great sense of humour mr. takei has!

^^ He certainly did have the whole package. "Oh my" indeed.

I could have lived my whole life without seeing that last close up with him saying, "Oh My". That being said Spider Man does not deserve the talent that is George Takei. What Takei deserves for acts like this are beyond the reach of man.

Harbinger_:
Sorry, not a fan of George Takei in anything he has ever done also last I checked the character Peter Parker was young and not old and is shown in movies, tv shows, video games, comic books, etc. as white. (Not trying to appear racist just trying to keep to source material.)

So sorry I don't think so. However if he wanted to try to audition for a villain perhaps...

You do realize that this is a joke and that Tekei is just using this video to promote the actual Broadway musical that is is already in..... right?

"And I've got great insurance."
Oh man, what a perfect jab at the production. Also, I'm glad he wasn't being serious, when I saw the title, I feared the worst.

Yes. Do it. Do it now, and do it fast. I want to see this happen.

RoBi3.0:

Harbinger_:

You do realize that this is a joke and that Tekei is just using this video to promote the actual Broadway musical that is is already in..... right?

Actually no I honestly had no idea.

The phaser was a nice touch, though I think a Glock would of been funnier.

When I saw this for the first time, my thoughts immediately went to "... why didn't they finish that song?"

So I did it for them.

Spider-Man, Spider-Man, George Takei should be Spider-Man
He's a vet, and he's sly
All-around awesome guy
Takeeeeeeeei! He should be Spider-Maaaaaaaaan!

Is he good? Listen, bud
He's got musicals in his blood
He can swing from a thread
Just don't let him fall on his head

Packed house eeeeev'ry night! Ev'ry scene is sublime!
When you hiiiiit the lights, he will sing, dance and rhyme!

Spider-Man! Spider-Man! Friendly George Takei Spider-Man!
By his fans he's adored
Big checks aaaaaare his reward!
Hey there! If you have got some haaaaaaaang-ups
His job will be just baaaaaang-up
TAKEI AS SPIDER-MAAAAAAAAAAAAN!

HAHAHAHA that's an awesome rendition of the song. Maybe they'll incorporate that into his 2nd audition tape :P

See, all this proves is that George Takei should be in Goddamn everything. Also, that the Nietzschean superman exists and is a really really gay Asian man.

George Takei is too damn likeable to find creepy, and has an awesome sense of humor about himself

The video destroyed about 85% of my mind.

KoDOmega:
When I saw this for the first time, my thoughts immediately went to "... why didn't they finish that song?"

So I did it for them.

Spider-Man, Spider-Man, George Takei should be Spider-Man
He's a vet, and he's sly
All-around awesome guy

Is he good? Listen, bud
He's got musicals in his blood
He can swing from a thread
Just don't let him fall on his head

Packed house eeeeev'ry night! Ev'ry scene is sublime!
When you hiiiiit the lights, he will sing, dance and rhyme!

Spider-Man! Spider-Man! Friendly George Takei Spider-Man!
By his fans he's adored
Big checks aaaaaare his reward!
Hey there! If you have got some haaaaaaaang-ups
His job will be just baaaaaang-up
TAKEI AS SPIDER-MAAAAAAAAAAAAN!

And this managed to get the other 15%. Pardon me, I need to have a lie-down now. *thud*

Essily, the creepiest thing I have ever seen in the past 5 minutes!

Hah, that was awesome. Phaser for the win. Oh, and Takei of course.

I would hire him and make it a comedy.

Bravo. Takei sure has mastered the ancient art of the creep-on. My hat's off to him.

I pray when Spiderman 663 comes out, they hire him to play as the wrinkly web-spinner.

Seriously, that was fucking awesome.

I didn't think it were possible for Mr Takei to be even more amazing, clearly I was very wrong. He is exactly what a Spiderman reboot needs.

KAPTAINmORGANnWo4life:
Is there a single Star Trek alumnus that isn't awesome?

I wonder if it attracts awesome people or just turns them into their current state of awesome.

That song at the end made me laugh so hard!

subtlefuge:

KAPTAINmORGANnWo4life:
Is there a single Star Trek alumnus that isn't awesome?

I wonder if it attracts awesome people or just turns them into their current state of awesome.

We would need an exemption though for the cast of the new reboot though, most of them have the charisma of a limp noodle.

The exception being Simon Pegg though, he is awesome.

Sorry, weird double posting :(

Woo thanks for posting this.

I love Takei, long time fan, and this is just pure win. :)

He might actually be able to save that piece of Garbage.

Takei seems to have forgotten that 'Pow!' is 60s BATMAN.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here