Rebecca Black's "Friday" Gets Unofficial Game Boy Game

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Rebecca Black's "Friday" Gets Unofficial Game Boy Game

Navigating a virtual world as Rebecca Black could be the toughest gaming challenge of all time.

Anyone that hasn't seen the music video for Rebecca Black's "Friday" is depriving themselves of one of the greatest musical compositions the universe has ever known. Trust me on this one. YouTube's "smalesandpayne" have turned the story of the song into a Game Boy Color game, and boy is it tough.

First, players have to get out of bed. As if that wasn't enough, then they have to get dressed in "fresh" clothes. I know, impossible right?

Future quests ask Rebecca to "go downstairs," "get cereal," and "go to the bus stop," only rewarding players with a thumbs up each time. If Rebecca can make it through those horrors, she's faced with the game's first real dilemma.

Her friends pull up in a car with 5 seats, already holding 4 passengers. Rebecca has to choose a seat, but she can't sit in one that's already occupied. If she uses up all of her hearts picking the wrong seat, a rapper makes fun of her.

The game is only an animation at the moment, but I'd give up my weekends for a year to see an actual version made. It looks fun, fun, fun, fun. I just hope it comes with a strategy guide.

Source: Reddit

I'm scared for humanity that this song exists. D:
Still, everything is better on the GBC! ;D

I like the chiptune version.

Finally! Game that will help train me in which seat to take when on a road trip with friends!

Im sick of making those silly mistakes! NO MORE WILL I PICK THE WRONG SEAT! HUZZAR!!

Love'd the SML game over at the end XD

Pilkingtube:

Yeah, about that... there's an even worse song than Friday now :P

Dammit, why didn't they pick the right seat? I wanted to see a GBC version of the awkwardly dancing friend. :(

We so excited for this game, so excited.

"Fresh" clothes? Thank you, now I know how to do that :D

I prefer these version though...xD

Is it wrong that I found the chiptune version pretty catchty?

The sarcasm meter is off charts for the year with this review.

anyway, I hope Nintendo cracks down on this.

That is pretty funny, but the sound effects were starting to annoy me.

Not to question everyones music taste since it mathers not in this case,but what makes this song so different and better than all those pop girly songs? Some time ago there we're young singers like Norah Jones who even if I didn't care about that kind of music you could tell she had talent. but this is just dull music with retarded lyrics and I'm not even hating on the song.

Simalacrum:

Pilkingtube:

Wow... I didn't think it was possible, but I stand corrected!

Simalacrum:

Pilkingtube:

......Oh dear lawd! D:

OT: To be fair, I'd play it :3

Simalacrum:

Pilkingtube:

God help us we're all doomed, DOOMED!

Captcha: beright 1976, wtf

I'm surprised it took this long.

...A game that hard needs a "continue" option.

Simalacrum:

Pilkingtube:

I feel like she's taken bits of other songs and stuck it in there, also did u notice how they are all missing one tooth?

Fuckin' A...

This seems to be too much work for a parody. I wouldn't touch it with a 30 foot pole, even if it was free. I wouldn't touch that Friday song with a 30 foot pole, either, but I find it hard to believe that someone put this much work towards parodying a piece of shit.

Pilkingtube:

Have you heard the Christian version of the song? It's called Sunday. Unfortunately despite saying "Parody Video" it is a real video by a church trying to gain media attention.

Simalacrum:

MY EARS...THEY BLEED!

I would buy this if it was real.

Ahhh... internet, never ceases to amaze me.

When will her humiliation end...

Simalacrum:

Pilkingtube:

Sooooo...is this something we're going to have to live with for the next few months? Every 12 year old with a video camera and Windows Movie Maker poorly auto-tuning their voices and believing they have talent?

Scorched_Cascade:

Pilkingtube:

Have you heard the Christian version of the song? It's called Sunday. Unfortunately despite saying "Parody Video" it is a real video by a church trying to gain media attention.

Nothing rhymes with orange. Let's go to church!

I was ok until that part. Then I lost it.

Balaxe:
We so excited for this game, so excited.

Ninja'd
but seriously i figured i'd play around in the MGS portable ops multiplayer a couple fridays ago
and the only server was called REBECCA BLACK FRIDAY.

Simalacrum:

Pilkingtube:

My hate for this song knows NO BOUNDS

Simalacrum:

Pilkingtube:

I left this on the vid, but isnt that the girl who used to talk about jeans that were handmedowns and was advertising some kinda washing detergent?

Simalacrum:

Pilkingtube:

Um no. Its lyrics at the very least are more creative, Friday's lyrics sound like the writer only had 5 minutes to do them and had a ice pick going through his brain, this at least was more creative then "Yesterday was Thursday, tomorrow it is Saturday after that is Sunday". Hell I didn't even find the song all that annoying, just bland.

Simalacrum:

Pilkingtube:

Dear God she looks like Screech from "Saved by the Bell". These videos are satirical right... as in a joke, not real, trolling, fake right? RIGHT!?!

-Samurai-:

Scorched_Cascade:

Pilkingtube:

Nothing rhymes with orange. Let's go to church!

I was ok until that part. Then I lost it.

Am I the only one who wants BP and Master E at their next Birthday?

To be honest I kind of feel bad for just posting an image and nothing else, but there's only so much discussion to be gained from a fictional game boy colour adaptation of a bad song.

Simalacrum:

Pilkingtube:

To be fair..those jeans are pretty fabulous.

I hope they'll come out with a playable version soon. Just the possibility of playing it makes me excited. Me me me so excited.Me so excited.

You know, once upon a time I was shocked to realize how rich The Olsen Twins were, largely because I couldn't think of anything they had really done that should have made them that kind of money. The products I saw them attached to seemed second and third rate, and like equivilents to "Friday" albiet accross a decent amount of media.

At any rate, I wouldn't be shocked to learn that somehow Rebecca Black has been getting money off of this from ad hits, or "ironic" song downloads, and we'll find out she's a millionaire in a few months.

Just saying... people talk about how humiliated she should be, but at the same time I've been surprised to learn how much money have made off of things like Youtube channels, and her net fame has already lasted a little longer than most.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here