XBLA Holding One-Day-Only Sale for Five Big Games; Get 'em While They're Hot

XBLA Holding One-Day-Only Sale for Five Big Games; Get 'em While They're Hot

XBLA is here to help you out with your overabundance of funds by slashing prices on Limbo, Shadow Complex, and three other pretty awesome games.

For those of us who enjoy getting our gaming fix cheap (and really, who amongst us doesn't), the good people who run the Xbox Live Arcade have cut the prices in half for a couple of pretty awesome games.

For today only, you can pick up Limbo, Shadow Complex, TRIALS, Monday Night Combat, and Castle Crashers for 600 MS Points (that's $7.50 for those of us who think in terms of actual money) each, half the usual price. Considering that these are top-tier titles and not obscure, crummy games nobody would otherwise buy, that's a damn fine deal.

I can't personally attest to the excellence of all of these games, but I can in the cases of Limbo and Castle Crashers. Limbo, which won numerous awards and was the third best selling XBLA game of 2010, is an atmospheric game that puts you in the shoes of a little boy attempting to navigate a creepy, monochromatic world, solving puzzles and dying repeatedly in the process. It's one of my favorite arcade titles, and I highly advise you pick it up. Unless you are afraid of spiders, in which case I advise you to never, ever play this game.

Castle Crashers is not atmospheric or dark. It's also not entirely sane. What it is is a throwback to old-school arcade beat'em ups, with some of the best four player co-op I have ever had the pleasure to partake in. It was the best-selling arcade game of 2008, and for good reason.

As for the others, the reviews and awards speak rather well of them. Shadow Complex is one of the best-selling XBLA titles ever and has a stack of "Best Downloadable Game" awards and "5 out of 5" reviews a mile high. TRIALS was voted the best XBLA game of 2009. Monday Night Combat was given great reviews almost unanimously.

So there you have it. Five great games, all on sale. If you've got some spare cash burning a hole in your pocket, there are worse ways to spend it. Like on drugs.

Don't buy drugs.

If I would have got a warning on this I would have bought a few points cards and snagged me some titles, especially considering Monday Night Combat and Shadow Complex are in there. Alas, I can't use a credit card as I do not own one and therefore will be missing out of this.

Oooh. Guess I'll be stopping by my local Target on the way home from school to pick up an MSP card. Limbo and Shadow complex, here i come!

Scott Bullock:
So there you have it. Five great games, all on sale. If you've got some spare cash burning a hole in your pocket, there are worse ways to spend it. Like on drugs.

Don't buy drugs.

Video games are my drugs man.

I own none of these and can only afford 1. Anyone have any recommendations?

Without drugs, I doubt a game like limbo would have even been created. Lets be real. But for you kids out there, drugs are bad, mmkay

Scott Bullock:

Don't buy drugs.

Yet here you are, pushing electronic crack.

It's not a problem, I can stop anytime I like...

Scott Bullock:
Don't buy drugs.

You could have fucking said that EARLIER SCOTT!

Just DL'd Castle Crashers now. Finally, I've wanted it for ages.

Im a grab Limbo while its cheap. Cheers for the tip.

This really is a great bunch of deals. I might just have to finally buy Monday Night Combat...

They also have a bunch of good deals on DLC, including Halo map packs and Alan wake extras. Good stuff.

Shy_Guy:
This really is a great bunch of deals. I might just have to finally buy Monday Night Combat...

They also have a bunch of good deals on DLC, including Halo map packs and Alan wake extras. Good stuff.

Really? Well crap more deals I can't use.
I seem to be missing all the deals that I would spend points on while waiting for Microsoft to fix the problem with my points card and I am not buying anything from Microsoft until they fix it.

Scott Bullock:

Don't buy drugs.

*SNOOOORRRTTT*
What? *Brushes powder off nose*

I had Limbo from a while back, so I picked up Castle Crashers. Fun game!

j0frenzy:

MNC is a very fun shooter.
Castle Crashers is a very fun action beat em upish thing.
Limbo is a very fun puzzle game.
Trials is a very fun motorcycle game/physics simulator.
Shadow Complex is a game I've not played.

All of them are equally good in their own ways, IMHO. Pick which ever genre you like and be happy!

Lorechaser:

j0frenzy:

MNC is a very fun shooter.
Castle Crashers is a very fun action beat em upish thing.
Limbo is a very fun puzzle game.
Trials is a very fun motorcycle game/physics simulator.
Shadow Complex is a game I've not played.

All of them are equally good in their own ways, IMHO. Pick which ever genre you like and be happy!

I actually wound up getting Shadow Complex. Of the three I was most interested in, it was the one that I did not have something of a similar genre that I could rapidly play in its place.

This gets the Curious Stamp of Approval.

yes, they are great games..... Now release them on PC!!! I don't care if it's on steam, impulse, GoG or anything.

So do you need to be a gold member to get those sales?

9_6:
So do you need to be a gold member to get those sales?

Not at all. I'm on Xbox Live Free, and I bought all of them. :)

I wish they were only five dollars. Then I would buy one. I'm that cheap.

And I'm loling at most of just wanting to talk about drugs.

Monday Night Combat is the only one I don't own, and the demo was meh.

Trials HD is a must buy if you haven't already, tho beware the controller throw rage that will follow.

Shadow Complex was really cool as well. You should all at least try the demo.

I think everyone who was going to buy Castle Crashers and Limbo have already, but if not, again I say: try the demo at least.

Dammit, I'm trying to save up my money for a concert in July, but there's a new Humble Indie Bundle, another awesome Steam sale and now this.

Damn you escapist, why couldn't you post this earlier, damn you Microsoft for making this a one day deal and damn you confounded time zones. I've completely missed this great opportunity to purchase Limbo for half price, an opportunity I've been waiting for since last autumn because despite it's quality £10 for a four-five hour game just doesn't seem justified to me, especially when the re-playability factor isn't as high. What's strange is I checked the deals tab on live yesterday evening and despite the time differences it should still have been Friday in America so why weren't they showing up?

Now I'll just have to see if I have the patience to wait for another slashed price deal and stick to my principles.

I already own all of those, sadly.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here