Japanese Magazine Hints at New Pokemon Announcement

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Japanese Magazine Hints at New Pokemon Announcement

A new Pokemon title could be slated for announcement soon.

Pokemon Black & White might not be the only new Pokemon games that the world will see in 2011. Japanese magazine Dengeki appears to claim that the announcement of another new Pokemon game is coming in May.

The wording isn't explicitly clear, but Andriasang translates a blurb in the magazine to say that the July issue of Dengeki, which is released on May 21, will include "New Title Information" for the Pokemon series. When this kind of phrasing is used, it tends to refer to a new game.

Andriasang adds that a Pokemon title would likely be announced through a venue other than Dengeki, so if the blurb is referring to a new Pokemon game we could hear about it earlier from another source. Now that the possibility is there, we can at least speculate.

Black & White were released in Japan on September 18, 2010, and in the rest of the world in early March 2011, so the reveal of a main entry is incredibly unlikely. However, it seems like the series is due for another spin-off. This could mean that we'll see another Pokemon Ranger title, a Pokemon Mystery Dungeon title, or even something like Pokemon Pinball or Pokemon Trozei!. More likely than not, a new title would be announced for the Nintendo 3DS.

There have been multitudes of Pokemon spin-offs released over the years, so there's just no predicting what could come next. I'm going to go ahead and say that if something is announced, it'll either be that Pokemon MMO fans have been dreaming of for years, or a Pokemon flight simulator.

Source: Andriasang

Probably just a Gen 5 Wii game, like Stadium and Battle Revolution.

Eh, usually if it's not a new Pokemon game for the main series, I'm not really that interested in it.

Onyx Oblivion:

God, let's hope so. I just bought Black a week after launch.

Have they released that Pokémon TCG PC game yet? Might be that if not

Pokemon Snap 2? Pretty please, Nintendo?

Personal guess: it'll either be a Stadium / PBR-esque companion game for the Wii (but if it's dying soon would Nintendo really want that as a swansong?) or it'll be Pokemon Grey, or a similar Emerald/Platinum/Yellow style title.

Either that or another Ranger / Mystery Dungeon game as god knows there aren't enough of those yet...

Megacherv:

The PC game is already on their website. No PVP yet, but that's coming soon.

I'm more interested in Mankey being the chosen pokemon for the article. Not that it isn't adorable, but it's an interesting choice.

Megacherv:

I remember having a game where you could play the TCG against an AI. This was back in 1999 though.

OT: Maybe it's Pokemon Gray?

A Pokemon article not written by John Funk? This is madness!

OT: I'm hoping it's just a spinoff. I need time between the main RPGs. And I don't think they would announce Pokemon Gray or the R/S/E remake so soon.

Pokemon... THE FPS!

Use your poke-gun to shoot most pokemons with poke-bullets. ITS FUN FOR ALL THE FAMILY!

This isn't new, they already released a "Pokemon Typing DS" game, it's probably getting an English title and American and European release dates.

Unless this is something different, which is entirely possible.

Onyx Oblivion:

I would think so, PBR was released soon after gen 4 came out so I would not doubt a gen 5 PBR style game. Which is good as my DS hates my router.

I would say its announcing Pokemon Gray version (or whatever it will be called), but not this soon.

A Mysterious Dungeon, Ranger, Or PBR for the Wii is likely

My, have you all forgotten the 3DS already?

Does anyone still remember the very first time Nintendo admitted to the 3DS existing? That was just before E3 last year. They only gave two pieces of information. One, that it had 3D without glasses. Two, that the Pokémon team was given a devkit with "special priority", which I assume means "early."

Maybe I'm too hopeful, but I want a sequel to Colosseum/XD. Those games were awesome, and the 3DS is powerful enough to support that same kind of fun on the go. It's more likely to be Grey/Scarlet, but I can dream.

New title? Then surely for the rumored new Nintendo console.
After all, that will need Mario, Zelda, Metroid and Pokemon to get great sales :)

I'm betting the game will be similar to Yellow/Crystal/Emerald/Diamond. Where its not a brand new series, but essentially the same games in the series but with some extras.

I can has Trading Card Game for DS?

Onyx Oblivion:

*sigh* Probably. Let's just hope it has a bit more content than what they gave us for Battle Revolution.

Please an actual sequel to stadium! *crosses fingers*

Also I have to ask out of all the poke' related pics to use, why a Mankey?

I'm calling it: Pokemon Gray.

Just look at how it's been in the past: R/B got Yellow, G/S got Crystal, R/S got Emerald, D/P got Platnum several months to a year later.

mjc0961:
I can has Trading Card Game for DS?

Onyx Oblivion:

*sigh* Probably. Let's just hope it has a bit more content than what they gave us for Battle Revolution.

BR had content?

WHERE?

Onyx Oblivion:

Or better yet a Console Pokemon RPG, or a JRPG I guess.

Tomo Stryker:

Onyx Oblivion:

Or better yet a Console Pokemon RPG, or a JRPG I guess.

Better yet?

How 'bout no?

Those haven't turned out well at all.

Here's hoping on the unlikely that it'll be a full fledged console edition of the series. and I don't mean snap, or coliseum or hey you pikachu or what ever else. I mean An actual catch them all 3d full on games.

Side bet they just plunge the pokemon cookie cutter into the game dough and ship it out in the next year or two.

Another Pokemon game? WHAT A SHOCKER!!!

Megacherv:

I forgot about that! It's already been announced though so I don't know if it'll be that...there will likely be more info about that but the next new game will probably be different...unless of course there is a tie-in game coming to cartridges o.o!!

I still think it'll be an announcement for the 10-year re-release of Ruby and Sapphire. If it's a spin off than maybe a Tetris-Sphere style Trozei. It would be cool if the US gets Type and Get but I doubt that.

RedEyesBlackGamer:

Oh yes! Let my sadistic photography skills come to life again!

well let's not forget that every generation has its "bonus games" that is to say, Yellow, Crystal, Emerald and Platinum. I can't quite figure out what the new one will be though, I don't think "Pokemon Grey" will sell particularly well :/

God I hope its Pokemon TCG for the DS

RedEyesBlackGamer:

amen, Pokemon Snap was a legend umong pokemon games, so much fun ^_^ i still play it in fact!

Alphakirby:
Another Pokemon game? WHAT A SHOCKER!!!

Yes, how could they! It is so unfair for the people who just bought Black or White version. They haven't had the chance to play the life out of it!

OT: Seriously? Literally three weeks after releasing the last one and they are already announcing a new one? If its another Battle Coliseum one I hope they do more with it. Playing the one for Wii with my Brother gets boring real fast...

I'll bet good money it's pokemon Grey. Like, 10 bucks or something.

interspark:

RedEyesBlackGamer:

amen, Pokemon Snap was a legend umong pokemon games, so much fun ^_^ i still play it in fact!

Indeed. With the more advanced technology, they could do free-roaming, interactive world.

Snap is my favourite among the non-main pokemon games.

RedEyesBlackGamer:

THIS! THIS! THIS!

My eyes just broke from widening in surprise and my keyboard typing hands fell off my very arms when I read those news.
A new pokemon game. Never saw that one coming.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here