Assassin's Creed Reveal Coming If Enough People Want It

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Assassin's Creed Reveal Coming If Enough People Want It

Helping to bring a future Assassin's Creed game to light is as easy as clicking a button.

On April 29, Ubisoft may have accidentally unveiled some hints about a future Assassin's Creed game too early. Shortly after, however, it put the pieces in place on Facebook to make an official announcement.

You have to help out though. Head on over to the Assassin's Creed Facebook page, and once you're there click the "Like" button. That's it, you're done. Wasn't so hard, eh?

An "activity monitor" is currently filling up as people "like" the page, supposedly leading to the reveal of a title that may be called Assassin's Creed: Revelations. As of this writing, it's 41% full after a couple of days, so in another day or three we should learn what it's all about.

The page is currently showing an animus video of what looks like a blob, and, I guess some lines. Maybe a window. Someone might be near a window, or a lamp. Every once in a while, characters pop up that my brain is just not fast enough to read.

Anyway, share the news and get all of your friends to like this page so we can learn where the Assassin's Creed franchise is moving next. The word Revelations implies that something special is going to be revealed in the game, but if that's the actual title, it's notably not Assassin's Creed III. It could be another sort-of sequel thing similar to Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, which may not have had a numeral attached to it but was still a fun Assassin's Creed game.

Must. Have. British. Female. Assassin. Voiced by Jennifer Hale.

Do want!

ugh dammit, are all game reveals gonna do this now? making people click like on facebook?

The characters that pop up are some sort of indian text so I have no hope of reading it anyway. Translator anyone?

Great... now it's not enough to wait for the next game... We actually have to work for it...

What's next? Forcing us to program the architecture of 1914 Paris and London for Assassin's Creed 5 4?

EDIT:

Voration:
The characters that pop up are some sort of indian text so I have no hope of reading it anyway. Translator anyone?

If it's the script that's in the image, that's Arabic...

Voration:

Actually, it's Arabic

SOMEONE TRANSLATE IT!!!!

we're extending blatant operant conditioning to advertising now?

...and its working?

fantastic. well i still dont involve myself with anything facebook related, not that it will matter. i wonder what we'll be doing next; a billion google-searches for the right to digital download? paying advertising costs to unlock some DLC?

who knows what the future holds?

Nah, fuck you Ubisoft. What are they going to do? Not announce what they've been working on for however long if enough people don't fucking 'like' it? Yeah fucking right.

Idiots.

Is that a new trend that gaming companies use now Facebook to advertise their games?
I don't really like it, that they use us this way to advertise their games...But I still clicked the like button because I want to play the next game :)

KissofKetchup:

Voration:

Actually, it's Arabic

SOMEONE TRANSLATE IT!!!!

Apparently it's Altair's name written in Arabic

Daystar Clarion:
Must. Have. British. Female. Assassin. Voiced by Jennifer Hale.

Do want!

I'm sure she'd be willing to take a stab at it.

KissofKetchup:

Voration:

Actually, it's Arabic

SOMEONE TRANSLATE IT!!!!

Maybe this is actually that 3DS game they haven't talked about in forever? The one that has Ezio going to Masyaf? Because I've been waiting a really fucking long time for that game.

As long as this game is not going to get it's juice from side-quests in disguise, I say let's get on with it.

Am I the only tired about this 'If we get one million likes on facebook we'll totally show you stuff' ?

As soon as I saw the "if enough people want it" I knew it would be Facebook related >_<, c'mon developers!

But a new AC is always welcome in my books :D

I want a Charleston-based assassin who's also a pirate. If I keep saying it, it will become true.

Of course I want more Assassin's Creed. Ever since the massive changes from the first to the second game, it's been my second favorite game series of the last five years.

Oh that's just great. But what about the people that don't have Facebook, like me and... Well, I'm the only one but I still feel excluded :(

Tom Goldman:

The page is currently showing an animus video of what looks like a blob, and, I guess some lines. Maybe a window. Someone might be near a window, or a lamp. Every once in a while, characters pop up that my brain is just not fast enough to read.

The Arabic (which is those squiggly lines) says Altaïr Ibn-La'Ahad

I REALLY hope its not another Altair game.

I really wish people wouldn't hate on Ubisoft using Facebook as an advertising and marketing tool. It's just a way of drumming up interest. Valve had people buying games to unlock Portal 2 early, so this is a similar idea... Sort of =)

But yes, apparently, the characters say Altair's full name, so perhaps it's a return to his time... But maybe as the percentage increases, we'll see more...

Arabic writing in the background implies that it may be something to do with the Middle East, potentially a new game revolving around Altair? Not that it would be a bad thing, of course, I actually liked him in the first game (though Ezio was still much better developed). Either way, as an AC fanboy I'm pretty intrigued and excited by this news, can't wait to hear more! :D

LavaLampBamboo:
I really wish people wouldn't hate on Ubisoft using Facebook as an advertising and marketing tool. It's just a way of drumming up interest. Valve had people buying games to unlock Portal 2 early, so this is a similar idea... Sort of =)

But yes, apparently, the characters say Altair's full name, so perhaps it's a return to his time... But maybe as the percentage increases, we'll see more...

Except most of those games were already owned by most people.

I am so tired of people and companies scamming people for Facebook publicity.

Facebook is trash. I can not wait until this fad is over. Thankfully MySpace is pretty much dead now. How much longer do we have to wait until Facebook is on its deathbed?

I don't want to have to log into Facebook or Twitter or any other trash social networking to show my support for games/developers.

I don't want a game about Altair or Ezio. They've been done. I want a new character or to be able to stab things as Desmond.

Yeah, how about no. This is another cheap ploy for likes, and they're hardly going to withhold information anyway. So no dice.

All righty, a new AC game! I bet it's gonna have an absolutely retarded current-day storyline ending with some sort of completely unfullfilling arbitrary cliffhanger! I also bet it's gonna be a fun game and will take place in one or more brilliantly designed cities of the past! I am also going to buy it! See, I don't even need a reveal, I've got it all figured out.

Woodsey:
Nah, fuck you Ubisoft. What are they going to do? Not announce what they've been working on for however long if enough people don't fucking 'like' it? Yeah fucking right.

Idiots.

Seriously. I'd say it is just a graphic that has nothing to do with the number of likes and just set to go up in increments. I'll wait till the Escapist just post the info anyway.

KissofKetchup:

Voration:

Actually, it's Arabic

SOMEONE TRANSLATE IT!!!!

Thanks for the correction, I didn't think I was quite right lol

That looks like writing AC1 used, so we might have to use Altaïr again. If not, maybe we'll play like a double story between Ezio and Altaïr where like Ezio finds Altaïrs old stuff, and in a flashback you get to live out Altaïrs last moments. Like what happened with AC2's Altaïr part, but as a full gameplay mechanic.

O' please Ubisoft, don't follow Biowares' example. This is really pathetic.

arabic characters?

HankMan:

KissofKetchup:

Voration:

Actually, it's Arabic

SOMEONE TRANSLATE IT!!!!

Apparently it's Altair's name written in Arabic

ÇáØÇÆÑ ÇÈä áÇ ÃÍÏ

...Kind of looks like his name.

koroem:

Facebook is trash. I can not wait until this fad is over. Thankfully MySpace is pretty much dead now. How much longer do we have to wait until Facebook is on its deathbed?

Until the next big social networking thing comes out.

Woodsey:

Idiots.

Lol

This just in: Assassin's Creed 3 not released because not enough people 'liked' their Facebook page - Ubisoft goes bankrupt, blackmails critics who did not give favourable reviews of the never-to-be-released game.

Worgen:
ugh dammit, are all game reveals gonna do this now? making people click like on facebook?

I was just about to ask that. It's not hard or anything, but it's just really annoying.

I wouldn't mind if they made a direct sequel to the first assassin's creed game. I preferred the original setting to the sequels'.

I hate it Ubisoft is begging for Likes. They aren't getting mines, granted I loved every AC game so far, flawed or whatnot but this is just childish.

I can always cherish there will be plenty of people clicking like, I am not contributing.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here