Assassin's Creed Reveal Coming If Enough People Want It

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Daystar Clarion:
Must. Have. British. Female. Assassin. Voiced by Jennifer Hale.

Do want!

Agreed, but I'm sure how Desmond would fit in there..

RamirezDoEverything:

Daystar Clarion:

Do want!

Agreed, but I'm sure how Desmond would fit in there..

a) Who cares.
b) What would be the problem?

Daystar Clarion:

Do want!

DO. WANT. TOO!

Daystar Clarion:

Do want!

Great, now if anything other than this comes out, I will be disappointed.

Though, a game revisiting Altair, hopefully fleshing him out a bit more, wouldn't be a bad thing.

Worgen:
ugh dammit, are all game reveals gonna do this now? making people click like on facebook?

I can understand the logic behind it, but like you I totally hate the idea of "If enough people want it."

The thing mainly wittles on my chips because it seems like a psuedo cop out. (E.G. Crytek saying if enough people want Time Splitters 4 we'll make it.)

Dear god, stop using Facebook for stuff like this. Is it just me or does it seem really cheap to do this instead of making a proper website?

It's just much better to get a trailer slammed in your face.

Ewyx:
Am I the only tired about this 'If we get one million likes on facebook we'll totally show you stuff' ?

i know! it's becoming a rather unfortunate and annoying trend. Well i don't have a fb account and never will, so just gonna wait it out

Looking at the weird whirly video, can anyone else see a sort of outline of southern europe and north africa? I'm sure I can pick out Italy and Corsica in that image

1: We're going to get it anyway.
2: Liking that would require me to make a Facebook account. I'd sooner saw my own testicles off than do that.
3: If it has the same DRM the previous installments had I won't give two shits about it anyways.

It's probably a fucking facebook game

Daystar Clarion:

Do want!

I'm The Random One and this is my favourite speculation on the Escapist.

Captcha: bearer avainv. How long until one of these things accidentally summons an elder god?

Marik2:

koroem:

Facebook is trash. I can not wait until this fad is over. Thankfully MySpace is pretty much dead now. How much longer do we have to wait until Facebook is on its deathbed?

Until the next big social networking thing comes out.

Bookface? MyFace? MyBook? Twitterbook?

OT: I can't wait! I just hope the next one won't torture me with 100% Synch like Brotherhood. >.>

Ok this " we need constant reassurance" is getting old and juvenile at the same time!

Megaman Legends 3 and now this? Whats next? "We wont be releasing GTA 5 untill we have enough letters that you like us :("

I think Brotherhood was really released too soon, and the complete lack of time passing from the ending and release of the two games seems to have completely culled the appeal of a sequel for me.
I mean, Brotherhood didn't even feel like a sequel, it looked like a multiplayer game worth only a renting.

Wasn't it essentially confirmed that it was Altair since there was Arabian text which said "Altair" on it? Honestly, I was really hoping for something new and fresh with a new Assassin's Creed game and not just another "hey, let's make a game with an existing character" game.

You know, I wonder if Ubisoft is going to release a game called Assassin's Creed 3. They said a couple years ago thet they were going to make this series a yearly thing and said that this year the game was going to be a "big" one. That leads me to think when they decided on that annual thing thy decided to throw out the idea of a numerical sequel. I'm okay with this but if its true I wish they would just come out and say it.

So not only do customers get treated like criminals who are unable to play their game when their internet is down, Ubisoft is going to make everyone jump through hoops for the privilage.

Stop giving these people money.

Honestly who dosen`t want it?

quit your crying people. they are just asking for a like on facebook. they arent asking you to club a baby seal. way to over react

Daystar Clarion:

Do want!

I'm sure she'd be willing to take a stab at it.[/quote]

Oh well done sir :')

OT: one thing I dont think anyone has mentioned is co-op, which i personally would love to see in the game, think about it, having someone always watching your back, without needing to worry about your brotherhood bar to refill, not to mention it would be much more fun, races, big fights etc.
but yes, i hope they improve everything they have already included in the previous games that made them so good.

Don't have a Facebook, can't be bothered making one. Looking forward to the game though.

Unless it is a Facebook game. That would be kind of redundant.

i want it but i don't have or will ever have a facebook account

Yawn, don't care about revealing anything. The game will be out when its ready, no need to hype and disappoint.

Using Facebook as advertisement. -1 Ubisoft Respect.

Daystar Clarion:

Do want!

That would be the best game EVER.

Make it happen, Ubisoft!

The Gentleman:
Great... now it's not enough to wait for the next game... We actually have to work for it...

At least Portal 2 made it fun.

At this point I have completely stopped giving even half a shit about the story for this series, it's the core gameplay and assassination stuff I'm interested in. I hope the stealth elements are improved a bit in this one.

shenanigans i say, they'll make it anyway and their just stirring the hype-pot

SeriousIssues:

I mean, Brotherhood didn't even feel like a sequel, it looked like a multiplayer game worth only a renting.

Huh, and yet I can safely say it was my favorite AC yet, and I never bothered with the multiplayer (may try it at some point, though. it does look interesting.) Funny how two people who both played a game, and are apparent fans of AC, can have such different opinions on it.

OT: I heard someone mention they are making a 3DS AC game. If this is that, I am going to be thoroughly disappointed.

Worgen:
ugh dammit, are all game reveals gonna do this now? making people click like on facebook?

^This. Don't get me wrong, I'm cool with it once in a while but I think it's getting to the point of companies saying "jump" and the gaming community responding "HOW HIGH?!" in unison.

Well, sorry, I'm tired of the running wheel, dear gaming industry (and anyone else thinking of this approach), kindly collectively go fuck yourselves with a rusty iron pipe.

GeorgW:
Oh that's just great. But what about the people that don't have Facebook, like me and... Well, I'm the only one but I still feel excluded :(

Stand strong brother you are not alone. I'm glad I've found another like me.

I may not like facebook but an AC release is always cause for celebration

Woodsey:
Nah, fuck you Ubisoft. What are they going to do? Not announce what they've been working on for however long if enough people don't fucking 'like' it? Yeah fucking right.

Idiots.

Hahaha, this is true.

I'm not gonna like it just to spite them for the fact they are still pussyfooting around showing some innovation and putting it into the future setting already.

Yeah I know. I'm really sending them a message, aren't I?

There going to release it anyway, no need to feed the hype machine. Probably going to buy it anyway, as long as its not another Ezio campaign. Need a break from him.

If it's not Victorian England with Jack The Ripper, I don't care.

If it's France, maybe I'll consider liking it.

i'v been saying this since we new the next installment wouldn't be AC3, and i'll say it again: if this game turns out to be going back to altair, now that ezio has two games and he's only go one, i just want people to know that i fucking called it

itchcrotch:
i'v been saying this since we new the next installment wouldn't be AC3, and i'll say it again: if this game turns out to be going back to altair, now that ezio has two games and he's only go one, i just want people to know that i fucking called it

Considering the text on the facebook page is Altairs name in arabic I'd say there's not much to call.
I'm kind of interested though, Altair was a much more interesting character than Ezio, at least for me, and his adventures in the codex sounded pretty awesome, so who knows? Could be awesome. Hell, if it had Brotherhoods combat and a decent story it'd be a day 1 purchase for me.

Woodsey:
Nah, fuck you Ubisoft. What are they going to do? Not announce what they've been working on for however long if enough people don't fucking 'like' it? Yeah fucking right.

Idiots.

This. Exactly this. I'd love to see them explain to the team that carefully prepared a trailer that they didn't get enough likes, so the trailer's cancelled...

...along with the whole game.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or