Left 4 Dead Zombies Appear in Ocarina of Time's Kokiri Forest

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Left 4 Dead Zombies Appear in Ocarina of Time's Kokiri Forest

A custom Left 4 Dead 2 campaign takes us back into the Kokiri Forest but replaces its cute citizens with deadly zombies.

A new campaign add-on for Left 4 Dead 2 adds horrifying zombies into the world of Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. Navi's "Hey, listen!" might have gotten a little annoying while trying to play through the Zelda title, but at least she wasn't trying to eat your neck.

The "Kokiri Forest" campaign, named after Ocarina of Time's starting area, brings players from Link's treehouse all the way through the Forest Temple. The creator says that it features "puzzles, frustration, and exploration," in addition to Left 4 Dead's waves of zombies.

The attention to detail here is quite impressive, with the developer recreating everything from the Kokiri Forest's buildings to its boardwalk and that circle of rocks. It even has heart-shaped health containers and an appearance by the tri-force.

In Ocarina of Time, players defeat Phantom Ganon at the end of the Forest Temple. At the end of the Forest Temple in this mod, players face a boss named Phantom Louis as he floats around the map and fires lightning. After his defeat, you finish the campaign by moving into a beam of light. It's pretty awesome.

A group of players recorded their playthrough on YouTube, available below. As a warning, it includes all of their commentary.

Source: Left4Dead Maps

....What...THAT IS AWESOME.

Oh God yes...

I've been waiting for another good custom l4d2 campaign.

Time to download, invite a friend and enjoy the map. Cheers Community :D

captcha: mythee recieved

I think I might reinstall L4D2 just to play this.

downloading this, I got to play it.

that's Awesome... times like this i wish you could download these mods to Consoles. Cause this mod looks awesome

Someone contact Nintendo, tell them to hire this guy to work on the next Zelda game.

so... fucking... AWESOME! I NEED TO PLAY NOW!!

Holy... Fuck. My mind is blown. Now they need to do the rest of them so you can play Left for Dead: Ocarina of Blood

hurricanejbb:
Someone contact Nintendo, tell them to hire this guy to work on the next Zelda game.

Oh, you joker... Nintendo doing something sensible... what a card you are.

Looks quite fun, though to be honest, i haven't played a single Zelda game, so i have no idea whatsoever what that campaign looks like.
On another note, can anyone suggest some really awesome and/or different custom campaigns for L4D2?
The boss battle in this one made me want to try out such stuff. Looks fun.

That is such a great and unexpected combination.lol. ^_^

hurricanejbb:

Nintendo would probably sue them...

I just bought L4D1 for PC. I would have got 2, but I already have 2 on my Xbox. But this does look pretty cool. Never played a Zelda game myself, though.

lulz lets see them make a l4d water temple next

Wouldn't "Phantom Bill" make a tad more sense? Seeing how he is dead 'n' all....

(Yeah, I know Ganondorf isn't dead at the time and the Phantom is just a spirit "clone" used to guard the temple, but surely Bill would still work better)

What this is, I don't even...

HOly shit, so playing this. Now I only need to learn how to install maps...

Watched it all. Awesome map.

The last boss looked hilarious and the main torch room in the Forest Temple looked like a lot of fun when it was sprawling with zombies.

Very funny how the boss music came on when the Tank came in.

Such good attention to detail.

Saria, noooooooo!

Still, this is pretty creative. Points for that.

That is amazing. I must download this map!

Thank God its not the water temple

That's awesome...

It's still pretty disturbing that the original OoT zombies were scarier xD

I still think Navi is more annoying than zombies. Also how do they have like 7 players?

*whistles*

"What a nice day, the sun is shining and the-"

"CHARGER!"

"Wait what?"

*BOOM*

I think I'm in love.

I could not hit "download" fast enough.

Played it...and well...it's a hard one, played on advanced and the infected are spawning bit too often and bit too many of them at one time, bit buggy aswell, got stuck behind rock and infected some times spawn in your room you spawn so they are hitting you before you can move and shoot them.

also, at least on that server me and some friends played on, there wasn't a health pack to pick up at all, and when the horde is constant like that and spawning that often it's not enjoyable to play.

Ofc, could've been the server that did that...for some reason the 2 servers we joined both had unlimited ammo on the weapons.

whoever made this is my hero

Aww want this sooooo bad for l4d1 ._. Anyway I shat brix when I saw Louis as the final boss. Great job Pyscofalc!

ProtoChimp:
I still think Navi is more annoying than zombies. Also how do they have like 7 players?

Might be the server or the map itself, played expert campaigns on l4d1 where we was 20 players(search for hero server). Same with versus(10v10)

aren't modders the best?

That is what happens when Louis plays Zelda.

That was funny.
I wish these kinds of mods were aloud on consoles.

oh... my.... god.... ._.
Can this please come to the xbox version? I would be entirely ok with actually buying this, and blowing the dust off of my L4D2 disc to play it.
This is the best thing I have seen in months, not including Portal 2.

Now I want to get Left 4 Dead 2. I only have 1. And I can't even play that! D: (Bad PC).

This is why people put up with PC elitists. Mod communities are pretty badass.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here