Seduce Women on the PSP With Photo Girlfriend

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Nothing says "YOU MUST LOVE ME" like forcing a girl to let you take her picture.

If you're looking for a new romance sim to play on handheld systems, you may want to consider the latest release from Dadokawa Games, Photo Girlfriend (Photo Kano in Japanese). Aside from the usual elements of the genre, Photo Girlfriend has a photography element in it; you can check out this six minute trailer to get an idea of what the title looks like.

Unlike many romance sims, the game has a big focus on technology: it's set to feature 3D models, smoothly-animated conversation scenes, and apparently even used motion capture for some of the animations. On top of that, players get to play with a camera mode in the game, which requires them to switch the PSP to a vertical orientation.

If you're confused by the trailer, Andriasang has provided a basic summary of what's going on:

The girls introduced in the first half of the trailer are the targets of your love interests. They span the usual types -- the childhood friend, the class leader, and so-forth.

The last girl is Kanon, the one speaking in the trailer and the one doing the gymnastics at the end. Kadokawa is throwing in a Nendoroid Puchi figure of Kanon as a bonus item.

If you can read Japanese, you might want to head over to the game's official site, as it has more detailed profiles of all the women players will interact with.

Source: Photo Girlfriend via Andriasang

Any of them named Lei?

There is only one face that can be pulled in light of this:

(Also: thankyou random man's blog.)

Doesn't this remind anyone of that Playboy game that came out a few years ago? The one where you're a photographer snapping pictures of playmates?

"Dude, so, what are you playing?" *Friend looks at your psp* "Right....."

Japanese games can be creative, I'll give them that, but that's just disturbing.

I was going to make a "Japan why are you so disturbing comment"

But than I realised that some very sad people will actually buy this.

vansau:

Nothing says "YOU MUST LOVE ME" like forcing a girl to let you take her picture.

Yeah, I read that issue of Savage Love too.

In all the differnt japanese games like this, all the women make the most unarousing unappealling moaning noises.
Really, it's like if some weak nerdling lifted a really heavy box. It's all naisaly (sp) and makes me think they all need to blow snot out of their nose. Ugh

Sorta surprised Rape Lay wasnt in the related news section of this.

See now, this is weirder than RapeLay.

Media tells us that young Japanese girls already have enough trouble trying to get the lads attention away from virtual, or otherwise not actual, girlfriends. This not only panders to it but reinforces it, and not even only for the lad but on the girls part too. It requires her participation, willing or otherwise, in taking her into a virtual world where the lad doesn't need her anymore.

It's weird as fuck.

pulse2:

Japanese games can be creative, I'll give them that, but that's just disturbing.

These games never sell to more than a very niche market in the west, but hopefully it'll keep a couple off rapists of the street at least. Not that I'm saying people who play these games are rapists, but consider how games like this are so popular in Japan and it also happens to have one of the worlds smallest rape rates.

Edit: Oh man, youtube comments shine again:

"if u arent pedo, japanese games n anime will make u one......

japan hasn t learned nything after earthquake"

is it bad that the only bits of the text i could understand was the bust size?

I don't know about this Kanon chick
I'd prefer my Photo-girlfriend to be a little more developed

Scott Guthrie:
is it bad that the only bits of the text i could understand was the bust size?

No

This plus this Kissing machine, ok this is getting too creppy

This is just wrong! Really, If the Japanese like this kind of thing, fair enough, but don't mention it outside of Japan. Its just creepy.

Jbird:
Doesn't this remind anyone of that Playboy game that came out a few years ago? The one where you're a photographer snapping pictures of playmates?

Haha, if its only you then err... AWKWARD!

Buying this for teh lulz. Also, Lolis.

SICK0_ZER0:

I was just about to mention the comments being filled with chantardedness. :L

SICK0_ZER0:

haha, I thought the earthquake was due to plate tectonics. Apparently is was down to obscure video games.

CommanderKirov:
I was going to make a "Japan why are you so disturbing comment"

But than I realised that some very sad people will actually buy this.

Yeah, but a Japanese company made it.

Actually, I think that sentence demands a little reflection. A company made this. Multiple people (real people who pay bills and eat food) got together and made a conscious decision to produce this game. None of them, or at least very few, said "Hey, this is creepy I don't think we should make it".

Japan is like that geeky kid you were friends with in high school. Sometimes he can be really fun to hang out with, but then when women are around he starts getting all weird and just embarrasses you.

Woodsey:

Jbird:

Haha, if its only you then err... AWKWARD!

Lol.

I only remember it because I can recall X-Play reviewing it.

*sigh*
Japan Japan Japan... What are we going to do with you...?

One of these days I'll learn not to click on 'Comments' and be done being pee'd off by the article proper >.>

Edit: Nah, it's not.

Tuqui:

Hardly a recent trend, nor the most bizarre product on offer.

Nor would even that one be...

Japan: supplying 99% of the world's "what is this I don't even" since 1952.

Imperator_DK:

Tuqui:

Hardly a recent trend, nor the most bizarre product on offer.

Nor would even that one be...

That's creepy, but that's another type of creepy, that's the biological one, while this goes to the game and robotic one DX

Tuqui:

That's creepy, but that's another type of creepy, that's the biological one, while this goes to the game and robotic one DX

Despite the whole cloning vats thing, I don't think there's much biology to that game either. More some character creation mode meets control freak mode going on with it.

And unlike that one, I don't really consider this seemingly fairly innocent (some PG-13 shots of some digital high schoolers seem to constitute its objectionable content) game "creepy". More strange and pointless, since plainly everyday romancing some digital character - through the lens of a fictional digital camera, no less - without it being part of any greater story doesn't seem too prospective or engaging.

How is there a market for these games

So, I'm guessing I'm going to be the only to say I'd tap play that?

I'd like to try some dating sims at some point. And you can't give me a speech about how this makes it harder for girls to get my attention. GIRLS AREN'T INTERESTED IN ME.

And here I was thinking that I wouldn't get my daily dose of weird, though this isn't quite what I was expecting.

SICK0_ZER0:
These games never sell to more than a very niche market in the west, but hopefully it'll keep a couple off rapists of the street at least. Not that I'm saying people who play these games are rapists, but consider how games like this are so popular in Japan and it also happens to have one of the worlds smallest rape rates.

No, it doesn't..

It has one of the world's lowest rape statistics. You know how we could have similar statistics? If noone who got raped ever reported it, and if those who did weren't taken seriously.

And ugh.. sometimes I genuinely despair that I ever tried to learn Japanese. It means I understand too much of this for my own comfort.

Oh lord, here we go again.
Normally you just have to fight a few demons, have crazy hair and a troubled past to get some underage panty shots, this game cuts out the middle man and gets down to business.

At least it can't top Wanko no Kurasou, boy was THAT a ride...

LegendaryGamer0:
Buying this for teh lulz. Also, Lolis.

SICK0_ZER0:

I was just about to mention the comments being filled with chantardedness. :L

I might take a flier on it. Though, I prefer my dating sims to revolve around an actual relationship. This just seems gimmicky.
OP: This is getting a localization? I might pick it up. Of all the games to get an official localization....

I'd love...just once...for some of this creepy stuff to get localized.

I'll try any genre of game once. Even dating sims. >_>

pulse2:

Look, that was one time!

Maybe a little on topic, but (maybe) an interesting point nonetheless: This could be a lot creepier. Just use the internet. Remember Rule 36: There is always more f***ed up s*** than what you just saw.

Actually on topic: People need to stop flirting with digital women like this game offers. Some things... just not natural.

Not sure if want.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Posting on this forum is disabled.