Grecian Zelda 3D Pre-Order Bonuses Infused With Tri-Force Power

Pages PREV 1 2

Ephraim J. Witchwood:

spectrenihlus:

Ephraim J. Witchwood:

If I'm reading the website right, the Greek version costs 51 Euro which is about $70 US. Kind of expensive.

It's a collectors edition that is pretty much what one would cost here anyway.

It's $30 more than the game here in the US, and if you add the two together, that's $110 for a copy of a game you can't play, a copy you can, and a little swag. Not really worth it, if you ask me. It would be nice if they bring the swag to the US.

Didn't say it was worth it or not just giving an option.

JediMB:

Snotnarok:

JediMB:

You don't see the appeal of something that's blatantly untrue?

Goodness me.

Meanwhile, in the real world, the whole game has been remodeled from scratch, Master Quest is included and improved upon, and brand new features have been promised.

Nice condescending tone, drop the shield Nintendo doesn't need defending, they're a powerful multimillion dollar company like MS and Sony.

My apologizes if you don't find my opinion on the game to your tastes but, the gamecube port looks far more appealing than this, or the PC 'port' with mods, and it won't cost 300 dollars to play and you can play it on a nice big screen.

Oh, yes, I'm very good at the condescending tone thing. I do that when people blurt out blatantly false statements as if they were facts. It's not about defending Nintendo, but about hammering down ignorance.

The 3DS version will have everything the original had and more. Personally I'm also hoping for an updated battle system comparable to The Wind Waker or Twilight Princess. Regardless, it is superior to all other versions, and if you have some sort of bias against handheld gaming... that's your problem and doesn't have any bearing on the 3DS version's superiority.

Yes I'm stupid because I don't agree on your opinion nor do I have the intelligence to see the minor touch ups in a port for a 250 dollar system.

No I haven't a thing against Nintendo or handhelds, GBASP happens to be one of my favorite handhelds. But personally I can't see myself spending that much money on a port with touched up visuals when there's better versions (in my opinion) to play. The GBA Zelda port of the SNES title had more going for it because A- you could also play it on the TV, and B they added in a multilayer function, C- it was cheaper than the options.

Think all you want that the 3DS version is better, that's fine for you to think and perfectly okay for you to voice your opinion on. But don't go telling me that me thinking another version is better is wrong. It's an opinion and if you're going be a condescending child to someone having a different opinion on a video game you're obsessed.

Knowing shops like GAME or HMV they probably WILL have a pre order bonus stuff hopefully they have the ocarina since the proper one is quite expensive.

Snotnarok:
Yes I'm stupid because I don't agree on your opinion nor do I have the intelligence to see the minor touch ups in a port for a 250 dollar system.

No, ignorance and stupidity are not the same thing. Ignorance is the condition of being uninformed.

Anyway, I have a cold and a terrible headache, so I'll spare you any more of my thoughts, 'k?

As a musician -and- video game aficionado, I feel compelled to share with you the joy of my favorite ocarina-makers, Songbird Ocarina. They are gorgeous, play well and with a sweet tone, and have a nice spread of prices. Their Zelda line is especially worth a peeksy: https://www.songbirdocarina.com/zelda-ocarinas

Sorry my first post here is basically an ad, but it makes me sad that they would include a non-working ocarina, when a -working- plastic one can be so cheap and easy. Not that my link directs you right to that, but if you look around the site you'll see what I mean.

Otherwise.... I would be happy with just that case as a pre-order bonus!

I was excited until I saw the pictures. Seriously? That looks so darn cheap. :( I wouldn't pay extra for that even if it was locally avaliable.

Maybe I was just spoiled by that concept image you guys posted earlier: Link

Now THAT I would fork over twice as much for. I even sent a letter to Nintendo stating so.

spectrenihlus:

internetzealot1:
But why Greece?

Exactly what I was thinking, it's not like the Greeks are exactly well known for their love of gaming. BTW i looked up greece and video games and this is what I got

http://news.cnet.com/2100-1040-956357.html

although I doubt the validity of it and besides it is from 2002.

Still why Greece and not say Belgium?

I beg your pardon! We Greeks are as avid gamers as the next European.

Well, for you people that are wondering why it's Greece and not anywhere else, there's no Nintendo of Greece per se. There's Nortec Co. which is an importer of Nintendo stuff in Greece. So it has the free to step outside the line of official Nintendo policy. This, until recently, meant only bad things, such as the stars, points etc from Nintendo console and games were useless here, because Nortec wasn't a part of Nintendo Europe. It seems this independence is now bearing fruit!

I'd sooo pre-order... if included in the pre-order bonuses was a 3DS. For all you people that would like to move to Greece: shit's expensive here and we're getting poorer by the week.

Couldn't they just make the actual products before they made those poor excuses for photoshop?
It almost looks like a bad scam.

Tom Goldman:
If at least one doesn't come to North America, I swear Nintendo, I'll just... continue to buy your products and be somewhat sadder than if one did. Don't try me.

That's telling 'em!

This really begs the question.

Who the hell plays games in Greece?!, they don't even have any official suppliers for videogames over there for gods sake.

Whatever Next, pre order bonuses in Kenya?

If that picture of the Deku Nut can is accurate, it looks pretty crappy. Wow, a stretched image of the Deku Tree with the words "Deku Tree" written in Times New Roman on it, an absolute must have.

Jazoni89:

Who the hell plays games in Greece?!, they don't even have any official suppliers for videogames over there for gods sake.

What are you talking about?

Cubilone:

Jazoni89:

Isn't it obvious?

This topic is about pre order bonuses in Greece. They Don't have any official suppliers for games over there, so it's more of a underground hobby. So i made a rather sarcastic remark about having pre order bonuses in kenya, because hardly anyone plays games there.

Tom Goldman:

There are some great places you could get an affordable and working ocarina. I even got one that is, in fact, blue plastic. I got mine from STL Ocarina--yep, that seems to be all they make!--and it's great.

Of course, the first thing I did was teach myself every Zelda song I could remember. They're all surprisingly easy, too (especially if you've every played an instrument before).

If you're in NC, free ocarina lessons!

Jazoni89:

Cubilone:

Jazoni89:

Isn't it obvious?

This topic is about pre order bonuses in Greece. They Don't have any official suppliers for games over there, so it's more of a underground hobby. So i made a rather sarcastic remark about having pre order bonuses in kenya, because hardly anyone plays games there.

My question was rather sarcastic itself. Why don't you take a look at the post three posts above your own?

Cubilone:

Jazoni89:

Cubilone:

Isn't it obvious?

My question was rather sarcastic itself. Why don't you take a look at the post three posts above your own?

ahhh...touche!

I still stand by my original post though.

Tom Goldman:
If at least one doesn't come to North America, I swear Nintendo, I'll just... continue to buy your products and be somewhat sadder than if one did.

This. But I would love that Ocarina. And the Deku Nuts. Would I try to grow my own Deku Tree? You bet I would.

Snotnarok:
No I haven't a thing against Nintendo or handhelds, GBASP happens to be one of my favorite handhelds. But personally I can't see myself spending that much money on a port with touched up visuals when there's better versions (in my opinion) to play.

Just one point, I'm not really taking a side here, but one of the reasons this debate arose could have been a misunderstanding. You keep saying it's a port, when they've actually remade the game from scratch with better visuals and added features designed to work well with the 3DS.

OT: Looks neat. Shame I'm not Greek.

Everyone. Read my origin and drool. Ha!

Hey, Nintendo, rather than bribe people to repurchase a game you've been riding on (and flogging) for several years, how about a new and original idea?

What's that? You're getting into 3D? Oh for the love of-

Horribly photoshopped images for preorder incentives exclusive to a reasonbly random part of the world? Sounds like some legs are being pulled, possibly even Nintendo's mighty limb. They might as well have included the actual polygons from the original game. Ultra exclusive and fanboys would love them. Imagine having a triangly-bit from Epona's face, or a square-thingy from the bottom of Ganon's foot!

Fasckira:

I think the ocarina will be playable, if anything it looks more complex than an actual working Zelda ocarina: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-OCARINA-TIME-REPLICA-LEGEND-ZELDA-SONGSHEET-/310314978187?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item484036cb8b

Meh. It may be Zelda themed, but 4 hole ocarinas aren't that great. (I have one. It looks nothing like a Zelda style Ocarina, but it is an Ocarina)

No, what you really want, if you want to show off, is one of these:

http://www.songbirdocarina.com/zelda-ocarinas?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=34&category_id=13

Or, you know, if theming isn't an issue, an actual generic 12 hole ocarina. They sound amazing.

I swear, if they do this for Majora's mask, and it comes with an actually Majora's Mask replica....

I'll be moving to greece.

LittleMikey:
I'd love that Ocarina :D I hope we get something simmilar in Australia

The problem is, if it's Australia, EB would probably get an "exclusive" and charge $200.

Eh...the ocarina doesn't even have any mouth hole, and it looks kind of like something that would come out of a happy meal. Plus having the logo just kind of pasted on the front there....real classy

Not that I expect a handmade flute, but they could have done a better job on the appearance.

The only thing I really like is the 3DS case

Jazoni89:

Cubilone:

Jazoni89:

Isn't it obvious?

You kinda lost me too there.

What do you mean underground hobby and no official suppliers? Do you even know where Greece is?

It's perfectly official and as mainstream - niche as any other average EU country. Granted, video games are not as popular as in the UK, or Japan but they are as popular as any other average European country, like Germany or Italy, given the population size of Greece.

The Deku Tree appears to be seeds for an actual tree. The can has soil and seeds and if you water it, some kind of tree sprout will start growing.

And by the way, it was for a limited number only. First come - first serve. They have announced that Deku Trees, Ocarinas and 3DS cases are finished. The rest of the pre-orders will only receive keyrings and caps.

I guess it worked.

It is kind of strange why Greece and not some other more major market, or why Greece and not all of Nintendo Europe territories. I guest, since the market is run by a distributor, it must have been their idea and not Nintendo of Europe's idea.

Judging from all the publicity they got worldwide, I guess Nintendo is probably sorry they hadn't thought of it themselves.

1 point to the Greeks, then.

CrystalShadow:
No, what you really want, if you want to show off, is one of these:

http://www.songbirdocarina.com/zelda-ocarinas?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=34&category_id=13

Or, you know, if theming isn't an issue, an actual generic 12 hole ocarina. They sound amazing.

That looks awesome and the guy in the video at the bottom is awesome with the Zelda tunes (if not a bit scary looking) :D

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here