Four Modern Warfare 3 Teasers Invade the World

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Four Modern Warfare 3 Teasers Invade the World

Activision has released four teaser trailers for Modern Warfare 3 that predict a worldwide conflict.

After a load of Modern Warfare 3 details were alledgedly leaked that Infinity Ward community liaison Robert Bowling said were full of truths, half-truths, and falsehoods, Activision has decided to get the game's party rolling earlier than planned. Our first official glimpses into the world of Modern Warfare 3 come through four teaser trailers, each from a different region of the world.

They don't feature gameplay footage yet, hence the term "teaser trailer." However, they do give a hint toward the scale of the conflict that we'll see in Modern Warfare 3.

The first teaser focuses on America, specifically New York. It's evidently under attack. The others are from Franc3, G3rmany, and 3ngland... that is, France, Germany, and England. These areas are also embroiled in some sort of conflict. See below:

It doesn't take a genius to figure out that these teasers are foreshadowing a possible World War III scenario for Modern Warfare 3. The "leaked" details also support this theory, so expect something big from the game when it makes a probable, but as of yet unconfirmed, late 2011 release.

Damn, that looks pretty crazy.

Cool to see England more involved, considering half the characters are from there. I'm actually interested in how this turns out.

*squeals like a little girl* Ahem, yeah, I think I'll get it. I just hope its upwards of 5 hours long.

here we see the marketing department at work.

i must say its working it got my intressed.

Ok, on another thread about this, I translated the Russian at the end of each video.

The America trailer says:
"Destroy enemy hope of winning."

The British trailer says:
"Two, use everything to your advantage."

The France one says:
"Three, use the weakness of your enemy."

The Germany trailer says:
"Four, attack from an unexpected direction."

So, a list of how to fight a war effectively? Maybe a Russian campaign?

For those wondering I heard on Dtoid you will control the follow:

with players taking on the roles of a Russian Federal Protective Services agent, SAS Operative, tank gunner, and AC-130 gunner as well as various main characters.

It will be interesting to see the level where you controll the Russian.

Why did they even bother labeling the countries? Every sequence except Germany was obvious enough to be identified geographically by a pygmy from the Amazon.

But I suppose this franchise abandoned any form of subtly long ago.

The France one says:
"Three, use the weakness of your enemy."

My point exactly.

Ok thats a step in the right direction, but whats Canada doing? Aparently we don't do anything even though Russia invaded through Canada.

Wouldent it be a cool mission if your a single Canadian Soldier and you have to sneak all the way through a invaded city (like Toronto) on your own. We do have an army so we would get involved somehow.

That all looks awesome, but I don't get why Canada wouldn't be mentioned, it is part of America and next door to the USA so why isn't Canada mentioned at all?

You fooled me once MW, you shall not do it again.

Titan Buttons:
That all looks awesome, but I don't get why Canada wouldn't be mentioned, it is part of America and next door to the USA so why isn't Canada mentioned at all?

Because there's no E in Canada.

Okay is single player makes up for the game i will give it another chance.

Aslong as the entire campain wont involve me just killing russians

If these trailers are anything to go by, then the possibility of a prequel's out the window.

Titan Buttons:

It doesn't have an E to be turned into a 3. Oh joy, MW3 trying to sell itself for story. How peculiar.

Captcha: ceishat vacated, sounds like a type of bowel movement.

I take it WW3 will be occurring in a market bazaar in unspecifiedistan, a military base in notreallyrussia & a suburb of patriotville, USA?

Planning discussion at Activision:

Okay... we want a reason to fight in Paris, Berlin, and London, but we don't want to go back to World War II.

How about we make World War III?

You, sir, are getting a raise.

This could either go really good, or really bad. Considering my history with this series, my money is on really bad.

The Germany teaser rocks

Triforceformer:
This could either go really good, or really bad. Considering my history with this series, my money is on really bad.

That. And did I miss the memo that turning E into 3 in games is the new thing?

I wonder how England, France, and Germany will react about this. I'm sure Germany may give a major 'Hey now!' about a video game involving their invasion.

But hey, yay European warring!

Okay guys, one more chance. MW1 was stellar and MW2 was shit. I'll give you one more chance, just please don't break my heart again...

Korten12:
For those wondering I heard on Dtoid you will control the follow:

with players taking on the roles of a Russian Federal Protective Services agent, SAS Operative, tank gunner, and AC-130 gunner as well as various main characters.

It will be interesting to see the level where you controll the Russian.

You protect the Russian president from being kidnapped, apparently on an airplane. Makarov then kidnaps him and tortures him for nuke codes or something.

Oh, spoiler warning.

So is this the last game? Cause wtf do you do after a World war 3 game, like Einstein said, I know not with what weapons WW3 will be fought, but WW4 will be fought with sticks and stones. In MW4 they're gonna have to explode earth or something.

Um...The second two videos are just ads fro the pub club. Seriously, is anyone else seeing this?

God, I'm excited now. MORE CRAZY IS GOOD!! HOORAY FOR EPIC CRAZINESS!!

Looks more interesting than the campaign for Battlefield 3 already.

Frozen Donkey Wheel2:
Um...The second two videos are just ads fro the pub club. Seriously, is anyone else seeing this?

I'm getting the same problem.

I hope in the game the french voice acting will be done by, you know, French people and not Americans who speak (granted, a fairly acceptable) French.

Can anybody from Germany indicate if you can tell in the German trailer that the voice actors are not native speakers?

Not going to lie, I'm actually somewhat intruiged by this whole "World War Three, fighting around the globe" thing. It may give us something to do other than shoot Arabs in the middle east or shoot Russians/Ex-Soviets in Ex-Soviet satellite states. And hey, if they actually manage to pull out a good, lenghthly, deep campaign that's worth more than a footnote I may just start to regain some hope for humanity.

...if every call of duty after the first modern warfare is shit,
why are you still paying them for releasing worse versions of the same game?

why wont this crap just shrivel up and die already?

Titan Buttons:

Its like the UN. Europe is over represented. (Seriously Canada would be a target just for the oil supply) Then again its just a game and we did get a campaign in Call of Duty 3.

uninterested by CoD games. they are just half assed remakes of the same game. They are just twitch shooters. Singleplayer is bland and multiplayer is just the same game on a differnt map. Activision are going to destroy a series that peeked at COD4 by releasing too many games too freqently. Just like GH.

Cousin_IT:
I take it WW3 will be occurring in a market bazaar in unspecifiedistan, a military base in notreallyrussia & a suburb of patriotville, USA?

Ah, yes, good 'ol patriotville, home of the oppositeofblackhouse. We must save it from the evil Notummunists!

Anti Nudist Cupcake:
Ok, I know this is a teaser trailer but seriously now, what was the point of it? This was just terrible, really really terrible.

They didn't release it to make the game look nice, that's for sure. The teaser is made up ENTIRELY of green lines with a dark background, it might as well have been a fan made trailer by a teenager.

It doesn't speak "big budget game from activision" at all, it looks pretty low budget in fact. I mean, I know the game is barely even in development but couldn't they at least have bothered to use CGI images like mass effect 2 and 3 did? OR portal 2? OR ANY OTHER BIG GAME? The cgi didn't show any actual gameplay with THOSE trailers but at least made the trailers look interesting, this trailer doesn't even bother with that. Seriously, this doesn't show any quality at all, this doesn't even show a game. You might as well have just stamped a power point presentation onto youtube and call it a trailer.

And why New-York? Why take a concept that has already been done to death? I'm sorry, but the old infinity ward did WAY better with making games, modern warfare was great, modern warfare 2 wasn't perfect but at least it had SOME quality. I never liked any other company's call of duty games and this infinity ward may as well be an entirely different development company, which sucks at making cod games.

This thing has no soul, it has even LESS soul than the rest of the cod games which have just been pumped out to be milked for cash, which I thought was impossible.

And you know what is scary? People are actually getting EXCITED about... whatever that was.

This I agree with, I liked Modern Warfare 2 but it's nowhere near as good as it should have been, and I liked it mostly for the co-op. Black Ops on the other hand was "meh". The trailers look about as good as Homefront's entire advertising campaign.

Also, they should have just combined all those trailers, I can imagine a lot of people only seeing the "Am3rica" one and not buying it because they think it's only (or mostly) going to have levels in America.

I don't care, just from these trailers alone I'm getting it. Four countries to fight in (hopefully)? this, my friends, is gonna be HUGE

Mantonio:
Furthermore, your Publishers Club advert appears to have broken the Germany trailer, since I cannot play it! It only replays the Publishers Club advert over and over!

Same here, I can't play the last one at all

Let's throw Sw3den in for the fun of it!

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here