PSN Problems Delay New Vegas DLC on PS3

PSN Problems Delay New Vegas DLC on PS3

If you're playing Fallout: New Vegas on the PS3, your confrontation with the Burned Man is going to have to wait a while.

The latest piece of Fallout: New Vegas DLC, Honest Hearts, was supposed to be a simultaneous release across PC, Xbox 360, and PS3. Unfortunately, thanks to the recent trouble with Sony's PlayStation Network, Bethesda has had to amend that plan.

Honest Hearts tells the story of a bitter conflict between a New Canaanite missionary, and the legendary Burned Man. Both men are fighting over Zion, a valley that was spared the horrors of the war, and is almost untouched by the desolation that marks the rest of the Mojave. If you're playing on a PC or Xbox 360, then you can play this new content today. But if you're playing on PS3, then you're going to have to wait, and Bethesda doesn't know for how long, as it depends on how long it takes Sony to restore the PSN Store. Bethesda says it will let PS3 owners know when it has more information.

Even with PSN up and running again, the outage is going to have a long tail and Sony is going to be handling the repercussions for weeks, if not months, to come. It's only natural that there will be some disruptions and delays as Sony gets its house back in order, but hopefully they won't be for too long.

Source: Bethesda Blog

So, basically, the Ps3 will get it right around the time they manage to iron out the major bugs?

WHY ESCAPIST MUST YOU TOO MOCK ME!

Sall good by the time its released the Fallout Wiki should be well updated for all the findable goodies...and I still need to do Dead Money on my current profile...

It still hasn't appeared on steam here in Aus, so I still have to wait. Though Im in the middle of mid year exams so maybe its not the best time.

If its like the last DLC, then I'd pass either way. Last one made Broken Steel and Mothership Zeta look AWESOME by comparison. That's something I guess.

5t3v0:
It still hasn't appeared on steam here in Aus, so I still have to wait. Though Im in the middle of mid year exams so maybe its not the best time.

Nor has it appeared yet in the UK yet, just finished my last exam so im looking forward to kicking back with some new content :D

Well that is understandable. I mean you cant exactly release dlc for the ps3 while the store is down.

OutrageousEmu:
So, basically, the Ps3 will get it right around the time they manage to iron out the major bugs?

This is bethesda were talking about, fallout 3 dlc came out for 360 a year before it did on the ps3 and it still had all the exact same bugs.

NameIsRobertPaulson:
If its like the last DLC, then I'd pass either way. Last one made Broken Steel and Mothership Zeta look AWESOME by comparison. That's something I guess.

I havnt played it yet but that sounds scary, and makes me want to try it even more.

MaxPowers666:

This is bethesda were talking about, fallout 3 dlc came out for 360 a year before it did on the ps3 and it still had all the exact same bugs.

Obsidian made Fallout 3... I agree about the bugs though, most likely not guna be entirely fixed by PS3 release ^^ lol

Still waiting for the DLC to appear on Steam also :( 2pm in the UK and its been out on Xbox for sooo long now....

AzzA-D:

MaxPowers666:

Obsidian made Fallout 3... I agree about the bugs though, most likely not guna be entirely fixed by PS3 release ^^ lol

Still waiting for the DLC to appear on Steam also :( 2pm in the UK and its been out on Xbox for sooo long now....

Bethesda made fallout 3 and its dlc, obsidian made new vegas. I believe bethesda is creating the dlc for new vegas as well.

Playin it now I am ^^ my net was dead from around 11pm last night till a couple hours ago ¬¬

Bugs don't seem to be around >.>
<.< yet

All i noticed is one band of tribals, who were obviously supposed to appear outta nowhere... litrally appeared... outta nowhere :P guess it was cuz i was wondering off road.

Like the guns >.>

lets hope all the hubub over the xbox patching was getting things right ^^

ZeLunarian:
Playin it now I am ^^ my net was dead from around 11pm last night till a couple hours ago ¬¬

<.< yet

All i noticed is one band of tribals, who were obviously supposed to appear outta nowhere... litrally appeared... outta nowhere :P guess it was cuz i was wondering off road.

Like the guns >.>

I'm tempted to get it, but I'm worried it will be a disappointment like Dead Money was. What's your honest opinion on it so far?

MaxPowers666:

AzzA-D:

MaxPowers666:

Bethesda made fallout 3 and its dlc, obsidian made new vegas. I believe bethesda is creating the dlc for new vegas as well.

No, Obsidian are making the DLC for New Vegas. The New Vegas DLC is based on Van Buren.

If you don't know Van Buren was going to be Fallout 3 by Interplay but when they closed down it was scrapped. Now that Obsidian have made New Vegas they're using the opportunity to make Van Buren mostly a reality through New Vegas.

WhoaItsBrett:

ZeLunarian:

<.< yet

Like the guns >.>

I'm tempted to get it, but I'm worried it will be a disappointment like Dead Money was. What's your honest opinion on it so far?

First off, and without spoilerising :P It looks like its not gonna be the off beat kinda game that dead money was ^^ I was kinda s: about DM too.

Looks fun, allowed to bring whatever you want along. Like the guns, the locals are cute. There's a follower handed straight off... I have high hopes for this one ^^

Didn't really feel too annoyed about the outage but,words cannot express the anger that is caused by having to wait for this DLC.

This is the reason dlc sucks.
Why couldn't they just pack it in one overpriced expansion?

So let me get this straight, the PS3 having problems with something related to Fallout? ...nope nothing new here. Moving on.

NameIsRobertPaulson:

You can't be serious... New Vegas was pretty bad, but it still was about equal to Zeta, but the DLC for it is that horrible? Wow, glad I saved my $10 then.

NameIsRobertPaulson:

Yet Broken Steel won all of the "best FO3" DLC award...Purely for the ending change and level cap. The items and quests were so bad. >_>

I'll be skipping all the NV DLC until a sale.

dragongit:
So let me get this straight, the PS3 having problems with something related to Fallout? ...nope nothing new here. Moving on.

Yes, when I saw this news I had to trace a fake tear down my face...
because I can't muster even mild surprise anymore.

After trying to play a broken New Vegas for 6 months (haven't tried the new patch yet; the game is floating amongst my friends), I'm really not interested. They should just put all these resources into making a new game... one that works.

However, I have to admit that I was kind of expecting this and the DM dlc to be a part of the psn welcome back plan: that way Sony and Bethesda could apologize for the grawfull support they both give the ps3.

Onyx Oblivion:

NameIsRobertPaulson:

Yet Broken Steel won all of the "best FO3" DLC award...Purely for the ending change and level cap. The items and quests were so bad. >_>

Assassin Xaero:

NameIsRobertPaulson:

You can't be serious... New Vegas was pretty bad, but it still was about equal to Zeta, but the DLC for it is that horrible? Wow, glad I saved my $10 then.

Sorry, I meant Mothershup Zeta and Point Lookout, not Broken Steel. Still, everything I've heard about the first DLC is that it's a massive waste of money. Nothing worth getting, no real bonuses. An empty DLC.

NameIsRobertPaulson:

Onyx Oblivion:

NameIsRobertPaulson:

Assassin Xaero:

NameIsRobertPaulson:

Sorry, I meant Mothershup Zeta and Point Lookout, not Broken Steel. Still, everything I've heard about the first DLC is that it's a massive waste of money. Nothing worth getting, no real bonuses. An empty DLC.

Oh, I was thinking you meant the actual missions with BS. I found them kinda bland, but the new enemies, weapons, level cap increase was awesome. I love Point Lookout and The Pitt. Anchorage was bad until Zeta came out...

NameIsRobertPaulson:

I always planned on playing the Fallout 3 DLC but through new games, including New Vegas, and talk of game destroying bugs I didn't get round to it. I feel like I missed the window.

Would you recommend I get back to that? I could very much enjoy some more Fallout 3. I guess the 300 hours wasn't enough to sate my enjoyment of the capital wasteland.

GonzoGamer:
After trying to play a broken New Vegas for 6 months (haven't tried the new patch yet; the game is floating amongst my friends), I'm really not interested. They should just put all these resources into making a new game... one that works.

This is a great shout. Bethesda should stop releasing games with a crazy old engine that bugs with every new iteration.
Let's hope Elder Scrolls V (ahem) the next Fallout gets an overhaul.

I guess until they stop selling, why would they...

NameIsRobertPaulson:

Onyx Oblivion:

NameIsRobertPaulson:

Assassin Xaero:

NameIsRobertPaulson:

I acctualy really liked Dead Money it was diffrent and quite fun the whole ghost people not dieing til you destoryed a limb was a pain at times

MrGFunk:

GonzoGamer:

This is a great shout. Bethesda should stop releasing games with a crazy old engine that bugs with every new iteration.
Let's hope Elder Scrolls V (ahem) the next Fallout gets an overhaul.

I guess until they stop selling, why would they...

It is getting worse & worse.
I know I'm much more wary of their products now.
I hear Skyrim is on a new engine and I would imagine that the next Fallout would be on it too. The question is will this new one start locking up too.

Played through the dlc... And it appears to be bug-free ^^

Who woulda guessed O:

With the new patches, New Vegas is equal, if not better, to Fallout 3.
And it´s most likely that bethesda only created Dead Money to finance the next AWNSOME DLC´s.
Still, Dead Money wasn´t that bad, kinda fucked it up in the last hour, but the constant danger was really apreciated.

I LOVE THE HOLORIFLE!

MrGFunk:
[quote="NameIsRobertPaulson" post="7.284583.11208737"]If its like the last DLC, then I'd pass either way. Last one made Broken Steel and Mothership Zeta look AWESOME by comparison. That's something I guess.

I always planned on playing the Fallout 3 DLC but through new games, including New Vegas, and talk of game destroying bugs I didn't get round to it. I feel like I missed the window.

Would you recommend I get back to that? I could very much enjoy some more Fallout 3. I guess the 300 hours wasn't enough to sate my enjoyment of the capital wasteland.

If you get all 5 packs in a bundle, and you loved FO3, I'd do it. Zeta and Anchorage are short, but give you some fun toys to play with, Point Lookout doesn't do much, but it has the best story, The Pitt is annoying, but can be very fun, and Broken Steel adds so much that it's worth all the weird plot holes.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here