Darth Vader Wows Seniors With Slick Moves and Trombone Prowess

Darth Vader Wows Seniors With Slick Moves and Trombone Prowess

The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of dance.

Everyone needs a hobby, even a Sith Lord. But while the Emperor favors basket weaving and macramé, his apprentice prefers something a little bit more energetic. To that end, he's combined the arts of salsa dancing and trombone playing - no doubt a trivial act for the Dark Side of the Force - into one rather bizarre whole.

Of course, it's not really Darth Vader; heck, it isn't even Hayden Christensen. The man behind the mask is actually Grammy-award winning trombonist Jonathon Arons, entertaining some senior citizens with his Star Wars-inspired routine. Looking at the audience's reaction, they don't seem to know quite what to make of Arons' performance - the juxtaposition of Sith Lords and salsa dancing being slightly niche humor - although a few people seem to be getting into the spirit of things. Thankfully, the internet is on hand to provide a much more appreciative audience for this kind of thing.

Besides his appearances at senior centers dressed up like a telekinetic despot, Arons also appeared on America's Got Talent, and the Tonight Show with Jay Leno. He wasn't dressed up as Darth Vader though: that would just be silly.

Source: FashionablyGeek

Day = Made.

That cracked me up.

This is the definition of "crazy awesome".

Shake that booty baby!

But in all seriousness, that's pretty awesome, though I don't think it will help him conquer the universe.

This guy should team up with this guy!!

Darth Vader is a pretty cool guy. Nerf herder's got moves.

Danik93:

Are we going to make a Star Wars villain polka band? Because that would be perfect.

He moves very well considering that all of his lowers limbs were slice off. He must of took lesson to adapt using his robotic limbs. Is that anything he can't do?

Zhukov:
Day = Made.

That cracked me up.

Likewise. That was a hilarious first watch of the day.

kayisking:
Shake that booty baby!

But in all seriousness, that's pretty awesome, though I don't think it will help him conquer the universe.

One retirement village at a time...

*Star Wars marching theme*

Geo Da Sponge:

Danik93:

Are we going to make a Star Wars villain polka band? Because that would be perfect.

That awesome is pure.

I haven't laughed that hard at a dancing Sith in years.

Geo Da Sponge:

Danik93:

Oh dear God... YES, please!

Bonus points for having them do a synchronized dance routine at the end.

Danik93:

YES. BY THE GODS, YES.

But this has to be on of the greatest things I've seen in a while.

I just ask how he plays that with the mask on...

This deserves my money more than most of the entertainment I usually pay for.

time for a new name: Dance Vader

It must be hard playing trombone with that mask. It's good to see Darth Vader use his powers for good, though.

Dulcinea:

kayisking:
Shake that booty baby!

One retirement village at a time...

*Star Wars marching theme*

Somehow I have this strange idea that the Death Star would be slightly more effective, though he should get that hole in the roof fixed.

Necromancer Jim:

I just ask how he plays that with the mask on...

I was wondering the same thing...

Great way to start the morning :D

Zhukov:
Day = Made.

That cracked me up.

This. Definitely this. As well as LA Noire arriving

Logan Westbrook:

He's always been a fun trombone player. Remember him back in the day on the Steve Harvey show? Playing/dancing to "Hollywood Swinging?" He'd fallen off my radar for a long time, but it's good to see he's still enjoying himself.

And yeah, it's crazy hard to play trombone with a mask on or while dancing. Let alone both, for an extended period of time.

Hmmmm... New imperial recruitment strategy?
Successful Vader is successful.

Glad to see he's moved on to a legitimate career since we last saw him.

Glad he got through the whole performance without choking

Join the dark side? You had me at *pwooop*

Saw this on Attack of teh Show last night. That made my night and now it's made my morning.

Danik93:

I've actually seen that guy in-person. He was sitting outside of the Javitz center during NYCC.

I read the first part of the title and all I could think of was this image.

I feel it's still appropriate, even if the instrument is wrong.

This was awesome, pretty random that this guy is preforming in some old folks home

Old people are like "whatevs"
lol

every time I hear Do the Conga, I think of Bender when he becomes human

This guy owns. Did you see how hard it was to get the attention of the people in the senior center?

Yet he pulls it off flawlessly. It takes a lot of balls. I've performed in a center like that before, and hated it because (most of the) people constantly talk over your performance, and treat you as a throw-away convenience even though you are doing voluntary community service

Reminds me of the robot Chicken Skit where they had a bunch of people comeout and called them lord of the _____________.

HankMan:
snip
Glad he got through the whole performance without choking

I see what you did there.....ha....ha....ow.

That was just great. Always nice to end the day with a nice chuckle.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here