Chucky Coming to Videogames as True Murder Simulator

Pages 1 2 NEXT

The creepy doll from horror franchise Child's Play is set to star in his very own gory videogame.

Videogame industry critics will soon have an actual virtual murder simulator to blame for the corruption of today's youth. TikGames has announced that it's translating horror movie franchise Child's Play into a videogame series called Chucky where players take on the role of the murderous doll.

The Child's Play movies follow a serial killer that magically transports his dying soul into a kid's doll named Chucky. Chucky tortures, murders, and terrorizes innocent victims as he tries to transfer his soul back into a human being.

The TikGames press release reveals that players will not be trying to stop Chucky, but playing as Chucky himself as they move through various environments killing people. Chucky will use stealth-based skills to take people out with what TikGames calls a "multitude of distinctive methods." Players will have their choice as to how many people are left breathing, though something tells me in most cases it won't be very many.

TikGames co-founder Alex Tikhman calls Chucky a "highly-entertaining, interactive, and downright gory experience." There isn't a whole lot of information on the upcoming game just yet, but I'm getting the picture of a game that could be something like the next Manhunt, as remaining faithful to the franchise would require quite the brutal game. I personally wouldn't have the stomach to play as Chucky as he stabs, chops, and saws his way through innocent people, but I'm sure there's an audience for a title like this amongst horror fans.

Chucky hasn't been announced for any specific platforms at this time.

Queue fox news hysteria.

Oh yay. Create more bait for the ignorant, why don't you?

My first thought was Naughty Bear but hopefully good

Playing a video game as a psychotic children's doll? I Ken just imagine!

I always hated the Child's Play series. I'll be sure to miss this one whenever it comes out.

I have to wonder if they'll include a doll-on-doll sex scene. That seemed to generate a lot of controversy last time. Might work again.

WaaghPowa:
Queue fox news hysteria.

Can't. They'd have to attack the MOVIES for inspiring the game, and then UA could attack 20th Century Fox for their violent movies.

I have no idea what the hell that thing is but I'm already scared.

And the bar has been raised.

*deep sigh*

When I read the "Chucky" part I first thought you were referring to Chucky Cheese. Now that would be a game.

Public moral outrage in 3 2 1.....

Seriously this is doing the industry no favours- do we have to bait them like this?

I'm not surprised to be honest. It was only a matter of time. I'm actually a little shocked it took this long.

Now all we can do is wonder exactly how many six-year-olds will get a hold of this thing. And how it'll be the game's fault when they hurt themselves.

Honestly, I'd rather a game where you're trying to escape Chucky. Wouldn't be as action based, but would be an interesting departure for video games if nothing else. Eh, I'll wait to judge, but I doubt I'll get that chance unless I get out of this country first (since evidently Australians aren't capable of judging these things themselves).

Togs:

Seriously this is doing the industry no favours- do we have to bait them like this?

YES ... YES WE DO think of it as fishing ... for ass holes

I just see this as another movies series getting a game, I don't see what the big deal is. To me this is just the same as any of the Alien Vs Predator games.

where do these companies even get funding for this kind of thing you'd think that investors would have just said no to it

JonahNYC:

WaaghPowa:
Queue fox news hysteria.

Can't. They'd have to attack the MOVIES for inspiring the game, and then UA could attack 20th Century Fox for their violent movies.

Can you clear this for me, as a non-American? FOX news as far as I can tell is Republican, yet The Simpsons and slightly Futurama is very, very clearly Liberal? Do I have this correct, cause it confuses the shit out of me.

Why are we acting like there's going to be a big blow-up against this game? I mean it wouldn't be surprised, but we're already making fun of the people who are against this game before anyone is even against it.

But this is kind of strange, coming from a studio whose credits include "Flower Stand Tycoon" (that's not a joke). I have a feeling this game won't get far enough to even be looked at by the news...

I can't wait for this game.

Tom Goldman:

The Child's Play movies follow a serial killer that magically transports his dying soul into a kid's doll named Chucky. Chucky tortures, murders, and terrorizes innocent victims as he tries to transfer his soul back into a human being.

He wasn't a serial killer. He was a murderous degenerate. There's a difference.

Togs:

I don't want any creative medium to be limited by a fear of public outrage from people with an obvious agenda. They don't get to decide what games should and should not exist...in America.

Frank_Sinatra_:
When I read the "Chucky" part I first thought you were referring to Chucky Cheese. Now that would be a game.

I totally thought that too. Like totally before even reading.
That game would be a boss. A small purple(wearing) rat killing other thing or maybe they could take the "GTA" approach and make a unsatisfied man working as the mascot the protagonist who then would go through certain situations and emerge victorious with almost everyone of his family dead.

I don't care what I'll get out of this, but I'm a fan of the Child Play series.

If this was actually made and release on multiplatorm, I'll buy it. Even if it's crap (like Seed of Chucky), I'll buy it and play it. And I hope to god Chucky is voiced by Brad Dourif. If not, then I'll be disappointed.

I would just like to point out that this wouldn't be a "true murder simulator" either...
because you're still playing as a puppet... doll... whatever the hell that little jerkass is.

A "true murder simulator" would be something that has you play as a serial killer; one that's actually believable.

So no... Freddy Kreuger and Jason Vorhees wouldn't count either.

Hannibal Lector might though.

cjbos81:

I don't want any creative medium to be limited by a fear of public outrage from people with an obvious agenda. They don't get to decide what games should and should not exist...in America.

ryo02:

YES ... YES WE DO think of it as fishing ... for ass holes

If the medium is ever gonna ditch the image of it being "Child's Play" stuff like this is gonna need to be stopped until we've gained the respect that other mediums enjoy.

cjbos81:
They don't get to decide what games should and should not exist...in America.

Considering that a large percentage of the controversy around violent games originates in the USA thats a little funny.

Captcha= fightylo stands, so never give up! Never surrender!

Sigh, I don´t like Chucky, at all

So much for defending video games as not being murder simulators. Thanks, Chucky.

On a side note, Chucky was a scary ass movie. Maybe not so much anymore, but when I first saw it... dear god. The whole premise is terrifying.

Wolfram01:
So much for defending video games as not being murder simulators. Thanks, Chucky.

On a side note, Chucky was a scary ass movie. Maybe not so much anymore, but when I first saw it... dear god. The whole premise is terrifying.

I loved the movies, but I get why people were freaked out by it, its the doll that does it.

Also, the industry doesn't really need that much defending in all honesty. Its getting a little sad to see every time a game like this is released that tends to be the in thing to say, not attacking just making an observation.

I still want a decent Friday the 13th game...*grumbles angrily to self*

OT: I don't find playing as the killer scary, but escaping and trying to hide I do.
A Heavy Rain esque game, but with Jason or Chucky waiting somewhere looking for you. That is something I'd play and probably like.

And I wish they wouldn't call it a murder simulator. Even if it's not in any way, that's all the media needs to blame a couple of RL murders on it.

So it's going to be Hitman only from a midget's point of view?

That might be kind of fun actually, moving about without being seen until it's time to strike, etc.

cjbos81:
I can't wait for this game.

Tom Goldman:

He wasn't a serial killer. He was a murderous degenerate. There's a difference.

Togs:

I agree with you on the issue of public outrage, but Chucky most definitely was a serial killer. Anybody who kills mulltiple persons can, after all, be defined as such.

That Doll scared the hell out of me when iwas younger, and still does. Valley of the dolls is also crazy scary.

I fail to see how this is controversial or unsettling in any way.

When it comes out with pointless sequel after pointless sequel, will it claim this i just it being true to the source material?

JonahNYC:

WaaghPowa:
Queue fox news hysteria.

Yeah, if they didn't do that, they might come off as hypocritical douches. Fox would never do something that might make therm look like retards with double standards.

Knowing Fox, they'll say the games inspired the movies.

I know it's way, way too early, but I'm calling it: that game sounds just terrible.

This isnt going to be a rape lay with the rape replaced with Murder is it? cause games really dont need that.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here