Sony Remastering PSP Titles for PS3, Monster Hunter Up First

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Sony Remastering PSP Titles for PS3, Monster Hunter Up First

The PS3 is getting its very first Monster Hunter title through a Sony initiative that'll revamp PSP games for the console.

Sony has announced a new series of PlayStation 3 games called the PSP Remaster lineup which doesn't need much explanation. The company is revamping titles originally developed for the PSP and bringing them to the PS3. Pretty simple.

Of course, these games won't be making the trek from handheld to console unscathed. Varying depending on title, Sony will be upgrading PSP Remaster games' visuals, adding exclusive PS3 features, 3D support, Dual Shock controller support, and allowing for save data to be shared from PSP to PS3. These titles will be sold both on Blu-ray and as downloads.

The first game to become a Remaster is a smart choice. Sony is teaming up with Capcom to transform the PSP's Monster Hunter Portable 3rd into Monster Hunter Portable HD. Portable 3rd was never released outside of Japan, but that hasn't stopped it from already selling millions of copies. Japan loves it some Monster Hunter.

Andriasang reports that the announcement wording hints PSP Remaster games could be released worldwide, but there's currently no word on whether or not Capcom will localize Monster Hunter Portable HD for regions other than Japan. The game's trailer shows a smooth HD visual upgrade, it'll be playable online through the PS3's Ad Hoc Party mode, and not having to use the "claw" to play the game is like a godsend for any PSP Monster Hunter player, so I hope non-Japanese gamers get it eventually. The Wii's Monster Hunter Tri is fun, but it's not in HD, damn it!

No other PSP Remaster titles have been announced at this time. Monster Hunter Portable HD is scheduled for release in Summer 2011.

Source: Andriasang

Well... IF it does come outside of Japan
I'd much rather have MH Portable 3rd on my PS3, not my PSP. And can we get a hell-yeah for Peacewalker?

And the least of Monster Hunter Tri's faults was lack of HD.

So, provided everything goes to plan, we'll not only be getting Monster Hunter Portable 3rd over here, but it'll also be on the PS3 and take advantage of all the things the PS3 has to offer?
Sign me up.

Hmm, I was just thinking of getting a PSP for the Untold legends games and Dungeon Siege. It would be sweet if they give this treatment to some of those game and others that have sold well.

I hope we get the 2 God of War games that came out on PSP, I've never had the chance to play them.

Monster Hunter... for the PS3....

Yes.

YES!

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!!!

MY WISH HAS BEEN GRANTED!

Heh, I posted this like an hour ago in games discussion.

Anyways, this is interesting and I'm curious to see what other games are gonna get the remastered treatment. If they did it with Dissidia 012, well....then I have no fucking excuse as to why I still don't have a PS3. It would be cool if they offered a download voucher for the PSP version of the game with the remastered version. That way people don't have to buy the game twice just to take advantage of the save transfer feature, because I really wouldn't wanna rebuy the same game for something like that.

Games I could think of that full well deserve the remaster treatment and that everyone would love: Peace walker, Crisis Core, God of War: Chains of Olympus and Ghost of Sparta, Birth By Sleep, and pretty much any triple A game from them.

But seriously, HD Dissidia 012.....NAO!!!

I hope they do a 'best of' pack that contains all the PSP GTA, MGS and God of War games.

Yes, I know it's a stretch, but even approximations will satisfy me >.<

Soxafloppin:
I hope we get the 2 God of War games that came out on PSP, I've never had the chance to play them.

I remember hearing a rumor a while back of them making a "Collection" styled game for the two PSP GoWar titles.

Xyphon:
Monster Hunter... for the PS3....

Yes.

YES!

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!!!

MY WISH HAS BEEN GRANTED!

I wouldn't get too excited.
1) There is NOTHING at all about a release date for Portable 3rd outside of Japan.
2) It isn't true online, you still have to use Ad-hoc party to play "online", just like you do with Monster Hunter Portable Unite, so no true online either.
3) It isn't a true PS3 MH game sadly... its just updating the PSP graphics a little, not completely redoing them... a PS3 quality Monster Hunter game would be THE shiiiiiiit though. Too bad Capcom wimped out of that and moved to the Wii.

This is awesome news!

Here's hoping for MGS Portable Ops (even though it won't be anymore) and Peace Walker!

And while I'm hoping, maybe WipEout Pure and Pulse as well?

This news pleases me.

Wait...actually this is the second title. The first title was WipEout Pure.

Wonder if Phantasy Star Portable 2/infinity will get an HD port.

Ah hell yes.

I've only ever played Tri and I fucking loved it.

From what I hear, thre PSP versions are even better.

Sign me up!

Daystar Clarion:
Ah hell yes.

I've only ever played Tri and I fucking loved it.

From what I hear, thre PSP versions are even better.

Sign me up!

Having played the PSP games and the Wii games, I can give a definitive hell yeah to them being better. Tri was a decent game, but the lack of DLC support made them include the usually-DLC quests on the disk, which took up space used to make two unique sets of armor per-monster, which also meant there was less overall in variety.

They also padded the hell out of the Ranking System.

Is...is this true? Can I finally get to play Monster Hunter in HD with a comfortable controller? I'm overjoyed ;_;

i hope they bring Knights in the Nightmare and Yggdra Union to ps3 and give them an HD remake like Capy did for M&M Clash of Heroes

COME OOOOOOOON PEACE WALKER!!!!

Literally the only game I care about, although the god of wars for psp wouldnt go amiss

Y-Yes... a million times yes.

Yeah, I heard about this.

Can't wait for Duodecim on PS3. Because we know you'll do that, right Square-Enix? Right? RIGHT?

AbsoluteVirtue18:
Yeah, I heard about this.

Can't wait for Duodecim on PS3. Because we know you'll do that, right Square-Enix? Right? RIGHT?

I will personally hold Wada at gunpoint and force him to green light that. I won't have any reason to not have a PS3 if they make that *drools*.

My Golbez kicking ass in HD glory....oh yes.

Do I hear Final Fantasy VII Crisis Core? (Yes, I know it's not a great game, but I never got to play it and I want to)
Also, Resistance Retribution would please me as well.

Xbox release? Pretty please? =(

Meh, PSP to PS3 port? That's cool, but I probably won't buy it.

*Reads it's Monster Hunter*

I am so happy right now

The Metal Gear psp games would be nice on ps3, They were great but the controls were more difficult than wrestling with an agitated crocodile.

GiantRaven:
Xbox release? Pretty please? =(

Why would there be..? It's Sony doing it.

Korten12:
Why would there be..?

Because I'd like to be able to play it. A truly flimsy reason but there you go.

Come on Dissidia with online play!

I stopped playing Monster Hunter for a while there, then I picked it up again recently and I forgot how good it was. I was really considering getting MH Freedom 3 (if it actually came out), despite not even getting close to half the quests completed in either Monster hunter Freedom 1 or 2. But this is much better.

Also the PSP has some fantastic titles and it would be great to see remastered.

cursedseishi:
And can we get a hell-yeah for Peacewalker?

Hell YEAHHHH!!!!
Although I already have it on the PSP, wouldn't buy it a second time round, but those who havn't tried it... MUST!

Most of the good PSP games that I know of, I already own, but I hope they remake Jak and Daxter: The Lost Frontier, because I never actually got that but I've always wanted to since it was announced. Having played the demo, I think it could have been as good as the older Jak games with a proper PS controller.

Please, please, please come to the states.

PSP 2 PS3 wishlist:
Dissidia 012: Final Fantasy
Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker
Valkyria Chronicles 2-3 (returning to PS3)
Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep

If they port and un-shittify those Star Wars Battlefront games that were put onto the PSP, I'm going to jump on the bandwagon and get a PS3 immediately! There's probably some other things I'd like in that deal, but my mind is drunk with the thought of a Battlefront game for modern consoles right now.

Time to go pick up my trusty oversized long sword.

Ps: please don't just release Peacewalker, release Portable Ops please. My faith will be restored in you if the requirements are met

Shirokurou:
PSP 2 PS3 wishlist:
Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker
Valkyria Chronicles 2-3 (returning to PS3)
Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep

this is the right list. well done. truly peace walker was NOT a portable title. it was mgs3-II with a good concept for multiplayer ... just poorly fleshed out

Kingdom hearts:birth by sleep
MGS:peace walker/portal ops
killzone:liberation
Valkyria Chronicles 2

Maybe they can redo the little big planet that came out for the psp. Currently that one is woefully broken upon downloading the turbo pack.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Posting on this forum is disabled.