Duke Nukem Forever Goes Gold

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

GaltarDude1138:

Frenger:
That ""%¤&"¤#&ing volcano on Iceland will mess with the shipping to Europe.

Fixed that for you.

Drakmeire:
Well Guys, the day is finally here...
What are we going to make fun of now. Starcraft:Ghost?

Frenger:

Nope, not sure what we should pick now. Starcraft: Ghost got axed.

Is HL2 Episode 3 overused already?

No, that will do, for now :)

Drakmeire:

Half Life 2 Ep. 3 is still a prime target...

Well, the rapture was supposed to happen over the weekend. I guess this is as good of timing as we could hope for.

HL2:E3 is waiting for the real thing and not the drill to go gold.

Am I too late to make a rapture joke?

Always bet on Duke!

I'm super stoked for Duke Nukem Forever. I'm ready to have fun in FPSs again!

But wait! Half Life, Deus Ex: The Conspiracy, and Wolfenstein 2009 have already done that!

Oh well! More fun for me!

It's hard to fathom that the entire Pokemon series in NA has been released after this DNF was announced.

Seriously think about it, the Pokemon CORE series has sold over 200 million units.

I will be upset if there isn't an achievement that reads:

"It's Done" 100G.

Hmm better start buying cigars and whiskey!!! This game has to be played in the right kind of way!!

Irridium:
A moment of silence, for we have lost one of Gaming's great jokes.

Well just have to settle for "valve time" and quotes from portal.

"Starts quietly crying to himself"

too easy ;)

lacktheknack:

Drakmeire:

Half Life 2 Ep. 3 is still a prime target...

God i hope they release it 22.12.2012 just as a huge middle finger to whoever still believes in that crap.

Frenger:
That ""%¤&"¤#&ing volcano on Island will mess with the shipping to Europe.

You mean *ICELAND* There are plenty of islands with volcanoes on them.

Also, the volcanic eruption didn't have as much as an impact as the one before so shipping is going to be ok.

Baldr:
Hell just froze over.

Where is the First Access Club Demo, I was suppose to get access to when I bought Borderlands: GOTY edition?

i checked the demo comes out june 3rd

Welcome, my brethren, to history in the making. When we're all on our deathbeds, old and grandparents, we'll tell our youngin's about how we were there, when Duke Nukem Forever was announced 14 years before it's release, and we were there, when it finally hit shelves and was playable.

I may never have played a Duke Nukem game in my lifetime, but I'll be damned if I let this game slip by me unnoticed. Got my Balls of Steel edition been preordered since March, and I'll be there on June 14th at opening to pick up my copy, and having hopefully beaten Infamous 2 (Hero Edition) by then, will pop in DNF and bask in the revival of a franchise that is about as old as myself, as well as help usher in the new age of fun shooters, hopefully ridding ourselves of this huge, bland 'realistic' shooter plague that's been trying to play on the success of a franchise that set the world alight in it's 4th numbered installment and has since then focused on multiplayer rather than a well paced wonderful story.

To get on topic, this really is a moment in gaming history that we'll look back on and say wow, I can't believe I was there

fare777:

Frenger:

You mean *ICELAND* There are plenty of islands with volcanoes on them.

Also, the volcanic eruption didn't have as much as an impact as the one before so shipping is going to be ok.

Oh, crap. You're right. I'm not english speaking so I tend to make that mistake. Iceland is Island where I live :P

pics or it didn't happen
and why do people keep mentioning starcraft ghost as vaporware? blizz said they killed the thing

Finally, after the years of waiting and all the issues, DNF is ready!

I hope they realize that after all this to do, it had better be the greatest game ever made.

Frenger:

That fucking volcano is a national treasure mind you... Not really, but at least my evil plans work well with them.

OT: I just came. In my pants. Twice.
Wait, multiple orgasms? Does that mean that I am a woman now?

I mistook "going gold" for "being released" and thought they did some sort of surprise release, as if the delay to June was some sort of joke.

Crypticonic:

Drakmeire:

Earthbound 64 perhaps?

Nope, that got released as Mother 3 in Japan in 2006 for the GBA. Probably will never get an American release though sadly.

Episode 3 seems like the next good game to make fun of, but it doesn't have the same fun with acronyms that DNF had.

Drakmeire:

There's always HL2:Episode Three.

We waited a decade.

This best be the greatest artistic endevour ever to involve hookers.

Oh happy day. Good to see it actually happen. Hopefully the game won't be a disappointment (by regular standards, not by waiting THAT much and hoping something pure gold)

Kopikatsu:

Edit: Starcraft: Ghost got axed? B-B-But...Nova had such a nice ass...

...STOP JUDGING ME!

I won't judge you :p

Irridium:
A moment of silence, for we have lost one of Gaming's great jokes.

Or it could turn out to be one of gamings greatest jokes, we'll find out on 10th June :D

All in favour of voting Episode 3 the next vaporware title?

Of course not, because when Valve takes 14 years to release something that's somehow better than another studio that jerks you around as long.

And yes I am well aware that ep 3 has not yet taken 14 years. Give it time.

I'm actually vaguely excited for this. I began gaming about the time that DNF was announced, so it would be nice to finally see the game released, even if I won't get it right away and it'll probably be a completely generic FPS which just happens to have a sexist main character as it's only unique selling point.

Actually that's a fair point, when the only selling points are 'it's taken fourteen years' and 'our protagonist is a chauvinist' what exactly are we hoping for from this game?

to those who are wondering about i have from a close source who gets to test Duke Nukem Forever says its amazing so get it

It will never be able to live up to the expectations of the fans. In the end it will probably be a decent enough game to play at least once. But definitely not worth the wait.

Or something like this will happen: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/1968-Viewers-Choice-Duke-Nukem-Forever.

4RM3D:
It will never be able to live up to the expectations of the fans.

Believe me, our expectations are alot more realistic than your stereotypes suggest. We aren't expecting the rapture. That's just what people who don't really follow the game think we are expecting. We're expecting 14+ hours of Duke Nukem Forever single-player with fast-paced and old-school(ish) multiplayer. That seems to be what we're getting, so we will be pleased.

Relax guys, we can always make fun of Shenmue 3.

I hate to be the party pooper, but the following image pretty much sums up my feelings about DNF's upcoming release:

For me, the announcement of Duke Nukem Forever was roughly half a lifetime ago. I'm a completely different person to the sniveling little Duke fanboy I was back in the day. While I gladly replay old games in occasional fits of nostalgia, I can't even hazard a guess as to the last time I said "You know what? I'm gonna play me some Duke Nukem 3D."

I'm gonna go ahead and use Postal 3 as the new joke, since Vince Desi (the head of RWS) said that he "guarantee Postal 3 will be out before Duke Nukem Forever", now, Duke is coming and Postal 3 is nowhere to be seen... I want some Postal...

Anyway, I've pre-ordered the Balls of Steel Edition of DNF :)

Time to cash in on my bets.

ALWAYS bet on Duke!

http://youtu.be/oUCbflBkIgo

Lvl 64 Klutz:
Better yet, you put the disc in, and the whole past decade has been spent setting up the GREATEST. RICK ROLL. EVER!!

And yet...somehow it would still be worth it to see the epic "FUUU-" world wide...

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here