Portal 2 Model Maker Creates Talking Combustible Lemons

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Portal 2 Model Maker Creates Talking Combustible Lemons

When life gives you lemons, weaponize them.

Model maker and Portal 2 fan Chris "Ammnra" Myles - the man who built the fantastically detailed personality spheres - is at it again, and this time he hasn't just recreated something from the game, he's actually made something new based on it instead.

Those of you have played through Portal 2 - and those of you who haven't should turn back, lest ye encounter spoilers - might recall that Aperture founder Cave Johnson isn't a big fan of the saying, "If life gives you lemons, make lemonade." In fact, he gets so angry about the lemons, he threatens to invent a combustible lemon and use it to burn down the homes of the lemon bearers.

What Myles has done, is envision what it might have looked like if Johnson had been successful in his efforts to construct a firery lemon. The combustible lemons are made from fake lemons, parts from BB loaders, springs that allow the handle to fly off when the pin is pulled, and a hacked greetings card that plays Johnson's lemon rant, and then a loud boom.

While you won't find lemon grenades in the game itself, they'd be a great fit. Lemons grenades are pretty much the perfect combination of the surreal whimsy and dark humor that the Portal games do so well. You can check out the lemon grenades, as well as a bunch of Myles' other projects, on his Flickr page.

Source: Game Informer

I want one.

Mr Myles, here is my money. Take it.

Hard to see anyone going sour on this idea.

I guess that's why they call it

(Puts on sunglasses)

Lemon-Ade

but do they leave your corpse smelling like lemons?.

So, sour... they blow your face off!

BOOSH!

Copywrited.

Cave Johnson approves.

Want this.
Why don't you sell these things. Come on.
*sigh*

Roberto416:
I guess that's why they call it

(Puts on sunglasses)

Lemon-Ade

*Tosses lemon-grenade*

Citrus out!

My monies, you may take them all. Just give me those lemons!!!

"The Arbiter would likes some Lemon Grenades!"

I didn't think the joke made a very good meme, but this is just plain awesome!

When I read Lemon Grenade all I could think of was a scene from Unforgotten Realms.

Captain-Giggles:

Knew i would find someone that would say that

airwolfe591:
When I read Lemon Grenade all I could think of was a scene from Unforgotten Realms.

i was just about to say something similar *high five*

ATmatey36:
I didn't think the joke made a very good meme, but this is just plain awesome!

Quite agreed. I want this so bad!

My first reaction was this...

DO WANT!!!!

Then came this...

DOWANTDOWANTDOWANT!!!!

Then this...

HANDS OFF, IT IS MINE!!!!!

Explosive lemonade for the win.

This is sheer awesomeness.

Something I could actually see the science types at Aperture coming up with. File the weaponised lemons alongside the miniature personality cores as something I would buy if they were actually for sale...

Your move, life.

MarsProbe:
Something I could actually see the science types at Aperture coming up with. File the weaponised lemons alongside the miniature personality cores as something I would buy if they were actually for sale...

Don't forget the talking turrets.

vxicepickxv:
Don't forget the talking turrets.

Oh yeh, them too. Hell, with an arsenal like this at my disposal, I'd be invincible!

About time. That's about the best thing I've heard all day.

...This man is my new hero.

That's just amazingly creative.

Everything this guy makes is just too much awesome >_<

Lemony fresh destruction!!!

HankMan:
Hard to see anyone going sour on this idea.

You, good sir; are the most awesome thing ever, youre like santa and jebus rolled into one.
In fact I honestly think that... YOU ARE GOD.

Distorted Stu:
So, sour... they blow your face off!

BOOSH!

Copywrited.

right when i read BOOSH! your avatar nuke when off and i literally lol'd

but on topic these could be made with real lemons and grenades and be used as stun grenades... if i got lemon juice in my eyes i would just stop fighting

Captain-Giggles:

>.< I was just about to say that! xD

I think we found a new meme.

For science!
I wonder, if any bank will give me the necessary credit to buy, (captcha: Atomic okleforl) uhhh...... enough.

Burning peoples houses down, with lemons! this man is doing what were all thinking!

"When life gives you lemons, make life take the lemons back!"

I GREATLY appriciate that spoiler warning. I have not yet played Portal 2, and now I really want to know the signifigance of Lemon Grenades. :)

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here