Brace Yourself for the Wargaming Quiz!

Brace Yourself for the Wargaming Quiz!

Are you fit for duty? Find out how much you know about wargaming with our quiz.

The crunch of the debris under a tank tread, the distant booming of heavy fire in the distance, the sharp snap of rifle fire - all sounds we've heard coming from our PC or console; but the low hum of the submarine's engine and the dead silence as they're cut off by a hushed order, the frenzied movement of a command center during battle, the requests for support shouted over a popping radio - those are the sounds a commander hears. What isn't heard is the pressure he undergoes as he takes responsibility for the men he sends to battle.

The modern concept of wargames have been used to train commanders to have confidence in their decisions since the early 1800s. How much do you know about the games that have been used for both military training and civilian entertainment?

As always, you'll have as long as you like to take the quiz, and can retake it until you get that 100%, but your cumulative time will affect your position on the leaderboard.

(Take the quiz.)

(Image)

You scored 30%, with 3 of 10 correct!

You're currently ranked 49th out of 80 total entries.

God I'm so bad at this.

I hate these questions where you need to know everything about games, wich is something i never know how to answer....

I do love those quizes that define youre personnality, like what kind of character are you, or whats youre sin... those are the most entertaining... :D

Catchy Slogan:

God I'm so bad at this.

I got 20%. Didn't know a single answer, and I hadn't heard of at least half of those games...

Assassin Xaero:
*snip*

I'm going with the excuse that it's because I'm not a table-top person. Or to be more specific, I've never had the chance to be a table-top person.

>.> Yeah.. that's the only reason...

Wow I bloody well tanked this quiz, 30% right and I didn't even know a single bloody answer to these questions.

20%. Lucky guessing. I thought it would be questions about real warfare or historic battles. Oh well.

Was not expecting questions about tabletop wargames.

Canid117:
Was not expecting questions about tabletop wargames.

I was expecting it to be almost all tabletop-orientated questions. Either way, it was a pretty strange mix of questions.

All Escapist quizzes test the same thing:
How fast can you Google?

I should've read the thing first, I was expecting questions about military tactics. The only thing I knew something about was Chainmail, but only vaguely.

I scored 30%, with 3 of 10 correct on The Escapist's Wargaming Quiz.
Take this quiz

Wow, I failed badly.

Holy shit, that has to be the hardest quiz you've ever done.
I got 20 %.

60% no Google.

Only because I AM a tabletop nerd.

That said, the lack of Warhammer Fantasy/40K answers has me SEETHING with rage.

10%, and I used to work in a wargaming shop.

I don't know dates, I just know rules dammit!

Amazingly enough, The D&D reference about SSI got me that question, letting me guess right on 3 other ones.

I scored 30%, with 3 of 10 correct on The Escapist's Wargaming Quiz.
Take this quiz

At least I got a few right.

I answered 60% correct. And i have never heard of most of it, and i have never played tabletop games :P

Guess I'm lucky like that.

Wow, good guessing, imo.

Aw hells yeah. 50%, guessing. Get at me!

i guessed all of them and got 2 right. GO ME

I had like CoD in mind when I saw this. Most of the questions are specific dates and designer names, I don't have time to know dat crap!

Ouch, 30%. That's damn low.
But i really had to guess most. I'm not lucky, it seems.

I got 4 correct, that pic is misleading...

i was expecting a quiz about the CoD, BFBC, HF and MoH....i was wrong...and i failed 30%

I feel so stupid :(

Wargaming quiz and you didn't mention 2 of the most popular tabletop wargames LOTR and Warhammer 40k. What.....60% I new several of them, guessed the rest.

I honestly thought it was gonna be about FPS's

I didn't even know Dungeons and Dragons was a video game before a month ago.

1 out of 10.

Well...better than some of my uni test scores.

30%, and then i googled one of them.. Many of these test seem somewhat to nerdy for me :P

Assassin Xaero:

Catchy Slogan:

God I'm so bad at this.

I got 20%. Didn't know a single answer, and I hadn't heard of at least half of those games...

Same for me. And I thought I'd do well on this quiz....

Damn it I wanted more GamesWorkShop questions!

I consider myself as someone who plays alot of games... havent heard of any of these =|

You scored 40%, with 4 of 10 correct!

You're currently ranked 1302nd out of 2912 total entries.

I feel so stupid...

I apparently did so poorly it didn't even want to show me my score. My ego thanks you for the kindness, computer glitch.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here