Minecraft Maps Hacked to Play YouTube Videos

Minecraft Maps Hacked to Play YouTube Videos

Through a hack, the map system in Minecraft can play Nyan Cat videos while you build.

The new map feature included in Minecraft update 1.6 can do more than show where you are in the world. Through a hack, maps can also be used to display pixelated YouTube videos.

YouTube's "sk89q" first demonstrates the hack by playing a couple of music videos from Verve and DeadMau5. He then moves on to show the Aperture Science Turret trailer from Portal 2 and a Mirror's Edge video.

Both play right through the map even while sk89q moves around the world a little bit. He shows how deep the rabbit hole goes when he plays a video of himself playing Minecraft and using the hack to play a video of the Nyan Cat.

It's a neat hack, but sk89q admits that how it's currently performed is "unrealistic." However, he's looking into the possibility of a real YouTube player for Minecraft, should anyone want to use the game as an interface to get their Nyan Cat fix.

Source: YouTube, via G4

This could actually be quite good for some the "adventure" Minecraft maps. Like having a video of what to do for a puzzle or something.

I want to see a Rick Roll being done while building now...

"never going to give you up..."

this is absolutely epic.. you could make video diary's of builds, and send them to people, you could build instruction manuals, you could do... ... anything!!!!

epic epic epic!!!!

wait... wow, slowdown there.. Mojang, make us a Minecraft tutorial, tricks videos you can unlock via the game, ect..

this literally has limitless possibilities!!

Soon they'll add all the functions of a windows desktop so that you never need to leave the game........ever.....

*throws hands up in the air*

That's it, technology is just taking the piss now. Just...the shit computers and software are capable of nowadays. It's just...come on people, come oooooon!!!

I'm now positive this game can literally do anything.

It's a minecraft within a minecraft!

Incepcraft. Coming fall 2012.

Now no one will ever get anything done again
EVER!

WaaghPowa:
Soon they'll add all the functions of a windows desktop so that you never need to leave the game........ever.....

Unless you want an optimized, secure or well-designed operating system.

I fail to see why people use so much time doing this stuff on minecraft when they could just code something new.

Absolutely amazing.

A Weakgeek:
I fail to see why people use so much time doing this stuff on minecraft when they could just code something new.

Because focusing on smaller scale works within a pre established and developing environments offers programmers a chance to focus on what they love.

I'll start building a giant billboard behind my house constantly running My Little Pony. Then all of my friends will be as insane as I am.

At the end, it was a map... inside a map...

Somehow I feel as if I should insert some sort of meme here.

These maps might just end up as screens for the in-game cpu's they're building...

C95J:
At the end, it was a map... inside a map...

OT: Neat but I'll pass. I don't need Nyan Cat running through my head agai- OH GAWD NOT AGAIN

J03bot:
It's a minecraft within a minecraft!

Incepcraft. Coming fall 2012.

http://inception.davepedu.com/

Bretty:
Absolutely amazing.

A Weakgeek:

Because focusing on smaller scale works within a pre established and developing environments offers programmers a chance to focus on what they love.

Other possibility is ofcourse because MC is so hot now that anything related to it will become godly. So even stuff that isint that impressive (im not saying this isint i dont know if this is hard or not) will impress EVERYONE THAT EVER LIVED.

if i could do this i would make a video of a video inside another video in another video thats in another video thats in a video that plays nyan cat...

Ok.... who divided by Zero this time?

Redlin5:

C95J:

=D
Finally, my opportunity has arrived!!! Ok, here goes:

YO, DAWG! We heard you like to play videos in minecraft! So we put a video in your video so you can watch while you watch while you play!

Well that's just downright awesome. It looks really cool, and they player selected good stuff to play, too. The map in a map nyan-cat made me laugh, too.
Also, damn, Mirrors Edge was cool.

this sounds awesome, i think i'd be even cooler if they made it so you could add desktop items and stuff, so you could kinda move around in your computer, like you have to run to your files and stuff and even open stuff. i'd build a castle around AVG

Very cool, but why the term 'hacked'.

Wouldn't this fall under the idea of 'modded'

Sorry if I sound like I'm splitting hairs, but the title doesn't seem to fit the actual thing added.

I want to see a Minecraft within a Minecraft within a Minecraft within a Minecraft within a Minecraft within a Minecraft within a Minecraft within a Minecraft within a Minecraft within a Minecraft within a Minecraft within a Minecraft within a Minecraft within a Minecraft within a Minecraft within a Minecraft within a Minecraft within a Minecraft within a Minecraft within a Minecraft within a Minecraft within a Minecraft within a Minecraft within a Minecraft within a Minecraft within a Minecraft within a Minecraft within a Minecraft within a Minecraft within a Minecraft within a Minecraft within a Minecraft within a Minecraft within a Minecraft within a Minecraft within a Minecraft within a Minecraft within a Minecraft within a Minecraft within a Minecraft within a Minecraft within a Minecraft within a Minecraft within a Minecraft within a Minecraft within a Minecraft within a Minecraft within a
MINECEPTION!

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here