E3: Postal III Trailer Rocks the Show

Pages 1 2 NEXT

E3: Postal III Trailer Rocks the Show

Amidst the relentless sound and fury that is the spectacle of E3, one game trailer stands alone, above and apart from all the rest: Postal III.

For those of us who can't make it to the real deal, E3 is all about the trailers. Whether it's a brand-new game being announced or an epic bit of mini-cinema designed to keep us interested while we wait for the dev team to get it in gear, nothing says "E3 week" like an endless stream of videogame trailers. Speaking of endless streams, here's my early pick for Best of Show: the hot new Grindhouse-style trailer for Postal III.

Let's face it, this is not the kind of thing you see every day. Badgers! AIDS-infected cats! Hyperactive lab monkeys! (Good lord, monkey.) All this plus Al-Qaeda, Sarah Palin - sorry, unnamed gun-toting nut-slash-Alaskan hockey mom - and, for the second time in history, a man with a machine gun, dressed like a giant ballsack. "Your mind will never erase the spectacle of the Rhino Rodeo!" the trailer warns.

Gary Coleman, sadly, could not be involved with the project.

I was going to make a joke, but you know what? I've got nothing. So instead, I will simply say this: ladies and gentlemen, I believe we have our winner. Postal III will be out when it's done, maybe later this year, for the PC, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.

See all our coverage directly from the show floor.

I laughed at the Sarah Palin part, and was the mayor Ron Jeremy? I'm definitely watching for this.

Andy Chalk:

Speaking of endless streams, here's my early pick for Best of Show: the hot new Grindhouse-style trailer for Portal III.

Alas, I wish it were so, but sadly I believe there to be a typo :P

-Alex

That's certainly unpretentious...

(Typo, by the way: PoRtal III)

This is the perfect antidote for people afflicted with Nukem Disappointment Disorder.
It's been too long, Postal Dude. Teach us how to love again.

I can't wait to see how many people misread that as Portal 3 and start calling out Valve for cashing in.

Who knows what the fuck I was expecting at E3 this year, it certainly was not this.

Lazarus Long:
This is the perfect antidote for people afflicted with Nukem Disappointment Disorder.

Postal Dude's love scares me. And I think it would hurt.

Phlakes:
I can't wait to see how many people misread that as Portal 3 and start calling out Valve for cashing in.

I misread it as Portal 3 but wouldn't claim Valve were cashing in, I'd just be surprised about how soon the announcement was.

Lazarus Long:

Amen! Preach on brother!

I'm not happy about the new vocal talent, but Ron Jeremy and badger drive by's on a segway may make up for that. :) Viva la Postal franchise!!!!

Shio:

Only at first, and only if he had to deal with a bunch of errands that day.

Yes! Awesome! After the disappointment of DNF this is going to be absolutely bat shit awesome!

i loved postal 2 as a way of dicking around but they better make my pacifist run a viable option again or this game will fail.

looks great, looks fun, looks entertaining, looks like it is made for the ps2.

Lazarus Long:

Shio:

Only at first, and only if he had to deal with a bunch of errands that day.

From the trailer his errands seem to be... murder, being raped by monkeys, murder, making out with a dude and some more murder.

Dude sure is busy, lol.

Rated W for What the fuck why didn't they make this sooner.

THIS IS WHAT DUKE NUKEM SHOULD HAVE BEEN.

Ohh yeah!

"Postal III - Will be out when it's done" Haha, FUCK YEAH. I wish every studio would promise the same thing. Not "Will be out this year", and come out the next, or "Will be out the next year", or get a pushed release ending in a half-finished game.

Mantheron:
That's certainly unpretentious...

(Typo, by the way: PoRtal III)

Yes.
And in that sense it's probably one of the more original games coming out.
I'm glad that there are still some devs that aren't afraid to NOT take themselves too seriously.
This could be lots of fun.

Wow... um... WTF?!

Alex Cowan:
Alas, I wish it were so, but sadly I believe there to be a typo :P

Man, I can't believe that slipped through. I double-checked that shit because I kept typing "portal" instead of "postal." Apparently my double-checking skillz suck.

About time, Running With Scissors.

Glad to see the game is still in production, and the trailer was certainly fun. Now, if only I knew when the game was supposed to launch. I'd put down a reservation in a minute.

I can't wait!
I mean this game is gonna be right there with duke nukem and painkiller in the fun over-the-top shooter Valhalla

LOOK GUYS, WE CAN BE COOL TOO

I got no problem with dumb fun, but seriously. Horny monkeys and cats with aids doesn't make a game funny or fun.

I think FOX news should start stocking up on tampons, this is going to be a big one.

Let's just pray to god that they pickup where Duke Nukem and Bulletstorm failed and gets rid of that stupid Regenerating health system.

I'll admit I'm a bit worried about this considering how much the postal series is used by moral guardians as an excuse that videogames are the devil, a resurrection of the series might seriously push "Videogames are an artform!" back a couple paces.

Looks throughly tongue in cheek, what the hell, i'm in.

Edit: [Insert Grindhouse Machete joke hither]

I...err...this. This is all I want from a game these days.

Pitch dark humour, over the top violence and a no boundaries take on controversy.
Truly, this is a game of awesome proportion

Um, is this, you know, real? Wow. Um, not really sure what to say to that...

Um.

I'm gonna go watch some My Little Pony.

That was brilliant! I'm not going to buy it of course, but the trailer was funny.

There was something very wrong with that video, but I can't put my finger on what exactly ...

hazabaza1:

I got no problem with dumb fun, but seriously. Horny monkeys and cats with aids doesn't make a game funny or fun.

You've never seen the original games.The best bit is that it's an independant studio.No big label and they really take it over the top.I mean you could kick people into cactus way before Bulletstorm did it.There were terrorist bomb squads yelling the ALALALALALLA etc.You could put a cat on your shotgun to use as your silencer.You could play football with people's heads you could throw scissors like throwing stars to kill people.This is the thing that Fox is gunna attack outright.And in the end the game is gonna mock you that the 150 dogs,400 cats and 8000 people you killed was the equivalent of an overworked office accountant over the edge.

Just can't wait :D

Andy Chalk:

Let's face it, this is not the kind of thing you see every day. Badgers! AIDS-infected cats! Hyperactive lab monkeys! (Good lord, monkey.) All this plus Al-Qaeda, Sarah Palin - sorry, unnamed gun-toting nut-slash-Alaskan hockey mom - and, for the second time in history, a man with a machine gun, dressed like a giant ballsack. "Your mind will never erase the spectacle of the Rhino Rodeo!" the trailer warns.

...ok I'm sold
It's coming out on 360 right?

Hristo Tzonkov:

hazabaza1:

You've never seen the original games.The best bit is that it's an independant studio.No big label and they really take it over the top.I mean you could kick people into cactus way before Bulletstorm did it.There were terrorist bomb squads yelling the ALALALALALLA etc.You could put a cat on your shotgun to use as your silencer.You could play football with people's heads you could throw scissors like throwing stars to kill people.This is the thing that Fox is gunna attack outright.And in the end the game is gonna mock you that the 150 dogs,400 cats and 8000 people you killed was the equivalent of an overworked office accountant over the edge.

Just can't wait :D

Actually I have seen them, but all this one seems to add is horny monkeys.

This has to be the holy grail of video game marketing.

The actual game could be about realistically doing accounts and tax returns but with a voice over by that guy, a guy dressed as a ball sack and a hyper monkey active humping someones spliced into the video, I'd buy it anyway!

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Posting on this forum is disabled.