Facebook Fan Gets Sleeve Tattoo of Online Friends

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

I can't think of any tatoo that I'd like to have that I wouldn't end up regretting, but these ones, of silly potential fads and kitsch stuff, just take the cake.

Ha hah.

Its kind of silly to get a tattoo of something that changes on such a regular basis.

Looks pretty cool actually. Mosaic effect.
But the idea... ugh.

Amusing thing is half of those friends have already changed their profile picture a billion times by now, also what if she makes more friends, will she move onto the other arm?

I don't know if this has already been said as I don't feel like reading all the comments but:
It's going to be really hard to erase a facebook friend after that. And does she plan on updating her arm with her friends list? Maybe we should all find and friend her, just to see what happens.

If you get a tattoo of a person or a name it says that your whole world revolves around them. What happens when you get the face of 152 friends?

Excuse me, I need to go call one of my friends. I just lost my long-standing award for Worst Tattoo Ever.

A tattoo of your bestest best friend, or a lover's name, or a brand name is silly, but acceptable at the same time.
This just ridiculously stupid.
Artistically speaking, it is a well done tattoo, and a mosaic of meaningful people, and the ones that changed/added more value to your life is a great expression. But this would only work if the pictures ARE in fact of people who deserve to be remembered becuase of a considerable contribution to this Lady' life. And if their profile pictures are an ideal representation of who they are (and not a picture of snoopy.
My personal opinion obviously.

wow, i don't like anyone THAT much

HEY GRANDMA, WHOS THAT?

Oh... it's umm... that's a dude I played WoW few times with...

YOU MADE A TATTOO OF A GUY WHO YOU NEVER TALKED WITH OR EVEN STAYED IN THE SAME ROOM FOR MORE THAN A MINUTE?

Well, yes... but...

AND 151 OTHER GUYS AND GIRLS YOU NEVER MET PERSONALLY?

Uhh... yeah...

CAN I CHANGE MY GENES NOW THANKS

Usually I have something a little more insightful to say about this kinda thing but all I can think is...idiot lol

Looking at the finished product, it really is a good bit of work that's been done, but the idea behind it it awful.

10/10 for the actual ink-work
-5/10 for the idea that spawned it.

...until some of his friends get unfriended.
PS
I don,t want to share my nationality with her for the record I,m Luxembourgian now not Dutch.

Abedeus:
HEY GRANDMA, WHOS THAT?

YOU MADE A TATTOO OF A GUY WHO YOU NEVER TALKED WITH OR EVEN STAYED IN THE SAME ROOM FOR MORE THAN A MINUTE?

Well, yes... but...

Uhh... yeah...

Not necessarily, i make a point of only 'friending' people i have met more than a few times.
With only 152 it's safe to assume she knows all of them pretty well.

That is going to spark a lot of arguments though.
"Why am i not on there when 'person x' is, and 'person y', she doesn't even like you ...." etc

baconsarnie:

Abedeus:
HEY GRANDMA, WHOS THAT?

Well, yes... but...

Uhh... yeah...

Not necessarily, i make a point of only 'friending' people i have met more than a few times.
With only 152 it's safe to assume she knows all of them pretty well.

That is going to spark a lot of arguments though.
"Why am i not on there when 'person x' is, and 'person y', she doesn't even like you ...." etc

still it,s a tattoo you are going to regret.

Thanks to that link, I just wasted half an hour on FailBook, I hope you're happy.

What if someone changes their profile picture?

I wonder how the people that did not make the list for the tattoo feel...

Shame they didn't show her face, as I used to know a crazy Netherlands chick who would probably do this, and I'm wondering if its her.

That's somewhere along getting a tattoo with your girl/boy friend picture and name ... and then getting new partner 5 months later.

I don't have anything against body art, hell, i have quite a few tatts myself, but something like that ? Never. It's just accident waiting to happen and then overpriced visit to remove it with lasers.

mjp19xx:
Bravo! I am quite a fan of terrible and/or poorly thought out tattoos,but this is a new one for me. At least getting Xes through some of the faces at a later date will likely be cheap.

New theory!

She's a serial killer. She plans to kill each and every one of these 152 'friends', each of whom has wronged her in some way in the past, however slightly. And she gets big X's put through them whenever one dies, and simply tells the tattooist that she's had a 'falling out' with them.

I wonder if all these people were cool with their faces being on her arm?
I kind of want to friend this person just so I can post "you are a colossal idiot" on their wall.

Bernzz:

mjp19xx:
Bravo! I am quite a fan of terrible and/or poorly thought out tattoos,but this is a new one for me. At least getting Xes through some of the faces at a later date will likely be cheap.

New theory!

She's a serial killer. She plans to kill each and every one of these 152 'friends', each of whom has wronged her in some way in the past, however slightly. And she gets big X's put through them whenever one dies, and simply tells the tattooist that she's had a 'falling out' with them.

At least this would make sense!

And so the waiting game starts...

That's... pretty fucking terrible.

I'm skeptical about tattoos based on favorite video games character. No way in hell I'd let myself get a tattoo of a bunch of "friends".

I think this is really cool. I am not a tatoo person myself, BUT, everyone on my facebook I have known for years. Because of their help I am the person I am today. Why not remember them all as they are now forever? Sounds like a pretty awesome way to celebrate their friendships.

I'm not that addicted to Facebook, but come on! What was this woman thinking when she got this tattoo?

Nothing.

I love the escapists views on tattoos

"no, its horrible, its a horrible idea, nobody can have 152 friends".

I'm pretty damn sure I know 160 odd people who I know and get along with rather well, thanks. Maybe this womans of the opinion that you shouldn't regret anything, because at the time its exactly what you wanted, its a part of who she is.

If gimmicky tattoos are a part of who she is, well, thats her things.

And to the guy saying "what if the profile picture wasn't of her friend" she could choose another friend. I mean, its not exactly like she's being forced to pick out random people here.

Well I have my profile on my arm too; but I think I will still like myself in 10 years :P

I can't wait to see the followup story next week when she finds out her boyfriend has been cheating on her with her elbow and the entire bicep was only friends with her because she was a good place to score pot.

BabyRaptor:
Excuse me, I need to go call one of my friends. I just lost my long-standing award for Worst Tattoo Ever.

Ooooh. I am the curious now, madam/raptor. Do go on!
*lights pipe and settles down into comfy chair*

to the one with the tattoo;

seriously, most of those people on her arm she will forget/no longer be friends with in the next year.

Vault boy Eddie:
152 friends, and NOT ONE told her this was a bad idea. Sure they're friends? Also, here's someone guaranteed never to have an important job.

What!? Are you discriminating against the Epidermally Enhanced? I'm perfectly qualified for that job and you know it. I'm hauling your ass into court.

But seriously the money she spent on that might have been better spent on alittle therapy.

sleeky01:

Vault boy Eddie:
152 friends, and NOT ONE told her this was a bad idea. Sure they're friends? Also, here's someone guaranteed never to have an important job.

What!? Are you discriminating against the Epidermally Enhanced? I'm perfectly qualified for that job and you know it. I'm hauling your ass into court.

But seriously the money she spent on that might have been better spent on alittle therapy.

Lol not at all, I myself have a tattoo and plan on getting more. Mine is in an area not readily visible, hospitals frown on that. Shit, they won't even let me have a beard or long hair!

I'm not too sure whether it's a biggie that she'll probably fall out with these people, and that at the very least they'll age.
If you told me of a tattoo idea involving a sleeve with 152 random generated faces done in this kind of detail I'd call it a pretty cool idea.

For her it's 152 stories, for others it's 152 opportunities to wonder about the story behind the face.

regret, it will follow.

being the fact that i live in the smae country as her, i do feel the drainage of my IQ, the black hole you need in your head to do THIS, has to be so powerfull that people around are getting dumber by the second.

kudos to the artist though. i guess her picture is also between the others, cause which artist would do something like this?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here